Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Bumped into Thomas on Friday at The Valley.  He was waiting for a taxi to the Airport as he was flying home then flying coming back Tuesday so don't expect any signings until Wednesday 😉

Re: the U23s game at Deal yesterday.  Did any of the academy players offered deals back in May play? Or not as the case maybe.

Adigan? Anderson? Leaburn was in Spain but who else hadn't signed.
    Adigun, Toure, Reilly and Ladapo all played.  Leaburn is in Spain.  Anderson is already signed up professionally.  Not sure on the keeper or older two who were offered extensions (Williams one I think)
    Cheers, not on the OS but seems likely they have signed.

Even if still negotiating they certainly haven't signed elsewhere.

@scoham or anyone? Who were the academy players named on the OS as having been offered deals?
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/6286075ee9cf5/academy-update-retained-and-released-players

The club have offered contracts to Euan Williams and Nathan Harvey.

Jason Adigun, Tolu Ladapo, Miles Leaburn, Mack Reilly and Seydil Toure have all been offered new contracts with the club.
    So all appear at Deal (done Deal) or were in Spain.

Seems a good pointer that they have all signed.
    Does it? Or just that they're not at new clubs yet.

I hope you're right of course! 
    Which I said further up.

No, it's not proof that they have signed for us but indicates strongly they haven't signed elsewhere.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Bumped into Thomas on Friday at The Valley.  He was waiting for a taxi to the Airport as he was flying home then flying coming back Tuesday so don't expect any signings until Wednesday 😉

Re: the U23s game at Deal yesterday.  Did any of the academy players offered deals back in May play? Or not as the case maybe.

Adigun, Toure, Reilly and Ladapo all played.  Leaburn is in Spain.  Anderson is already signed up professionally.  Not sure on the keeper or older two who were offered extensions (Williams one I think)

@scoham or anyone? Who were the academy players named on the OS as having been offered deals?
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/6286075ee9cf5/academy-update-retained-and-released-players

Jason Adigun, Tolu Ladapo, Miles Leaburn, Mack Reilly and Seydil Toure have all been offered new contracts with the club.

Which I said further up.

No, it's not proof that they have signed for us but indicates strongly they haven't signed elsewhere.
    Encouraging sentiments Henry but lets wait until WIOTOS
  • Sensei said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:

Which I said further up.

Encouraging sentiments Henry but lets wait until WIOTOS
    I wish I'd said that
    You will Henry, you will!
  • This thread seems quite uneventful, a bit beige these days, I guess that’s a good thing.
  • This thread seems quite uneventful, a bit beige these days, I guess that’s a good thing.

Understatement of the year...😎
  • 4 July so if we had an American owner we'd announce a signing today 
    🇺🇲
  • Sponsored links:

• Once upon a time you often wouldn’t know we’d signed a player until you showed up at the first game of the season and saw the back of the programme.

Personally, I am all for this veil of secrecy around our transfer business. Charlton are at their best when they fly under the radar. 

Once upon a time you often wouldn’t know we’d signed a player until you showed up at the first game of the season and saw the back of the programme.

Personally, I am all for this veil of secrecy around our transfer business. Charlton are at their best when they fly under the 

🇺🇲

Or Independence from the EFL.

Ben Garner was in the Black Horse, Pembury, yesterday afternoon with a bald man with a fair beard. The guy with the beard twice went down despite a little mature lady only going shoulder to shoulder as she appeared to want an autograph. 
    My source tells me that it all ended amicably and Ben Garner managed the situation well. 
    There were hand shakes all round, and the new signing should be announced on Monday after training.

It's important we have cover, and Florence  will rotate with Doris to cover both the Mornings and afternoons at Sparrows lane as our players need extra sessions to hone their passing skills. Florence has bags of experience and has a top CV including the Tea rooms in Royal Tunbridge Wells where she served the late Queen Mother.

WIOTOS is a Shay Given but pleased this Serendipitous coming together may benefit our hungry players.

The wages are undisclosed, but it's believed that Florence will be on to a good little urner.
    Not quite sure how to read that, Kenneth?

🇺🇲
    Just the one though... Independently. 
  • Twitter rumour of a Prem loan coming in soon.

Status: Vague, looks like a wind up. Perhaps a guess in the hope of appearing ITK.

• edited July 2022
    They’ve since said today or tomorrow.
  • Scoham said:
    They’ve since today or tomorrow.
    ?
  • Once upon a time you often wouldn’t know we’d signed a player until you showed up at the first game of the season and saw the back of the programme.

Personally, I am all for this veil of secrecy around our transfer business. Charlton are at their best when they fly under the radar. 
    Hameur Bouazza was the last one I remember.
    hadnt seen the team sheet and he’d signed on loan from Fulham that morning apparently.
    I was thinking, who the hell is that!! Lol
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Scoham said:

Looks a troll account. Been correct before?
  • sound like a load of baloney to me...
  • Scoham said:

At 38, he's too old!
  • The reason we don't get the quality of rumours any more is most League 1 or League 2 players aren't recognisable even if they spilt their beer on you in Bexley village or were chatting up the same granny as you in the Millers.

We all knew what Holland, Bent and Murphy looked like before signing and staying at the Marriott hotel over night. The female receptionist gave me many a scoop back in the day. Blonde and busty but now back in Blackpool running a B+B and gives a lovely full English. 

Watching the highlight on Quest or Sky of League 1 and League 2 for 45 seconds doesn't help me instantly spot our recently acquired Journeyman signings when just in civies and Scarfy picture in front of the badge. Without the info I just wouldn't recognize.

This isn't a criticism of our signings per se as Gunter and Watson didn't improve our side with their vast experience. 

Rumours make the football world turn but the WOW factor is missing because of where we shop and our present status.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 
    From my bad memory, the salary of certain roles at our club have been on the low side for quite some time too, vaguely remember people commenting on here over the years about salary’s being low for non-playing departments. Don’t consider this a new aspect to the club since Sandgaard has taken over. 

As you mention, with facts - unlike these peculiar people posting on Twitter - there’s been considerable investment from Sandgaard on and off the pitch. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 

This is brilliant... reads like Mystic Meg has written it. Talk about fence-sitting! 

'Significant' change in strategy.
    'Aggressive' cost-cutting approach

All evidenced by 'closely-connected' people which leads him to the conclusion that 'players will join', but we shouldn't expect 'significant' funds to be spent. 

We're in fricking League One...

It's like Sherlock Holmes has been reborn. 
  • edited July 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

And if you are spending £8-10 million a year you don't need a MBA to know that saving a grand here or there on an admin or entry level job isn't going to suddenly make you break even.