Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    Stefco said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, I’m not one to start unsubstantiated rumours but .. I was down at David Lloyd’s Sidcup this afternoon and our Tracey was down there with a young man - and it wasn’t Carlo! He looked like he could be a footballer. I have no idea who it was but he was quite tall and had a beard. So, if we sign some this week who fits that description, You can thank me for the scoop …. 

That. Is. Him. 
    Our 3rd International... regular for Durkadurkastan I believe. Might struggle with work permit. We'll need to act fast.
  • edited June 2022
    Billy_Mix said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Morgan as 10 doesn’t mean much no way will he start for us with JFC and Fraser fit.  Every year he tricks me into thinking this is his year but not falling for it again, Morgan is a squad player for me, hope he proves me wrong of course.  
    Ah yes, the Fraser that will be a cross between Robert Lee and Claus Jensen this season. 
    That's made my morning, my whole week!!  ROFLMAO

I'm not sure this wheezy lightweight Ipswich discard even matches up to the fitness and guile of Robert Lee today and the grit determination and tackling enthusiasm of Claus Jensen.
    He looked good playing against us though !

How many time was that self same statement made last season, we had the uncanny knack of making a fair few teams look good when playing us..😎
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Squad numbers from the pics: 

1. Craig MacGillivray
    4. George Dobson
    5. Sam Lavelle
    6. Eoghan O'Connell
    7. Diallang Jaiyesimi
    8. Jake Forster-Caskey
    9. Jayden Stockley
    10. Albie Morgan
    11. Alex Gilbey
    13. Joe Wollacott
    18. Mandela Egbo
    21. Scott Fraser
    22. Chuks Aneke
    23. Corey Blackett-Taylor
    24. Ryan Inniss
    25. Josh Davison
    27. Deji Elerewe
    28. Sean Clare
    29. Charles Clayden
    32. Aaron Henry
    33. Miles Leaburn
    Charlie Kirk (was 20 last season I think)

Well, looks like Big Mac is still number 1, so first choice over Joe, which i think a lot on here thought otherwise...🤔
    Squad numbers mean very little these days 
    Especially when it’s a kickabout in the sun
    Mmmm, we shall see, sure Jayden wouldn't feel the same when he is given the 25 shirt when back home after his " kickabout in the sun"...😎
    Players usually keep their shirt numbers from the season before, mainly so people don't have to go out & buy a new shirt if they sponsor or like a certain player. Football shirts are c£50 so a lot if you have to keep changing it season  after season just because Stockleys gone from No9 to No 10.
  • Dazzler21 said:

1. Craig MacGillivray
    4. George Dobson
    5. Sam Lavelle
    6. Eoghan O'Connell
    7. Diallang Jaiyesimi
    8. Jake Forster-Caskey
    9. Jayden Stockley
    10. Albie Morgan
    11. Alex Gilbey
    13. Joe Wollacott
    18. Mandela Egbo
    21. Scott Fraser
    22. Chuks Aneke
    24. Ryan Inniss
    25. Josh Davison
    27. Deji Elerewe
    28. Sean Clare
    29. Charles Clayden
    32. Aaron Henry
    33. Miles Leaburn

Well, looks like Big Mac is still number 1, so first choice over Joe, which i think a lot on here thought otherwise...🤔
    Mmmm, we shall see, sure Jayden wouldn't feel the same when he is given the 25 shirt when back home after his " kickabout in the sun"...😎
    Players usually keep their shirt numbers from the season before, mainly so people don't have to go out & buy a new shirt if they sponsor or like a certain player. Football shirts are c£50 so a lot if you have to keep changing it season  after season just because Stockleys gone from No9 to No 10.
    That's not the reason, i'm not sure if you're on the wind up here.
  • cafc4life said:
    Kirk still training with the squad this morning 
    I really wouldn't go lumping any money on my predictions 🤣
  • Scoham said:
    Will probably end up in the championship at a West Brom or Stoke or somewhere like that 
  • Sponsored links:

• 33 years old, from Greater Manchester area, I'd imagine he'll join a championship team up that way
  • edited June 2022
    We might be lucky then if he is looking to move North. Ex. Charlton as well!
  • Scoham said:
    Destined for Wigan/Preston/Blackpool
  • PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

1. Craig MacGillivray
    4. George Dobson
    5. Sam Lavelle
    6. Eoghan O'Connell
    7. Diallang Jaiyesimi
    8. Jake Forster-Caskey
    9. Jayden Stockley
    10. Albie Morgan
    11. Alex Gilbey
    13. Joe Wollacott
    18. Mandela Egbo
    21. Scott Fraser
    22. Chuks Aneke
    24. Ryan Inniss
    25. Josh Davison
    27. Deji Elerewe
    28. Sean Clare
    29. Charles Clayden
    32. Aaron Henry
    33. Miles Leaburn

That's not the reason, i'm not sure if you're on the wind up here.
    it was certainly the reason given by the club a few years ago because it came up somewhere. 

Makes sense. Why would you given a new player joining in January the number 15 & then changing it in the summer to no 23. 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Morgan as 10 doesn’t mean much no way will he start for us with JFC and Fraser fit.  Every year he tricks me into thinking this is his year but not falling for it again, Morgan is a squad player for me, hope he proves me wrong of course.  
    Ah yes, the Fraser that will be a cross between Robert Lee and Claus Jensen this season. 
    That's made my morning, my whole week!!  ROFLMAO

I'm not sure this wheezy lightweight Ipswich discard even matches up to the fitness and guile of Robert Lee today and the grit determination and tackling enthusiasm of Claus Jensen.

TBF to any of the current squad it's totally unfair to compare League 1 players to Premier players in skill but there is no reason why the fitness shouldn't be the same with all the information and knowledge of Sports science now compared to 20 and 30 years ago. It's more tiring chasing the ball than having the possession but you have to create chances and control the tempo.

At some time we are going to have to stop taking the piss out of our current players ?
    Yep, I know it part of the craic but that is the baggage that Ben Garner is taking on. 

With Watson, Pearce and Gunter gone that's over a 100 years taken off the age of our squad so we will/should start with a younger squad and no one above 30 in the team. Are we at the crossroads, no more like the magic Roundabout.
  • Dale Stephen’s fits the Sheff Wed model - free transfer
  • Scoham said:
    Not a rumour but if we need a Watson/Arter replacement…
    I can't imagine any situation in which I'd want to see a like for like replacement for either 😰
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b8ce153a62b/gallery-the-first-day-in-spain

A 22-man squad has made the journey to southern Spain for a week of hard work and bonding with the following players in attendance:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Who were the two players that were supposed to be missing the trip ?
  • ross1 said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b8ce153a62b/gallery-the-first-day-in-spain

A 22-man squad has made the journey to southern Spain for a week of hard work and bonding with the following players in attendance:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Who were the two players that were supposed to be missing the trip ?
    Think that just turned out to be wrong to be honest. AMB is the only senior player to miss out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    I was never that won over by Dale S. He was obviously a classy player. I just never really got him 
    I always confused him with Danny Hollands. 
  • Stephens was the epitomy of "oh I forgot he was on the pitch" and then suddenly he'd crack a shot off from 25 yards to force the keeper into a great save or ping a beautiful defence splitting ball over the top for someone to run on to
  • Rothko said:
    If you didn’t get Dale Stephens, you don’t get football 
    Haha. Ok. 
    As I said; a talented player. I guess for me he drifted out of games quite a bit. But I wasn’t going every week at that time so perhaps I didn’t see enough. 
  • Stephens was inconsistent in his first season or so but improved and continued to do so after he left.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I hope this is Morgan's year, but I still feel he needs a season at the level below to become more comfortable with trusting himself on the ball and being able to punish others mistakes around him (and work on that finishing). 

Last chance saloon for sure, even if it is as a bit part player. 
    He never looked like wanting to play on the front foot which is what BG apparently sets as a priority. Probably lack of confidence but unless he can show BG a completely different style of play I can't see him getting a look in. On his debut he was pinging balls all over the park and got rave reviews, so you never know.