Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Uboat said:
    4 July so if we had an American owner we'd announce a signing today 
    🇺🇲
    It’s also the 215th anniversary of the birth of Giuseppe Garibaldi, so expect an swashbuckling attacker in a red shirt. 
    Or a complete fruitcake, straight out of the biscuit barrel.
  • I’m just hoping that IF there is a Prem loan incoming in the next day or two that it isn’t Mason Burstow 
    Cant see it myself and certainly hope it isnt him either!

Hoping its a LB if im honest as thats the much needed signing.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Have lost a considerable chunk of my ITK avenues / sources over the last year so don't think i'll be featuring much in this window on the ITKometer. However, a lot of these sources tend to come and go - i was probably never more connected with the first team going ons than in the early Curbs days and then when Chris Powell was in charge. What i've never claimed to know is what these players we're linked with or sign are actually like and ever since we signed Reeves (who was descirbed as an absolute balder / magician on here), i tend to ignore most opinions until i've seen them play. I'm reasonably optimistic about what i've seen so far this window but still a lot to be done with the squad to be serious about promotion i reckon. If we secure Cat 1 academy status this year, it will be a significant step forward for the club - probably more so than promotion even in the long run and will also be key to what happens after this season if we don't go up - personally, i think TS would then be serious about trying to recoup his money and may even get it if we get the CAT 1 or A or whatever it is. I think you add that to the reputation our academy already has, the location its in and thats bordering on a unique selling point. It doesn't surprise me at all that TS has invested so much into it.           
    Correction (until his hair transplant operation)
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 
    And if you are spending £8-10 million a year you don't need a MBA to know that saving a grand here or there on an admin or entry level job isn't going to suddenly make you break even.
    I'll put my trust in the multi million dollar businessman vs yourself. 
    I think you’ve slightly misunderstood there! 

Got no issue with Sandgaard looking at staff and trimming down. This season has to be all about the playing staff, we need to go up. I’m not demanding he spends money but League 1 isn’t sustainable for him and I do think he’ll look to sell if we’re unsuccessful this year 
    I don’t see it that way, why would he pump funds into the infrastructure if he was only hanging around for 3 years, his money men would’ve made provisions for us not being an instant success, also didn’t he secure a 15 year lease on the ground?  I wouldn’t listen to the 5 year plan line too much, that’s press talk to get us rallied and give the place a lift (season ticket boost).
    Although i think TS is a good guy and is / was in this for the right reasons, i've no doubt that part of his strategy is also to increase the value of the business by getting Cat A. Who was his first appointment ? Roddy - cat A guru. Similar to buying some land, securing planning permission for a development and selling it on at a higher value.      
  • I’m just hoping that IF there is a Prem loan incoming in the next day or two that it isn’t Mason Burstow 
    if it is, we can turn the optimism button straight off - can't see there's any chance it will be mind you   
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 
    And if you are spending £8-10 million a year you don't need a MBA to know that saving a grand here or there on an admin or entry level job isn't going to suddenly make you break even.
    I'll put my trust in the multi million dollar businessman vs yourself. 
    I think you’ve slightly misunderstood there! 

Got no issue with Sandgaard looking at staff and trimming down. This season has to be all about the playing staff, we need to go up. I’m not demanding he spends money but League 1 isn’t sustainable for him and I do think he’ll look to sell if we’re unsuccessful this year 
    I don’t see it that way, why would he pump funds into the infrastructure if he was only hanging around for 3 years, his money men would’ve made provisions for us not being an instant success, also didn’t he secure a 15 year lease on the ground?  I wouldn’t listen to the 5 year plan line too much, that’s press talk to get us rallied and give the place a lift (season ticket boost).
    He hasn’t got the funds for us to be a League 1 for 5-7 years. His money men may have made provisions but his business was in a better place then. The infrastructure I agree, but you could also argue it makes it easier to sell. 

Of course, he’s not planning to be unsuccessful so makes sense to do things to improve anyway. 

Before anyone jumps on me, I’m not in the skint Sandgaard camp. I just don’t think he’s got enough money to continually lose funds in a third division side. That’s why he’s talking break even, impossible as that is. 
  • Sessegnon (not that one). Good loan that if we get it over the line 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    #cafc hopeful of concluding loan deal for Fulham full-back Steven Sessegnon. Attacked-minded and equally comfortable playing left or right side of defence.

From Cawley on twitter, another one completely under the radar and is a left back!!

Edit, I suspect it's cost us more than 20 odd k as well!
  • I genuinely don't see having Category 1 Academy as being a major benefit, when compared to being promoted AND established in the Championship

Even if we got Cat 1, Millwall at the moment would be worth far more to an investor as they're an established Championship club with a genuine chance of getting into the playoffs and reaching the pot of gold.
  • Wow... that'll do, I know its not Ryan... but dont think his Brother is that bad either
  • Wow... that'll do, I know its not Ryan... but dont think his Brother is that bad either
    Wasn’t he apart of the U17 World Cup winning squad with Gallagher, Foden etc. Decent pedigree but hasn’t kicked on 
  • I got really excited for a second then when I reed 22 year old left back Sessegnon, then reailised its not the same one, but still seems decent, I wonder what Plymouth fans made of him, didn't seem to get much game time there?
  • Seems to be predominately a Right Back but comfortable with both feet so can play left back too. Probably will brought in to compete with Egbo but also provide cover at left back I'm assuming.
  • Blimey that would be a very good loan signing. Couple of loans at Plymouth and Bristol.
  • edited July 2022
    Presumably Cawley knows a bit about him?

No idea how he did for Plymouth on loan, anyone?

Position-wise, makes sense, more depth at RB with him & Egbo given Matthews and Gunter thankfully both left, and also at LB if him & one other come in.
  • Could mean we only need one left back if Sessegnon can cover Egbo at RB and other left back. Cover for both full back positions in one go
  • Sounds a sensible signing in the sense that he can cover both Full-Back roles, whilst we also have Sean Clare to support the right-back slot as well - Would hope for an actual Left-Back still though who can challenge Sessegnon
  • Sponsored links:

• Born in May 2000, so annoyingly would count as part of the squad number cap
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    #cafc hopeful of concluding loan deal for Fulham full-back Steven Sessegnon. Attacked-minded and equally comfortable playing left or right side of defence.

From Cawley on twitter, another one completely under the radar and is a left back!!

That would be an absolute class signing at this level 
  • Seems to be predominately a Right Back but comfortable with both feet so can play left back too. Probably will brought in to compete with Egbo but also provide cover at left back I'm assuming.
    Cover at LB would be fine, though not ideal as I assume as an attacking threat he'd be less good going forward on the wrong side?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

That would be an absolute class signing at this level 
    Didn't seem to make much of an impression at Plymouth though, which is slightly concerning.
  • Scoham said:
    Seems he’s naturally a right back so mainly competition for Egbo.

With those two that’s much more like the profile of a full back I was hoping to see, young attacking players with pace.

Good to get a loan in early two rather than what could have been five all having to settle in around the same time.
    Who was it that suggested Egbo would play as a winger in a 433?

Really intrigued by how this is all going to fit together. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Seems he’s naturally a right back so mainly competition for Egbo.

With those two that’s much more like the profile of a full back I was hoping to see, young attacking players with pace.

Good to get a loan in early two rather than what could have been five all having to settle in around the same time.
    Who was it that suggested Egbo would play as a winger in a 433?

Really intrigued by how this is all going to fit together. 
    Plymouth OS suggested SS could also potentially play in midfield too.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/sessegnon-signs