Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    That's what happens when you shave with a Bic.

Edit that's a comment on the Ronaldo photo.
  • Dizzle said:

Hmmmn …. 🤔
  • supaclive said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, I’m not one to start unsubstantiated rumours but .. I was down at David Lloyd’s Sidcup this afternoon and our Tracey was down there with a young man - and it wasn’t Carlo! He looked like he could be a footballer. I have no idea who it was but he was quite tall and had a beard. So, if we sign some this week who fits that description, You can thank me for the scoop …. 

Rumoured to be going to Gillingham.
    He will cost a fee, although if Gillingham offer him half decent money I doubt Swindon will stop him going as he was basically playing for free.
  • Scoham said:
    _MrDick said:
    Not Marquis .. The lad was a lot younger
    Must be in here somewhere

2021-22 Swindon Town Official Team Photo - News - Swindon Town
    Are we signing the whole of Swindon's squad?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

???
    Don't waste our time. No chance, fails the height test 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Dizzle said:

Hmmmn …. 🤔
    Jack Payne, who this is I believe, has a short hair now and is also 5ft 4.
  • No mention of my guess of Cole Stockton then? Silence speaking volumes maybe.....🤔
  • Rylo said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, I’m not one to start unsubstantiated rumours but .. I was down at David Lloyd’s Sidcup this afternoon and our Tracey was down there with a young man - and it wasn’t Carlo! He looked like he could be a footballer. I have no idea who it was but he was quite tall and had a beard. So, if we sign some this week who fits that description, You can thank me for the scoop …. 
    I heard that too…

Would ya?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Totally  unsubstantiated rumour i’m definitely not ITK myself but a friend who wishes to remain nameless reckons he is ITK despite every signing we have made so far this season has gone completely under the radar , the name i’ve been given is Jay Rich-Baghuelou an Australian left back formerly of Palace spent the end of last season and Accrington and has apparently been recommended by Ashley Maynard Brewer 
    Well he is tall and has a beard.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Totally  unsubstantiated rumour i’m definitely not ITK myself but a friend who wishes to remain nameless reckons he is ITK despite every signing we have made so far this season has gone completely under the radar , the name i’ve been given is Jay Rich-Baghuelou an Australian left back formerly of Palace spent the end of last season and Accrington and has apparently been recommended by Ashley Maynard Brewer 
    At 6 foot 5, I’m fairly certain he’s a CB and not a LB. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Well he is tall and has a beard.
    Yes. 6"5 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Certainly has a beard...

https://youtu.be/GvbUJghnPfQ
    Interesting so had been on trail with us previously as well.
  • Only joined Accrington in January, sounds like he's got a bit of everything.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2022/january/signing-jays-a-red/

"He's a lad who's desperate to do well and he ticks all the boxes for what we want. He's hungry, physical, quick, athletic and he can play, so hopefully we can set him on a path to greater things."

Jay, who is 6ft 5", said: "I first heard about the interest from Accrington last week after the game against Everton's U23s and I am over the moon to be here.

"I started off as a striker when I was in Australia and when I first came here and then I moved back to defender with Dulwich and have stayed there ever since.

"I like battling, I like aerial duels, I play on the front foot, I like stepping into the play, I am comfortable on the ball, I have scored a few goals and I hope I will be in the squad for tomorrow."

• Clickbait article. Not an actual rumour just saying Charlton 'should' sign him. Nothing stopping me writing an article tomorrow saying Charlton should look to sign Stockton. 
  • He is a bit of an Innis clone, but defiantly a left back 
  • Rylo said:
    _MrDick said:
    I heard that too…

Would ya?
    Voluptuous young lad tbf
  • Clickbait article. Not an actual rumour just saying Charlton 'should' sign him. Nothing stopping me writing an article tomorrow saying Charlton should look to sign Stockton. 
    It’s definitely a low quality article, though not sure it’s ‘clickbait’ as the article is exactly what the link says it’s about - which is someone giving their opinion on who Charlton should sign in a position that needs filling. 

I’m always interested to hear about potential players, so don’t really see anything wrong with it myself.
  • Rylo said:
    _MrDick said:
    I heard that too…

Yes I would..oh shit, wrong thread.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    He is a bit of an Innis clone, but defiantly a left back 
    Had a check. Listed as a centre-back everywhere really. Looks to have mostly played LCB for Accrington in a back 3 but did play LB a couple of times.