Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• MacGillivray to Wycombe?
    Enjoying a Sun lounger in Spain currently. Wonder if Garner will want to keep them both, especially with JoJo off to the WC. 
    Unless Ghana progress past the group stage, Wollacott is only potentially going to miss

Burton (a) on Nov 12,
    Port Vale (a) on Nov 19,
    FA Cup Rd 2 on Nov 26, 
    Cheltenham (h) on Dec 3 and
    Morecambe (a) on Dec 10.

I’m not sure two to four league games is going to be worth keeping CMG around for.

Portugal v Ghana on Nov 24
    South Korea v Ghana on Nov 28
    Ghana v Uruguay on Dec 2.
    Got a feeling you might be wrong on him missing the Burton game - Last round of Premier League fixtures are the weekend of 12/11 so cant see any International players going off anywhere until after then
  • MacGillivray to Wycombe?
    I saw that,  but they have since been linked with Nathan Bishop of Manchester United.
  • Garner may feel differently, but if want to play out from the back and are going to play a back 3, then, as long as they’re not completely terrified of the ball at their feet, then there’s room for a bit of an old fashioned stopper in the back line. Having one or two like that in the squad is needed because there are times in this league when you’re a bit out of form and have to go away, on some rainy night, and face a bit of an aerial bombardment, and you do need players who can combat that. We have Innis and Lavelle so I don’t know if we need Dunkey as well but if fit he’s a very decent player at this level. I wouldn’t say no on a free. 
  • edited June 2022
    Any update on Doris the tea lady at Swindon?

Unfortunately the Swindon Doris turned Cafc down because she couldn't urn enough at Sparrows lane.
    Heard she failed the medical. 

Doris the tea lady had RSI
    Repetitive Strainer injury. 
  • Macronate said:
    RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:
    matt88 said:
    matt88 said:
    Don’t know what to think about Dunkley. Was immense at Wigan and was always impressed when he played against us. Wednesday fans i know have labelled him a calamity though and are happy to be rid of him.
    He has a pretty good goal scoring record for a centre back - 1 every 10 games. I seem to remember he scored 2 in one game against us for wigan. 
    He does. Not sure he’d be the greatest fit into Garner’s playing out from the back style though. 

Good write up on him.. On a free? Yes please..
    Surely BG will want another ball playing CB though it clearly states he isnt that
    He’d be ideal as one of four CBs in the squad especially in a backs to wall away game or coming off the bench to see out a game imo.
    This is what I want to see when our defenders are coming off the bench to see out a game…

Not a foul, imo.

Wimbledon player dives.
    You can barely make any contact with players these days. Games gone. 
    Inniss was only showing passion.
  • edited June 2022
    RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:
    matt88 said:
    matt88 said:
    Don’t know what to think about Dunkley. Was immense at Wigan and was always impressed when he played against us. Wednesday fans i know have labelled him a calamity though and are happy to be rid of him.
    He has a pretty good goal scoring record for a centre back - 1 every 10 games. I seem to remember he scored 2 in one game against us for wigan. 
    He does. Not sure he’d be the greatest fit into Garner’s playing out from the back style though. 

Surely BG will want another ball playing CB though it clearly states he isnt that
    He’d be ideal as one of four CBs in the squad especially in a backs to wall away game or coming off the bench to see out a game imo.
    This is what I want to see when our defenders are coming off the bench to see out a game…

What's wrong with the world, when a little "cuddle" on a football pitch does not result in just a shake of the hand and jaunty nod of the head?
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven’t watched that Inniss challenge back for a while. All jokes aside - I forgot just how fucking embarrassing it was. Muscat does that and we are all gunning for him.

That tackle belonged to the Chelsea v Leeds replay; Watch it on YouTube youngsters !

Pleased no other Charlton players got involved as that would've been embarrassing. One thing having your mates back but.......
  • Scoham said:
    Macronate said:
    RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:
    matt88 said:
    matt88 said:

Not a foul, imo.

Wimbledon player dives.
    You can barely make any contact with players these days. Games gone. 
    Inniss was only showing passion.
    Bowyer would have been disgraced at the Wimbledon player for jumping out of the challenge, and dropped him next game.

Haven’t watched that Inniss challenge back for a while. All jokes aside - I forgot just how fucking embarrassing it was. Muscat does that and we are all gunning for him.
    I kinda thought that when I watched it and posted it again. I just have no idea what’s going through Inniss head. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Wycombe Wanderers goalkeeper Stockdale is moving to Sheffield Wendesday, they are looking at MacG as a replacement.      
    Where's this?
  • For those anxiously awaiting today's much delayed and instantly forgettable, 'THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS!' feature, I regret to inform you that due to problems with the suppliers, it's off and stinks anyway.

You're better off relying on 🫘🐶  as I was flapping around in the shallows yesterday when getting it so wrong about Kirk, who'll be more likely to be seen taking a ride on a donkey in Spain than one in Blackpool anytime soon, although eeyore most came good for me....

... brrr 🥶 it's getting decidedly chilly in here again for the time of year!
  • Haven’t watched that Inniss challenge back for a while. All jokes aside - I forgot just how fucking embarrassing it was. Muscat does that and we are all gunning for him.
    We were all gunning for him .  He’s incredibly lucky still to be here , as good as he is for about 8 games a season
  • Any update on Doris the tea lady at Swindon?

Unfortunately the Swindon Doris turned Cafc down because she couldn't urn enough at Sparrows lane.
    Heard she failed the medical. 
    Nah flunked the interview, Sue Parkes quizzed her relentlessly about vol et vents and finger buffets...waste of time!
    😴
  • wmcf123 said:
    Haven’t watched that Inniss challenge back for a while. All jokes aside - I forgot just how fucking embarrassing it was. Muscat does that and we are all gunning for him.
    We were all gunning for him .  He’s incredibly lucky still to be here , as good as he is for about 8 games a season

Presumably Garner knows him from being at Palace, did he previously coach him? 

No idea if another coach or Jackson would of kept him on, but he is a top player just wish we can get more games out of him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    I hear Arthur Negas has held Bristols. That’s not a rumour, just a bit of gossip. 
    More from Monty Python's Election Night Special sketch.
  • Dom Telford gone to Crawley so thats another "rumour" to scratch off the list!
  • Wouldn't get a work permit 
    Born in Chertsey to Scottish mother, Avril McCardle.
    Not speaking Spanish, I've no idea what that tweet means. I'm also ignorant of the rules on work permits, but assume you're correct.

In any case where it's a matter of having to overcome burdensome  beaureuacratic obstacles though, I'd expect TS to get his legal people to quickly expedite what was required at our end if the player was  identified as a key target.
  • Left field rumour of the summer. Real Oviedo right back Lucas Ahijado.
    Definitely one of the most random ones we will see. Leaving aside the EU bureaucracy, he's 27, born in Oviedo, never played for anyone except Oviedo and played the majority of their games last year. He is probably not going to leave his hometown club while he still has a chance to participate in getting them back to La Primera for the first time in over 20 years. Next!
  • Maybe we are going to kidnap him whilst we are out there.