Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Derby are signing Conor Hourihane that’s decent for our league.  
    Pissing money about again, good to see lessons have been learnt. 
    Definitely, he would of had a host of championship offers. 
  • edited July 2022
    Glad to see the transfer rumours chat staying on track...

Fair play but at least it broke the boredom of F all to talk about i suppose for a few minutes eh... B)
    Bloody good signing that. 
    Bloody good signing that. 
    Sadly, it is.

I thought they were still under spending restrictions with the EFL.  Maybe they’re putting all their eggs in one or two baskets and hoping the youngsters can get them out of this league. 
  • Why have Pompey dropped their interest in Payne. He’s a very good player at their current level. They’ve found better ? I doubt it. My guess is money. The big question is are we actually interested ourselves ? 
  • Why have Pompey dropped their interest in Payne. He’s a very good player at their current level. They’ve found better ? I doubt it. My guess is money. The big question is are we actually interested ourselves ? 
    Quite likely they already know that Payne is in advanced talks with another club.

Players are naturally always interested in the money ....... but there are times when club, status, style of football, family reasons , geographical ocation, etc can be just as important.

For instance, Lyle T*yl*r was one example when he chose Charlton rather than sign for Sunderland.
    Jack Payne? No idea.

• Who knows?  Were they ever really that interested or was that an agent talking?

Maybe Pompey won't pay the money requested.
  • Hourihane is a brilliant signing for league one
  • Dizzle said:
    Hourihane is a brilliant signing for league one
    A very expensive one, too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Ellis Simms,think he was at Blackpool,loaned to Millwall 
  • swordfish said:
    I personally think we were never in for Marquis. 
    Wonder where John Bostock will end up now... Wont be surprised if either were to find leaks in the club  - Be curious if someone was told about those two players, and whether they were one of the individuals who were told that their services were no longer required by the club of late.
    It is highly unlikely anyone based at The Valley knows anything about transfer gossip. They'd be as likely to know as someone working in the ASDA down the road.
    Well I've just spent a frustrating morning wheeling my trolley around ASDA interrogating their staff, but they all gave me bemused blank looks.

Not that I live anywhere near London, so perhaps no surprise there, but I did bag a couple of bargains and pocketed the difference 🤑 so it wasn't a complete waste of time. 
    Yes,  got some great deals on at the moment.
  • Simms is a great signing for Millwall. Quality player. Hate to say it but I could easily see them in the playoffs next season. Doing some good summer business.
  • Simms is a great signing for Millwall. Quality player. Hate to say it but I could easily see them in the playoffs next season. Doing some good summer business.
    Might stick a tenner on them just in case. Might ease the pain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see that he has actually signed for Millwall tbf, just linked with him along with Rangers.
  • What's happened to Sexy Bum?

Cawley and others banging on for a couple of days that he's signing but no show so far, why is it taking so long?
  • Gone a bit quiet on the transfer front hasnt it? Season starts three weeks Saturday and we are short in a number of areas. Have lessons been learned from last summer or not?
    So what you're saying is we still have 3 and a half weeks, nearly a calender month, to sign players before games mean anything?
  • sam3110 said:
    Gone a bit quiet on the transfer front hasnt it? Season starts three weeks Saturday and we are short in a number of areas. Have lessons been learned from last summer or not?
    So what you're saying is we still have 3 and a half weeks, nearly a calender month, to sign players before games mean anything?
    Whilst that is true we don't want to be in the position of making those signings on the Friday before the opening game as they wouldn't have had time to bond with the group. Plus if most are freebies they won't have done a proper pre season and won't be match fit until mid August at best. We paid the price last summer of making last minute, last ditch, not good enough signings and look how well that panned out. Get them in early, get the group tuned to what the manager requires, hit the ground running. Fed up with poxy League One, need to get out of it asap. Hopefully upwards.
  • Gone a bit quiet on the transfer front hasnt it? Season starts three weeks Saturday and we are short in a number of areas. Have lessons been learned from last summer or not?
    We're getting to the "five or six days without an announcement" phase again...

All of the previous signings have come out of nowhere with no real indication/leak/rumour beforehand. For all we know, there could be one coming this evening.
    Some smart person reset the panic clock last week

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4707961#Comment_4707961 

Cawley and others banging on for a couple of days that he's signing but no show so far, why is it taking so long?
    Thomas is coming back tomorrow with a new guitar specially.

Time goes slower when you regularly check this thread - Cawley said we were hopeful of concluding a loan for Sessegnon around 2pm yesterday, just over a day ago. The way Cawley said it suggested it wasn’t imminent.

The club announced McGrandles after 9pm so it’s not too late for a signing or two today.