Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    He works in football.....

Currently analyst for Gills
  • edited July 2022
    supaclive said:
    Reliable or someone passing on rumour they've read as their own? The link to Harry Smith below from was posted by another Twitter account recently but searching Google I can't find anything about him.

• I personally think we were never in for Marquis. 
    Wonder where John Bostock will end up now... Wont be surprised if either were to find leaks in the club  - Be curious if someone was told about those two players, and whether they were one of the individuals who were told that their services were no longer required by the club of late.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Very very impressed by our recruitment strategy so far, worlds away from last season. 

Almost as if lessons have been learnt .. 
    bloody heretic 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    supaclive said:
    Reliable or someone passing on rumour they've read as their own? The link to Harry Smith below from was posted by another Twitter account recently but searching Google I can't find anything about him.

That Harry Smith rumour has croped up a couple of times today, but didn't he leave Mansfield last summer for Orient?
  • seth plum said:
    Cawley was right about Garner, what he says deserves respect.
    Agree, I’m just waiting for Raelynn to deny it to confirm it’s correct.
  • Valley11 said:
    Funny how this one has leaked. Maybe Cawley’s Fulham links? 
    This one involves another club. The others were free agents. Will always be more rumours and gossip when you are dealing with another club.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Seemingly two right backs in the door where does this leave Clare, unless we really are playing 3 at the back again.
    Clare's not a right back and left Oxford cos he doesn't want to be one
    I don't know what he is. Jack of all trades master of none. Ok squad player at best imo. 
    I'll take a UEFA Pro licenced coach's opinion above yours thanks.

(Don't let the fact I actually agree with you get in the way if a good sarcastic comment).
    Touche - I read the comment wrong earlier, apologies 
    Happens to all of us, apology accepted 
  • edited July 2022
    I personally think we were never in for Marquis. 
    Wonder where John Bostock will end up now... Wont be surprised if either were to find leaks in the club  - Be curious if someone was told about those two players, and whether they were one of the individuals who were told that their services were no longer required by the club of late.
    I doubt its as machiavellian as that.  I think there may have been an ounce of truth in both of them.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bostock trains with us if he doesn't get a club soon.  Wouldn't have surprised me if Marquis was someone we were looking at as a back up for Stockley, if Jackson had stayed.

Some people don't know the difference between interested and done deal, others copy, others 2+2=5.
  • RedRobin said:
    Not a rumour but Joe Powell is a free agent this summer, attacking midfielder that plays for Burton Albion. 23, ex West Ham youngster, he is best mates with Dobbo! Must be on the list. Would command a comp fee but a player with good sell on value. 

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

This would be a fantastic move if we could make it happen, was very very impressive at Lincoln on loan. Didn't work for him at Bournemouth last season but someone with a lot of potential. 
  • Morgan Rogers is under 21, which definitely counts in his favour with the squad cap...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:

This would be a fantastic move if we could make it happen, was very very impressive at Lincoln on loan. Didn't work for him at Bournemouth last season but someone with a lot of potential. 
    Exactly what I was going to say. Would have potential to be the signing of our summer. Him on one side, CBT on the other, Fraser feeding them both, that’s a lot of quality.
  • Joe Powell. Yes please.

Morgan Rogers. Yes please.

Will these actually happen? Probably not, given the way our business has been conducted so far this summer.

Be on the look out for my next cryptic image clue…
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Money has been spent not only on fees such as Fraser the most recent, but on decent contracts for Conor McGrandles (who has at least one offer from a championship club, fact) but also Eoghan O'Connell. That's before we talk about the training group investment. 
    And if you are spending £8-10 million a year you don't need a MBA to know that saving a grand here or there on an admin or entry level job isn't going to suddenly make you break even.
    I'll put my trust in the multi million dollar businessman vs yourself. 

Roland is a rich businessman and he was financially tragic for the club. 

The club has a lot of making up to do after years of neglect, we all have to put our trust in the owner but still allowed to question. 
    It is highly unlikely anyone based at The Valley knows anything about transfer gossip. They’d be as likely to know as someone working in the ASDA down the road.
    It is highly unlikely anyone based at The Valley knows anything about transfer gossip. They’d be as likely to know as someone working in the ASDA down the road.
    What do you make of the guy suggesting that Sandgaard is about to sell?
    he’s converted 12M of loans from an end date of 2024 to payable on demand.
  • edited July 2022
    CafcSCP said:
     I don’t know anything about him being “about to sell”, just that rumours he would like to do so have continued to swirl around. Personally I don’t think he has anything much TO sell. The business can’t afford to repay the loans as it stands. The only scenario would be from windfall transfer profits. Any incoming owner would factor the loan position in before buying.
  • CafcSCP said:
     I don’t know anything about him being “about to sell”, just that rumours he would like to do so have continued to swirl around. Personally I don’t think he has anything much TO sell. The business can’t afford to repay the loans as it stands. The only scenario would be from windfall transfer profits. Any incoming owner would factor the loan position in before buying.

This is exactly right.  Sandgaard owns our liabilities and commitments.

He may choose to cut and run at some point, but he'll have to transfer the consequence of his business dealings to any potential new owner.