Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    just think somebody here fancies him 

• I had no idea who Salop were. Thought they were a non-league team.
  • Chunes said:
    I had no idea who Salop were. Thought they were a non-league team.

Yeah, don't quite get that headline anyway, apparently Dunkley is joining the county of Shropshire...🤔

Salop
    [ˈsaləp]
    DEFINITION
    1. another name for Shropshire.It was the official name of the county 1974–80.

• Chunes said:
    I had no idea who Salop were. Thought they were a non-league team.

Yeah, don't quite get that headline anyway, apparently Dunkley is joining the county of Shropshire...🤔

Salop
    [ˈsaləp]
    DEFINITION
    1. another name for Shropshire.It was the official name of the county 1974–80.

The land of Percy Thrower
  • I always think of prison slop buckets when seeing the word Salop.
  • seth plum said:
    I always think of prison slop buckets when seeing the word Salop.
    It really is a horrible sounding word.
  • edited June 2022
    arny23394 said:
    I've only seen Jephcott play a few times but he looks like the kind of striker that could propel a club up the divisions if things fall just right. I doubt he'd be cheap but if it's doable I hope we take the punt.
    Really? Whenever I have seen him, he’s looked like an average league 1 striker. His record also suggests he’s not much more than that, albeit he is still quite young.
    I've never see Jephcott do much, apart from a hot spell the season before last when he was Johnny on the spot, scoring simple goals from close range.

Last season he was mainly on the bench.
  • seth plum said:
    I always think of prison slop buckets when seeing the word Salop.
    That’s hardly surprising as it is an anagram of ‘a slop’. I would keep that quiet if I were Shrewsbury. 
  • Prob the same person keep banging on about him
  • Sponsored links:

• arny23394 said:
    I've only seen Jephcott play a few times but he looks like the kind of striker that could propel a club up the divisions if things fall just right. I doubt he'd be cheap but if it's doable I hope we take the punt.
    Really? Whenever I have seen him, he’s looked like an average league 1 striker. His record also suggests he’s not much more than that, albeit he is still quite young.
    I've never see Jephcott do much, apart from a hot spell the season before last when he was Johnny on the spot, scoring simple goals from close range.

Last season he was mainly on the bench.
    Having attended most Argyle home games last season I would say Jephcott is fairly average, just had a hot streak for a while, would have fit in last seasons team by virtue of creating not much most of the time.
    He’s not really a playmaker.
  • I think it's going to go to JoJo personally, if not in actual number then in playing time. 

I think Johnson will join too, eventually
  • Another transfer completed with no previous leaks.
    Oooh
  • edited June 2022
    Another transfer completed with no previous leaks.
    Are you talking about AMB because that could be read as saying there is something incoming.
  • Another transfer completed with no previous leaks.
    Oooh
    Referring to AMB leaving to Gillingham on loan I assume.

Instantly reminds me of

Ooooooh… I’ll stop now!

No I assumed @Henry Irving was alluding to another signing without us knowing, but now you’ve pointed that out it’s more an ohhhhhhh!
  • edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    Another transfer completed with no previous leaks.
    Are you talking about AMB because that could be read as saying there is something incoming.

We all know Henry's Mantra don't we,.. and there is only one on the OS... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• How many more permanents do we think are coming?  There’s a big squad on tour at the minute, considering the fact we always take advantage of the loan market.  I think there’s a chance we’ll see one more at most, then 3/4 loans.  
  • sam3110 said:
    I think it's going to go to JoJo personally, if not in actual number then in playing time. 

I think Johnson will join too, eventually
    But we need a left back / left wing back unless JF-C is played there as at Fulham 3 seasons ago.
    .........ok?! We also need competition for the right back role, and the window is nowhere near closing, and you can sign players in any order.

You don't half chat some breeze don't you?
  • Chunes said:
    How many more permanents do we think are coming?  There’s a big squad on tour at the minute, considering the fact we always take advantage of the loan market.  I think there’s a chance we’ll see one more at most, then 3/4 loans.  
    I felt sick reading that.
    I know but am I wrong?  I mean if we get our usual 5 loans in the squad will be huge.  
  • edited June 2022
    Sadly I don't think you are. 
  • Chunes said:
    How many more permanents do we think are coming?  There’s a big squad on tour at the minute, considering the fact we always take advantage of the loan market.  I think there’s a chance we’ll see one more at most, then 3/4 loans.  
    I know but am I wrong?  I mean if we get our usual 5 loans in the squad will be huge.  
    The key is both how good are the "ins" and how many can we get out. 

1 or 2 perms and 2 or 3 loans, what is realistically what we have space for won't cut it. 
  • edited June 2022

We have bought in 3 perms.  All free from L2.  TS has been clear on a couple of occasions he expected 4-5 perms and some loans so you are definitely correct that 1, max 2 more perms will come in.  My hope of Stockton, Cadden, Brannaghan, Reed and Camara completing our perm signings is looking doubtful tbh!
  • edited June 2022
    Quickly googles Alex Jaku......

Was he at Bristol Rovers with Garner? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    The key is both how good are the "ins" and how many can we get out. 

1 or 2 perms and 2 or 3 loans, what is realistically what we have space for won't cut it. 
    It feels that way, that the next permanent has got to be of real quality.  And what’s to say it won’t be.

We have to remember we have JFC and Fraser this season, we didn’t have them last season (Fraser’s handful of starts hardly counts) so they are like two big signings effectively.