Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Probably with Clayden discussing a loan move 😉
  • Lou Reed in the background

He’s pretty nifty isn’t he, able to text while practicing ball skills.
    Very good 👏🏻 
    Wow, I’m very good twice. Ta very much @Todds_right_hook;)
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    I also think DJ could be used more centrally, albeit that position is probably Fraser's initially
    The best thing DJ could be used for is driving Davison to Swindon and remaining there with him.
    Both crap.
    There bolloxed if he has to overtake someone!!😳
    Don’t quite get the hate on DJ. Think he is a decent player. What he isn’t though, and never was, is a wing back!

I’m hoping one of the ‘lessons learnt’ is that square pegs don’t fit in round holes.

Hope if he stays, that people give him a chance next season
    Don’t make me a hater!!!, my comment was tongue in cheek, we are aloud to have a laugh on here!!, he’s ok when he decides he wants to be, but doesn’t produce consistently enough.
    Please don’t shout.
    Wow you must have been bored!! Ffs!!, give me a detention. I assume you think I’m a bit thick now? 😂
    Just standing in for the grammar police, they must be on a break;)

and BTW, see me after class!
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Leuth said:
    I also think DJ could be used more centrally, albeit that position is probably Fraser's initially
    The best thing DJ could be used for is driving Davison to Swindon and remaining there with him.
    Both crap.
    There bolloxed if he has to overtake someone!!😳
    Don’t quite get the hate on DJ. Think he is a decent player. What he isn’t though, and never was, is a wing back!

I’m hoping one of the ‘lessons learnt’ is that square pegs don’t fit in round holes.

Hope if he stays, that people give him a chance next season
    Don’t make me a hater!!!, my comment was tongue in cheek, we are aloud to have a laugh on here!!, he’s ok when he decides he wants to be, but doesn’t produce consistently enough.
    Please don’t shout.
    Wow you must have been bored!! Ffs!!, give me a detention. I assume you think I’m a bit thick now? 😂
    Just standing in for the grammar police, they must be on a break;)

and BTW, see me after class!
    Will try to do better next time sir, if I’m Aloud/allowed.👍😂
  • Sage said:
    Midfielder who can put the ball in the back of the net is high on the agenda as well. Just because we haven't heard any names as yet, proven by the three transfers so far, doesn't mean we aren't working on it.

Sandgaard explicitly said during a Q&A before that one of the areas we will be looking at is goals from midfield.

Might not be a signing made soon, but it is something we will bring in.

I think 8 more will come in, including loans. At least 2 will leave.
    Who do you think will leave Sage?
  • Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    Charles Clayden should get a theatrical agent for all the double work he’s missing out on. 
    I don't think Robbie has ever been to Charlton Train Station. The coffee hut isn't in the same league.
  • edited June 2022
    matt88 said:
    Don’t know what to think about Dunkley. Was immense at Wigan and was always impressed when he played against us. Wednesday fans i know have labelled him a calamity though and are happy to be rid of him.
    He has a pretty good goal scoring record for a centre back - 1 every 10 games. I seem to remember he scored 2 in one game against us for wigan. 
    Your memory serves you well mate lost 2-0 at the DW September 2019 in the Championship. Here’s Bowyers take on it after the game:-

"That's the worst we've played since I've been in charge - certainly the first 45 minutes anyway. We were so bad, we couldn't put three passes together.

"We normally pride ourselves on our set-pieces, but their centre-half (Dunkley) scores a volley from inside the six-yard box, which shouldn't be possible.

"Then he has a free header from inside the six-yard box, which shouldn't be possible.

"Even after that we created enough chances to have got something from the game."

Oshilaja was supposed to be marking him but got brushed aside easily iirc.

• On the evidence so far it would be reasonable to suggest that Dunkley isn't signing for us.

Our three signings have all come in under the radar with little or no news before the day of the signing.

On that basis Dunkley isn't coming.

But three is a very small sample and all were all out of contract and at clubs with a low media profile.

Maybe later on in the summer when we're after more well known, high ranked (but not necessarily better) fish more news will leak.

But the club seems to want to keep its business quiet and the departure of some staff may be making that easier.
  • Who’s departed, Jokat and Nathan the groundsman?
  • News can leak from within but also from without.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any update on Doris the tea lady at Swindon?
  • News can leak from within but also from without.
    As shown with the Dunkley rumour coming from a Wednesday journalist
  • wtf Leuth... 
  • Any update on Doris the tea lady at Swindon?
    In Costa Coffee, Charlton researching the opposition.
  • Sponsored links:

• ozaddick said:
    wtf Leuth... 
    ‘In for Leuth, in for Leuth, Oz has got it in for Leuth!’ 😉
  • Leuth said:
    ozaddick said:
    wtf Leuth... 
    Just teaching some folks here to do some research on their rumour-mongerers
    Interesting technique mate! 😂
  • edited June 2022
    Any update on Doris the tea lady at Swindon?
    Pregnant - out for 9 months.
    It’s a miracle! 😲
  • Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Another one who was on my list from the out of contract players thread I started a while back. Would be very happy with Dunkley and we could expect to score a few goals from set-pieces too when he’s in the side.

Would suggest that a back 3 is on the cards too, Dunkley, Inniss, Lavelle, O’Connell all either prefer the back 3 or they have played in that formation before. Could mean Clare is also seen as a defender again or we go back to Naby’s agent to say let’s sit down and get this down realistically, and I think the defence would only be missing the left sided wing back. 
    Four is the minimum number of senior CBS we should have regardless of formation. Garner’s used a back three and a back four at Swindon so will be interesting to see what he initially starts with.

Which of them prefer a back three? Would mean one of them playing on the left unless we can also bring in Naby or another left footer.

I think someone said Ness is left footed and getting a new two year deal suggests he should be pushing for the first team. Along with Deji good to have a couple who could progress but without the expectations of being considered one of the four senior CBs.
    O’Connell definitely prefers a back 3, the centre of the 3 as well. Dunkley has played large amount of football in a 3 and have just looked and found he has played at left centre back when in a 3. Inniss could play there as seen against Norwich. Either way, would be interesting and would love Naby to come back. Think the defence would start to take shape very nicely and be strong in both boxes.
    Where is Lavelle in all of this ? 
  • No idea if we're after Dunkley but I'm not keen on his as a possible signing.

We've got s good in the air but not on the ball etc centre back with injury issues in Inniss, I don't want 2.