Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    chev said:
    Played 25 times last seasan 18 goals 5 assists
    At U23 level though. But he did rip up PL2, League Player of the Season.

Made 2 Prem appearances for Palarse, last season - including starting v Man Utd.
    Capped 5 times last year for England U20.

Chelsea reject. Only been at Palarse since 2019. :smiley:

All well and good but no one knows how he’d fair playing a full season in league one. If we want promotion I’d prefer someone with more experience in actual league football.
  • edited July 2022
    Its the risk of signing any kids from a Premier League team on loan.

Not all of them are going to be as bad as your Matt Smith's or Nile John's, whilst others wont be good as the likes of Conor Gallagher or Brennan Johnson - Very few of these kids will have Premier League appearances to their names already, so going by any stats of what they've already achieved is pretty pointless.

Clubs have shown outside the Premier League (Huddersfield | Shrewsbury | Lincoln etc.) that if you can use the loan system correctly, there is no reason why it shouldnt work... Unfortunately there is no tried and tested formula to it though.

No different to giving our own kids First Team experience either.

Until you throw the kid in, you'll never know how they're going to cope against senior / experienced players - The alternative though can be the Ben Watson's and Chris Gunter's getting endless opportunities, because Managers are too scared to take the gamble.
  • Anyone able to tell me how many league games this kid from the stripeys has played and how many goals he has scored?

And anyone able to explain what a cheat code is?
    More than Conor Gallagher had when he joined on loan!
    If we never gamble on young loanees we’ll never find another Gallagher or Bielik. One had never been on loan and the other played a few games for Walsall.

For me it’s worth the risk if it’s only one or two players but I get why when it comes to goal scorers someone more proven is a better option on paper.
  • Scoham said:
    Anyone able to tell me how many league games this kid from the stripeys has played and how many goals he has scored?

If we never gamble on young loanees we’ll never find another Gallagher or Bielik. One had never been on loan and the other played a few games for Walsall.

For me it’s worth the risk if it’s only one or two players but I get why when it comes to goal scorers someone more proven is a better option on paper.
    Are they ? How many of the ones that have been mentioned as serious targets perhaps have fired their current teams to promotion ? Get the right premiership youngster and there is more value in that I think personally 
  • Oggy Red said:
    And so I found a Youtube clip of Rak-Saki, 8 minutes worth of his U23 performances last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZt-zvu4S7A&t=521s&ab_channel=PBcomps

The lad has got some composure, bag of tricks twisting and turning, quick feet, acceleration and change of pace. It's in tight spaces that he does the damage - faced with packed defences; he's a tin-opener.

Wow.

Sign him up!!
  • AndyG said:
    Scoham said:
    Anyone able to tell me how many league games this kid from the stripeys has played and how many goals he has scored?

Are they ? How many of the ones that have been mentioned as serious targets perhaps have fired their current teams to promotion ? Get the right premiership youngster and there is more value in that I think personally 
    Are they what? I think we're saying the same thing, find the right Prem loanees and you can get a top player for a season that can make a huge difference to your team.
  • I feel sick!
  • With the relationship Gallen has with Freedman, Garners background I can see this one having legs if we are in for him, especially as franchise have dropped out. This might be the one Garner alluded to the other night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    We have been in for Rak-sakyi for at least the last few weeks, he nearly signed before the Sutton game but two Championship clubs came in for him. Not sure if we will get him but we stand the best chance out of the league one clubs that are interested.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I would guess it comes down to having a very good chance of regular football here or taking your chances in the Champ but potentially being a squad player.

What about the big question - have you heard if we're also after an out and out striker?
  • Ipswich have spent 900k on left back Leif Davis from Leeds.
  • Hard to accept but Charlton should definitely be cultivating a relationship with Palace with a view to loans. They bring through a lot of good young players and we are close enough to be ideal for many of their loans. Easy for the loanee and easy for palace to keep good tabs. 
    Fuck palarse 
  • edited July 2022
    An example of a cheat mode is a way of making Godzilla indestructable when he is fighting other monsters in Godzilla Destroy all monsters melee.
    Another example of a cheat mode is that rumour that you could get Lara Croft topless in Tomb Raider which I definitely didn’t try.
  • I do think that 2-3 really good loans is brilliant in this league and can give you the real edge. Think Sessignon looks a great acquisition and the young palace kid would fit the mould too.

But I hope we don’t have more than 3 as I’m bored of having half our team made up of other teams players.
  • An example of a cheat mode is a way of making Godzilla indestructable when he is fighting other monsters in Godzilla Destroy all monsters melee.
    Another example of a cheat mode is that rumour that you could get Lara Croft topless in Tomb Raider which I definitely didn’t try.
    Come off it. We all tried it but didn't succeed because it didn't work.
  • Scoham said:
    We have been in for Rak-sakyi for at least the last few weeks, he nearly signed before the Sutton game but two Championship clubs came in for him. Not sure if we will get him but we stand the best chance out of the league one clubs that are interested.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I would guess it comes down to having a very good chance of regular football here or taking your chances in the Champ but potentially being a squad player.

What about the big question - have you heard if we're also after an out and out striker?
    Haven’t heard anything on a striker but I do think we will get one. We are definitely also looking at a left sided defender, one from spurs was mooted a few days ago.
    Charlie Sayers?
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    I do think that 2-3 really good loans is brilliant in this league and can give you the real edge. Think Sessignon looks a great acquisition and the young palace kid would fit the mould too.

But I hope we don’t have more than 3 as I’m bored of having half our team made up of other teams players.
    It is risky to have too many as well. With Rak-Sakyi (if we get him) and sessegnon I could definitely see them being recalled in January and loaned to the championship if they do well for us. Same thing happened to Garner with Swindon they had a few recalled and without that disruption I think they would probably have made the top 3 
  • Scoham said:

Haven’t heard anything on a striker but I do think we will get one. We are definitely also looking at a left sided defender, one from spurs was mooted a few days ago.
    Charlie Sayers?
    https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-21/players/charlie-sayers/

https://www.footballinsider247.com/expert-charlie-sayers-will-make-it-as-a-tottenham-star-after-what-ive-seen/
  • Scoham said:

Charlie Sayers?
    https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-21/players/charlie-sayers/

https://www.footballinsider247.com/expert-charlie-sayers-will-make-it-as-a-tottenham-star-after-what-ive-seen/
    Only 18 though. Is he ready to be clogged in League One?

• Tekken 2 had cheat code called "big head mode". Didnt do much except make the characters' heads slightly bigger than usual #aneke
  • What would Stockley’s cheat code be…ability to carry two people on Brighton beach perhaps 😉
  • Showing my age but the Spectrum's cheat codes were called Pokes. You needed a Poke to correct a bug that made it impossible to complete Jet Set Willy! 
  • Showing my age but the Spectrum's cheat codes were called Pokes. You needed a Poke to correct a bug that made it impossible to complete Jet Set Willy! 
    Was that something to do with the ‘mile high club’?