Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    I don’t really like the concept of signing one player to cover two positions without another backup as as soon as you get one injury you’re reliant on not getting any more. We’ve seen that we’re cursed with our injury list so asking Sessegnon to cover both full back spots won’t work unless we sign both of them. Utility is good but you still need the right number of players to cover. Hopefully we’ll still be looking for a proper wide left back, as a narrow player won’t work with Charlie Kirk at all. Cover that provides a different option is interesting though. Seems like a good potential signing 
    Kirk won’t be here .  Otherwise I agree conceptually , although he may think that having 3 full backs plus Clare is enough 
    Won't he?
  • Scoham said:
    I don’t really like the concept of signing one player to cover two positions without another backup as as soon as you get one injury you’re reliant on not getting any more. We’ve seen that we’re cursed with our injury list so asking Sessegnon to cover both full back spots won’t work unless we sign both of them. Utility is good but you still need the right number of players to cover. Hopefully we’ll still be looking for a proper wide left back, as a narrow player won’t work with Charlie Kirk at all. Cover that provides a different option is interesting though. Seems like a good potential signing 
    Agree, I hope he’s here primarily as competition for Egbo and we’re aiming for at least two players per position (which there’s room for if we bring in a few u21 loans and have the standout academy players covering).

In some positions that means signing two players, not everyone is coming in has to be automatic first choice.
    It's a bit strange to use a loan (limited number), an over age player (limited number) and resources to bring in a player of that profile if he isn't going to play most games. 
  • Macronate said:
    Scoham said:
    Only got 7 games for Plymouth from Jan til the end of the season, which isn't that impressive
    Only missed eight games in total - Was primarily played in Midfield though, and used off the bench

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-sessegnon/leistungsdaten/spieler/406558/plus/0?saison=2021
    He fails the height test.  His twin at 178cm is 4 cms taller. 
    How can they be twins if they’re not the same height?

Looking at pictures of Steven and Ryan  they are fraternal twins not monozygotic twins from the same egg so it's like any other siblings there will be a slight difference in height, weight and visually.

Their family originally came from Benin and they have another brother who plays non-League.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Agree, I hope he’s here primarily as competition for Egbo and we’re aiming for at least two players per position (which there’s room for if we bring in a few u21 loans and have the standout academy players covering).

In some positions that means signing two players, not everyone is coming in has to be automatic first choice.
    It's a bit strange to use a loan (limited number), an over age player (limited number) and resources to bring in a player of that profile if he isn't going to play most games. 
    Maybe there’s a plan or maybe they’re still making basic errors?… :smile:
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Or our manager has a plan for using 15 or 16 players in a match so he can continue with the press effectively.
    If his new contract is just the 12 month extension maybe we have a mind to sign him next year?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

I feel quite confident there is a plan, just have no idea what it is.  Said many time I am really intreged how this is going to play out.  Last season against Wednesday, the starting 11 was predicable weeks before hand.

I wouldn't even like to second guess at the moment, we probably won't know at all until the Swansea game, maybe not even then. 
  • cafc4life said:
    John Marquis signs for Bristol Rovers. Must be the quickest we’ve ever signed then sold a player on in our history. 
    Cant wait for him to score against us next season ;)
  • Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Or our manager has a plan for using 15 or 16 players in a match so he can continue with the press effectively.
    If his new contract is just the 12 month extension maybe we have a mind to sign him next year?
    Would like to think so but it could be difficult, if he does well enough for us to want to sign him permanently he’ll likely have Championship interest. In that scenario if Fulham also get relegated they might want to keep him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fulham need to pull their finger out sharpish or they're nailed on for relegation again
  • Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Still think we’re a winger short 
    I’d like one too, though in Kanu (spent time playing out wide for the u18s) and Campbell we’ve got two great prospects and they can be eased into the first team by coming off the bench.
    Catching up days late but Kanu is 17 & a great prospect but JJ said he's nowhere near ready to play first team football.
  • Looks a good signing and can play 3/4 roles in the team by sounds of it.

It's about time we use loans wisely.
  • edited July 2022
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

The manager that gets the 16 man game right will be worth his weight in gold.

It completely changes the type of players you can utilise as well.  Although why you would regularly bring on a center half after 60 minutes is anyone's guess :p

It massively increases the value of players like Chuks and ones that don't have total faith in their own bodies. 
  • cafc4life said:
    John Marquis signs for Bristol Rovers. Must be the quickest we’ve ever signed then sold a player on in our history. 
    The thought of him and Barton together…I’ve been a little sick in my mouth
  • This idea that we have to pay transfer fees for players to be any good is ludicrous & shows how little some people know about the game 
    What game?
  • This idea that we have to pay transfer fees for players to be any good is ludicrous & shows how little some people know about the game 
    What game?
    The Rap Game.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Seemingly two right backs in the door where does this leave Clare, unless we really are playing 3 at the back again.
    Clare's not a right back and left Oxford cos he doesn't want to be one
    I don't know what he is. Jack of all trades master of none. Ok squad player at best imo. 
    Agreed although I think he's invaluable with a squad cap limit. But yeah we don't really want him starting too many 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhgry9MPaJ8
  • edited July 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Seemingly two right backs in the door where does this leave Clare, unless we really are playing 3 at the back again.
    I don't know what he is. Jack of all trades master of none. Ok squad player at best imo. 
    I'll take a UEFA Pro licenced coach's opinion above yours thanks.

(Don't let the fact I actually agree with you get in the way of a good sarcastic comment).
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    I'll take a UEFA Pro licenced coach's opinion above yours thanks.

(Don't let the fact I actually agree with you get in the way if a good sarcastic comment).
    Touche - I read the comment wrong earlier, apologies 
    What game?
    I think he means that book with all the tips on how to pick up birds n'stuff 
  • An Unrumour - Everybody happy that MARQUIS is not Washington's replacement?
  • mendonca said:
    An Unrumour - Everybody happy that MARQUIS is not Washington's replacement?
    No, not until we can also rule out Bostock, Lee and Burstow.

But yes.