Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cadden going to Barnsley according to Nixon.
  • edited July 2022
    CafcSCP said:
    I personally think we were never in for Marquis. 
    Wonder where John Bostock will end up now... Wont be surprised if either were to find leaks in the club  - Be curious if someone was told about those two players, and whether they were one of the individuals who were told that their services were no longer required by the club of late.
    It is highly unlikely anyone based at The Valley knows anything about transfer gossip. They’d be as likely to know as someone working in the ASDA down the road.
    What do you make of the guy suggesting that Sandgaard is about to sell?
    he’s converted 12M of loans from an end date of 2024 to payable on demand.
     I don’t know anything about him being “about to sell”, just that rumours he would like to do so have continued to swirl around. Personally I don’t think he has anything much TO sell. The business can’t afford to repay the loans as it stands. The only scenario would be from windfall transfer profits. Any incoming owner would factor the loan position in before buying.
     And the types of people that would be willing buy under those circumstances would no doubt be of the character that we've seen before in our recent history.

It could well be the final nail in the coffin.
  • No chance I’m relying on an account that calls him Cannon Thomas 
  • this is typical of TS and his ilk, we used to have a great rumours thread with ITK's chipping in with information plus our local reporters giving us heads up on likely signings.
    Now we have nothing, just official signings on the OS, it's just not good enough the ITKs are in limbo,. the reporters are almost redundant,  come on TS sort it out and get your son to do something useful and give us some leaks.
    Rumours usually come from players and agents, giving info to friendly journos etc
  • Scoham said:
    Wouldn’t rely on this account at all but they’re claiming Payne is close and also saying we’re after Thomas Cannon from Everton, a young striker. That’s one signing that would fire us to promotion.
    Don’t listen to that account, Louis Reed was apparently at the valley the other week. Just a Charlton fan on a wind up. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    Wouldn’t rely on this account at all but they’re claiming Payne is close and also saying we’re after Thomas Cannon from Everton, a young striker. That’s one signing that would fire us to promotion.
    Don’t listen to that account, Louis Reed was apparently at the valley the other week. Just a Charlton fan on a wind up. 
    Taking a walk on the wild side…
  • Scoham said:
    Would be an amazing signing but I’d be shocked if he ended up in league 1 even though his Bournemouth move didn’t work out. I reckon he will go to Blackpool to work with Appleton again
  • NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    Would be an amazing signing but I’d be shocked if he ended up in league 1 even though his Bournemouth move didn’t work out. I reckon he will go to Blackpool to work with Appleton again
    Would make sense geographically as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    CafcSCP said:
    I personally think we were never in for Marquis. 
    Wonder where John Bostock will end up now... Wont be surprised if either were to find leaks in the club  - Be curious if someone was told about those two players, and whether they were one of the individuals who were told that their services were no longer required by the club of late.
    It is highly unlikely anyone based at The Valley knows anything about transfer gossip. They’d be as likely to know as someone working in the ASDA down the road.
    What do you make of the guy suggesting that Sandgaard is about to sell?
    he’s converted 12M of loans from an end date of 2024 to payable on demand.
     I don’t know anything about him being “about to sell”, just that rumours he would like to do so have continued to swirl around. Personally I don’t think he has anything much TO sell. The business can’t afford to repay the loans as it stands. The only scenario would be from windfall transfer profits. Any incoming owner would factor the loan position in before buying.

This is exactly right.  Sandgaard owns our liabilities and commitments.

He may choose to cut and run at some point, but he'll have to transfer the consequence of his business dealings to any potential new owner.
    IMO He's not the sort of man to cut and run just because things haven't progressed as quickly as he'd hoped or because a bunch of twitter loons don't appreciate him.

I agree financial considerations must come into play if he finds himself/Zynex to be in a less stable position since his acquisition of us, but I think it's his division of time between here and the States that places him and his family under greater strain. 

Now that he has a good understanding of the demands of the job, running Charlton that is, he'll conclude that he needs more help, much as he doesn't seem to want it. If by putting some distance between himself and the sharp end,  by relying on a CEO for instance, that then comprises his direct involvement in his hobby, then he might think again.

Not a transfer rumour I hear you say. Er no, THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS sweet FA, so with my abysmal record, watch this space for incoming(s) today.  
  • edited July 2022
    The only way to make money out of Charlton is to get us to the Premier League. That is the time to sell. 
  • We left the Premiershit at the wrong time. After we left the money got better almost immediately. 
    Become a close shop now for most of the clubs, who have locked up there spaces. Twice in last three season has the lowest points total for 19th place been beaten. Was 30 points for a while, then Fulham got 26 points and Watford 22 points last season. Can’t imagine any scenario when Nigels go down next season when clubs keep performing so badly. 
  • I'd say the top 10 of

Man City
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    West Ham
    Everton
    Newcastle
    Leicester

Are all almost nailed on to stay in the Prem for the foreseeable.

Then, these 5 shouldn't really go down based on recent successes, unless they manage to fuck up a season. 

Southampton
    Crystal Palace
    Aston Villa
    Leeds
    Wolves

And the other 5 will be made up of these group mostly, who yo yo between the championship and PL, with the occasional surprise like Forest coming up.

Brighton
    Brentford
    Watford
    Burnley
    Norwich
    Fulham
    Bournemouth 
    Nottingham Forest
    West Brom
    Sheffield United 

• Just caught up on Marquis going to Bristol Rovers is a done deal.

Genuinely happy this morning that he's not coming to us - he got a lot of (rightful!) stick when he came on for Lincoln in that dog of a game at The Valley back in April and is absolutely past his best. If the rumour that Garner said no to him is true, then I'm pleased. We've had more than enough journeyman footballers that have felt like they are stealing a living at this club, so very glad we're not getting this one.

That said, he'll probably do us in the 92nd minute in one of the games this season. Still, we made him cry.
  • th0rryy said:
    Just caught up on Marquis going to Bristol Rovers is a done deal.

Genuinely happy this morning that he's not coming to us - he got a lot of (rightful!) stick when he came on for Lincoln in that dog of a game at The Valley back in April and is absolutely past his best. If the rumour that Garner said no to him is true, then I'm pleased. We've had more than enough journeyman footballers that have felt like they are stealing a living at this club, so very glad we're not getting this one.

That said, he'll probably do us in the 92nd minute in one of the games this season. Still, we made him cry.
    Well done to Ben Garner if true . Let's hope he turns down John Bostock and Elliott Lee as well. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I'd say the top 10 of

Man City
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    West Ham
    Everton
    Newcastle
    Leicester

Are all almost nailed on to stay in the Prem for the foreseeable.

Then, these 5 shouldn't really go down based on recent successes, unless they manage to fuck up a season. 

Southampton
    Crystal Palace
    Aston Villa
    Leeds
    Wolves

And the other 5 will be made up of these group mostly, who yo yo between the championship and PL, with the occasional surprise like Forest coming up.

Brighton
    Brentford
    Watford
    Burnley
    Norwich
    Fulham
    Bournemouth 
    Nottingham Forest
    West Brom
    Sheffield United 

On the yo-yo group I think that’s not entirely true, there is still very much the romance of the championship, Huddersfield came so close and Luton even made a stab of it, Forest nucleus was made up of loans and youngsters too.  I think there’s only 3 yo-yo clubs and that is Fulham, Norwich and Watford.  
  • Any team in that "shouldn't really go down" group can go down. Just takes one dodgy season. Leeds were very fortunate not to go down this year, Southampton have been fortunate in recent years. Villa really aren't established enough yet to make them feel comfortable.
    Ditto Everton will eventually run out of luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any team in that "shouldn't really go down" group can go down. Just takes one dodgy season. Leeds were very fortunate not to go down this year, Southampton have been fortunate in recent years. Villa really aren't established enough yet to make them feel comfortable.
    Never been outside top flight. I think they’re big enough to avoid the trap door to be honest. 
    Never been outside top flight. I think they’re big enough to avoid the trap door to be honest. 
    They have, twice. 1929/30 and 1950/51 I think. They have the second longest unbroken run in the top flight after arsenal 
  • Yes, they went down in 1951 and came back up in 1954. 
    Everton do indeed have the second longest unbroken run in the top flight after Arsenal, but in total they have spent more years there than any other club.
  • edited July 2022
    Think they were names mentioned very early this summer.

But neither Hartigan nor Guiness-Walker will be retained by AFC Wimbledon this coming season.

Both have refused new deals

I would honestly be surprised now if we werent looking for better though
  • Derby are signing Conor Hourihane that’s decent for our league.  
  • Cowley didn't want him because he's from League Two