Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 
    And if you are spending £8-10 million a year you don't need a MBA to know that saving a grand here or there on an admin or entry level job isn't going to suddenly make you break even.
    I'll put my trust in the multi million dollar businessman vs yourself. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 
    And if you are spending £8-10 million a year you don't need a MBA to know that saving a grand here or there on an admin or entry level job isn't going to suddenly make you break even.
    Calm down mate, I was pointing out the tweet is a load of old bollocks.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Scoham said:

Looks a troll account. Been correct before?
    Plus ungood trolling
  • No rumours, so trolls are making rumours of rumours on Twitter. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    They’ve since today or tomorrow.
    ?
    Think he means "said"

Very vague but it's a rumour so I'll start.

This signing is proof that TS is/isn't skint.

We need a player in this position/a player in another position is more important and we should prioritise that position.

This means (insert current player's name) is leaving.

This signing means we're shopping at Lidl/Waitrose

Loaning a player from Palace is embarrassing/good use of Garner's network 

Don't know anything about him but the proof is in the pudding/the proof of the pudding is in the eating 
    👍Thanks.
  • mendonca said:
    No rumours, so trolls are making rumours of rumours on Twitter, Facebook, Charlton Life and any other platforms that will listen to them.  
    Fixed it for you.
  • All businesses are for sale all the time (well pretty much anyway). I'd be amazed if TS wasn't open to offers for Charlton. I've been buying and selling businesses for 30 years and the day after I've bought one, I'm thinking about how/when to sell ! 
    In the meantime though, Thomas will need to invest to to sustain and increase value and I'm sure he knows that. Whether he has enough financial resource and acumen to do that still remains to be seen. 
  • Scoham said:

As J block already said, we have spent money and a sizeable amount for league one.  

Maybe this Twitter account is rejecting the evidence of his eyes and ears..
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe he is fed up - he seems to have given up with his twitter page. Can't blame him for that though given the abuse he gets.
  • Winston Smith is stuck in room 101 with Rats on his face so don't expect a clear summary of events when stressed from Winston. So many posters on CL are stressed by being Charlton Athletic fans for decades and can't be discerning about our prospects going forward, or sideways, or backwards. 

A reset from 12 months ago with ambitions because a Journey of a thousands miles starts with one step.  What is important with the first step is you go in the right direction which is forward not reverse.
    This applies off the field and personally on the pitch not a fan of the ball that goes all the way back to our own keeper from an attack on the edge of the opposition's box. State of the game comes into it with game management but cock ups in defence has happened too much over the last few seasons with Bowyer, Adkins, and Jackson in Charge so I'm trying to work out why that will be different under Ben Garner as he talks about an attacking side which normally means you get hit in transition so we will need to be better than Swindon were in defence last season. 10th best in League 2 with goals conceded.

How long does it take to Change a philosophy? How long is a piece of string.

If that kick about against Kilmarnock for fitness is a guide, then Ben Garner's honeymoon will be over by HT at Accrington Stanley if we let a goal or 2 in by the interval.

The incoming players need to be strong characters as the grains of sand granules of confidence has emptied and we are at the crossroads; if this approach doesn't work we may have hit the dead end.

• J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

I think you’ve slightly misunderstood there! 

Got no issue with Sandgaard looking at staff and trimming down. This season has to be all about the playing staff, we need to go up. I’m not demanding he spends money but League 1 isn’t sustainable for him and I do think he’ll look to sell if we’re unsuccessful this year 
  • Feel we should be looking at Sam Smith ( Cambridge ) and Ryan Hardie ( Plymouth ) as that missing striker we need alongside Jayden and Chuks. 
     A decent loan signing would be Armstrong Okoflex from West Ham who they highly rate as well as defender Ajibola Alese 
  • Scoham said:

Karl Pilkington Bullshit GIF - Karl Pilkington Bullshit BS - Discover   Share GIFs
    More of a concern is people actually believe this rubbish 
  • Scoham said:

Karl Pilkington Bullshit GIF - Karl Pilkington Bullshit BS - Discover   Share GIFs
    I don’t think anyone on here said they believe it. He mentions a player potentially signing today so thought I’d share it.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

I don’t think anyone on here said they believe it. He mentions a player potentially signing today so thought I’d share it.
    To be fair, there are some on Twitter who actually believe it
  • Sponsored links:

• Have lost a considerable chunk of my ITK avenues / sources over the last year so don't think i'll be featuring much in this window on the ITKometer. However, a lot of these sources tend to come and go - i was probably never more connected with the first team going ons than in the early Curbs days and then when Chris Powell was in charge. What i've never claimed to know is what these players we're linked with or sign are actually like and ever since we signed Reeves (who was descirbed as an absolute baller / magician on here), i tend to ignore most opinions until i've seen them play. I'm reasonably optimistic about what i've seen so far this window but still a lot to be done with the squad to be serious about promotion i reckon. If we secure Cat 1 academy status this year, it will be a significant step forward for the club - probably more so than promotion even in the long run and will also be key to what happens after this season if we don't go up - personally, i think TS would then be serious about trying to recoup his money and may even get it if we get the CAT 1 or A or whatever it is. I think you add that to the reputation our academy already has, the location its in and thats bordering on a unique selling point. It doesn't surprise me at all that TS has invested so much into it.           
  • Uboat said:
    4 July so if we had an American owner we'd announce a signing today 
    🇺🇲
    It’s also the 215th anniversary of the birth of Giuseppe Garibaldi, so expect an swashbuckling attacker in a red shirt. 
    I like his biscuits 
  • Uboat said:
    4 July so if we had an American owner we'd announce a signing today 
    🇺🇲
    It’s also the 215th anniversary of the birth of Giuseppe Garibaldi, so expect an swashbuckling attacker in a red shirt. 
    More likely a pack of biscuits
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

I think you’ve slightly misunderstood there! 

Got no issue with Sandgaard looking at staff and trimming down. This season has to be all about the playing staff, we need to go up. I’m not demanding he spends money but League 1 isn’t sustainable for him and I do think he’ll look to sell if we’re unsuccessful this year 
    I don’t see it that way, why would he pump funds into the infrastructure if he was only hanging around for 3 years, his money men would’ve made provisions for us not being an instant success, also didn’t he secure a 15 year lease on the ground?  I wouldn’t listen to the 5 year plan line too much, that’s press talk to get us rallied and give the place a lift (season ticket boost).