Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• The Cawley rumour will be correct and it’s probally all been agreed but TS seems to have some strange thing about not announcing anything unless he is in the country. He flies back in tomorrow so expect it be announced then :)
  • Scoham said:
    What's happened to Sexy Bum?

Cawley and others banging on for a couple of days that he's signing but no show so far, why is it taking so long?
    Time goes slower when you regularly check this thread - Cawley said we were hopeful of concluding a loan for Sessegnon around 2pm yesterday, just over a day ago. The way Cawley said it suggested it wasn’t imminent.

The club announced McGrandles after 9pm so it’s not too late for a signing or two today.
    Yes but No but yes but I want it now, now now now, do you copy, over?
  • NabySarr said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Midfield I think we're looking pretty solid, but we need some more goals in the team 
    We need about 80 goals to have a crack at it, interesting point as I’ve never really considered it:

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Defensive midfielders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Thats 72, appreciate some are generous (Aneke/CBT/own goals) assuming we do sign another winger/forward he needs goals in him.
    Good way to break it down... if we compare it to 11/12 and 18/19...

11/12 we scored 82 goals.

44 came from FWs (BWP, Kermorgant, N'Guessan, Hayes, Haynes, Ephraim)
    33 came from MFs (Jackson, Hollands, Wagstaff, Stephens, Green, Russell)
    5 came from DFs (Morrison, Wiggins)

18/19 we scored 73 goals.

39 came from FWs (Taylor, Grant, Vetokele, Ajose)
    20 came from MFs (Aribo, Reeves, Fosu, Pratley, Marshall, Ward, Cullen)
    9 came from DFs (Bielik, Pearce, Sarr, Dijksteel, Solly)
    5 own goals
    Interesting, Midfield a bigger input than I imagined, Fraser did bag 14 not so long ago I said on another thread out season could depend on him finding form.  
    9 of them were pens though, not sure how many pens Jackson scored. 
    That’s good as we do need someone to score penalties. We scored a ridiculous amount of them in the 18/19 promotion but since Taylor left we haven’t had a really good penalty taker or many players good enough to win penalties 
    Not sure about the taker (has Fraser been a penalty taker before?), but I would back CBT to win a fair few if he's played as a forward. That kind of speed attacking the box will be a lot to deal with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Yes I thought so when NLN posted it, but didn't want Varney supporters digging me out.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Yes I thought so when NLN posted it, but didn't want Varney supporters digging me out.
    You dissing Varney, how very dare you🙀😾;)
  • thenewbie said:
    NabySarr said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Midfield I think we're looking pretty solid, but we need some more goals in the team 
    We need about 80 goals to have a crack at it, interesting point as I’ve never really considered it:

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Thats 72, appreciate some are generous (Aneke/CBT/own goals) assuming we do sign another winger/forward he needs goals in him.
    Good way to break it down... if we compare it to 11/12 and 18/19...

11/12 we scored 82 goals.

44 came from FWs (BWP, Kermorgant, N'Guessan, Hayes, Haynes, Ephraim)
    33 came from MFs (Jackson, Hollands, Wagstaff, Stephens, Green, Russell)
    5 came from DFs (Morrison, Wiggins)

18/19 we scored 73 goals.

39 came from FWs (Taylor, Grant, Vetokele, Ajose)
    20 came from MFs (Aribo, Reeves, Fosu, Pratley, Marshall, Ward, Cullen)
    9 came from DFs (Bielik, Pearce, Sarr, Dijksteel, Solly)
    5 own goals
    Interesting, Midfield a bigger input than I imagined, Fraser did bag 14 not so long ago I said on another thread out season could depend on him finding form.  
    9 of them were pens though, not sure how many pens Jackson scored. 
    That’s good as we do need someone to score penalties. We scored a ridiculous amount of them in the 18/19 promotion but since Taylor left we haven’t had a really good penalty taker or many players good enough to win penalties 
    Not sure about the taker (has Fraser been a penalty taker before?), but I would back CBT to win a fair few if he's played as a forward. That kind of speed attacking the box will be a lot to deal with.
    Scoring 9 in a season for MK dons suggests he has.
  • edited July 2022
    Just an observation but am I the only one that thinks Cawley has some kind of agreement with the club? The last couple of announcements he’s waited for the club to confirm first. 
  • edited July 2022

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Same sort of figures were bandied about last season & after the strikers the next best was 3 goals.......and that was Purrington. So unless there is a big change in either personnel or tactics I dont see the midfield chipping in with 24 goals !
  • Midfield I think we're looking pretty solid, but we need some more goals in the team 

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Same airt if figures were bandied about last season & after the strikers the next best was 3 goals.......and that was Purrington. So unless there is a big change in either personnel or tactics I dont see the midfield chipping in with 24 goals !
    Weird then that we’ve got a new manager with a whole different ethos and playing style to the previous one, and so far we have brought in 5 new players - and there’s still 3.5 weeks to go before the first game of the season!

• edited July 2022
    Justafan said:
    I see Steven Sessegnon coming out of sparrows last night about 5, I say I see him what I saw was a guy who you would say resembled a footballer in a nice motor coming out of sparrows who was for sure not one of our players. But as my son has better eyes and better knowledge of players confirmed it was him👍 
    👏👏👏👍

(Only 59 comments since 2015, so good time to make a reappearance here. Somebody give that man a promote. Finally, a rumour that came from one of our own!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Midfield I think we're looking pretty solid, but we need some more goals in the team 

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Same sort of figures were bandied about last season & after the strikers the next best was 3 goals.......and that was Purrington. So unless there is a big change in either personnel or tactics I dont see the midfield chipping in with 24 goals !
    Swindon had the highest number of shots in League 2 last season I believe so I'd have to say that sounds just a bit like a big change in tactics...

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Same airt if figures were bandied about last season & after the strikers the next best was 3 goals.......and that was Purrington. So unless there is a big change in either personnel or tactics I dont see the midfield chipping in with 24 goals !
    Weird then that we’ve got a new manager with a whole different ethos and playing style to the previous one, and so far we have brought in 5 new players - and there’s still 3.5 weeks to go before the first game of the season!

I'm aware if that but it needs a BIG change in tactics & also so far none of the new players are attacking ones. 

But I have faith in Garner. Less so the players. 
  • Rumours but not one signing in 6 days. Even Crawley isn't getting it right with CAFC..
    Not a signing in 15 mins. Sandgaard out

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

I'm aware if that but it needs a BIG change in tactics & also so far none of the new players are attacking ones. 

But I have faith in Garner. Less so the players. 
    Fair enough, though I would argue that Egbo and O’Connell (O’Connell in particular) are ‘attacking’ in as much as you couldn’t play Garner’s style without someone to move the ball out from the back and start the attacks. 

So it won’t just be their jobs to defend. 

Stockley 20
    Aneke 15
    Fraser 7
    Kirk 7
    CBT 5
    JFC 5
    Defenders combined 5
    Own goals 3

Fraser, JFC, Kirk, McGrandles all playing this season that weren’t last season, surely 4 new midfielders counts as big change in personnel?  
    Agree but apart from Fraser I'm not sure I can see the others chipping in many goals between them.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m hearing rumours that this bloke might suddenly become available. 

Robbie Savage has let himself go!
    Yeah let go of Wales too