Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I must admit I’m a little bemused why the Palace kid Rak-Sakyi isn’t getting a loan to a Championship club rather than league One. His recent stats and CV seem to point towards him being quite a player. That’s of course if there is any truth to the rumour to us. I’m suspecting not. 
    For a first loan, they'll want him to be playing regularly. Send him to the Championship and the risk is he won't get the game time
  • Anyone able to tell me how many league games this kid from the stripeys has played and how many goals he has scored?

And anyone able to explain what a cheat code is?
    I have an idea that most (if not all), of the people using the phrase don’t have a clue either. 🤔
    It’s a way of cheating in a computer game, you get a code in some form that you enter that enables you to complete the game much more easily: unlimited lives, unlimited ammunition, unable to be killed-that sort of thing.
  • Ben garner previously worked at palace with the current palace chairman who rated garner highly. So wouldn’t be surprised if we jumped the queue ahead of other clubs in terms of signing Rak-Sakyi. 
    There is also that Gallen / Freedman link which has proved extremely useless so far

• Ben garner previously worked at palace with the current palace chairman who rated garner highly. So wouldn’t be surprised if we jumped the queue ahead of other clubs in terms of signing Rak-Sakyi. 

Good point and with it being a 16 player game now he would get plenty of Minutes especially at home where Cafc will struggle to break teams down if the opposition play a deep counter attacking game. Still seems unlikely but we hope as we are really short of players with the X factor.
  • edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Ipswich have spent 900k on left back Leif Davis from Leeds.
    Think it was said elsewhere on this thread earlier but i just dont understand how these clubs, in the same league as us and of a similar size can seemingly just go out and spend the way they do? Are they not subject to the same spending caps as us then? Find it all very strange.
    I thought the rules were based on club income, whether that be through receipts or loans. If that is the case, we had the 4th largest attendance average last season, Sunderland promoted, thereafter Wednesday and Ipswich. In Weds case and an average £15 per ticket, I think their income would be c£1.75m greater than ours, delivering about a £1m more in squad fund allowance should they choose to spend that much. 

May have interpreted the basic rules incorrectly but in general the much larger average attendances for Weds and Ipswich contributes to their competitiveness. Add to that the three that have come down (particularly based on new Derby investors) and suspect we will have the 6th-8th highest wage and transfer fee bill combined.
    Someone said on a different page that it also has to do with how the club is funded. In our case Sandgaard is loaning us money. Therefore as a debt it’s included in the restriction.
    I think that’s unlikely as it would make a nonsense of the rules, which afaik are based on turnover. Loans are debt, which is what the rules are intended to avoid. 

Ipswich’s turnover in L1 in the last ordinary season available -19/20 - was £10.6m whereas Charlton’s is typically about £7.5m.

Applying a simple 60% threshold they would be able to spend circa £6.5m on players but Charlton could only spend about £4.5m.
    Owners can donate money and therefore invest as much as they like.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Turnover definition 

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover: 

• Match-day Income 
    • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship) 
    • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts.  In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending.

Thanks. That’s what I said, I think. I’m not aware that TS is putting in any money which isn’t a loan (even though he’s not likely to get it back) and therefore it wouldn’t count.
    I was thinking more about Ipswich potentially doing that to give themselves a larger budget.
    Yes, good point. I haven’t read their accounts but that may well be the case. I was really addressing the idea that TS loans allowed us to spend more on wages under the rules.

I think the larger issue has been Charlton underperforming the likes of Oxford, MK Dons and even Accrington.
    I was thinking/hoping the same as you.

Good point and with it being a 16 player game now he would get plenty of Minutes especially at home where Cafc will struggle to break teams down if the opposition play a deep counter attacking game. Still seems unlikely but we hope as we are really short of players with the X factor.
    Yes, I've got a dread that it will be the same as under Robinson.
    All sideways and backwards, slow moving, keeping possession, allowing the opposition to get everyone behind the ball and us being clueless as how to break them down.

All sideways and backwards, slow moving, keeping possession, allowing the opposition to get everyone behind the ball and us being clueless as how to break them down.
    Exactly how I see it.
    Hopefully we will both be pleasantly surprised. 
  • I must admit I’m a little bemused why the Palace kid Rak-Sakyi isn’t getting a loan to a Championship club rather than league One. His recent stats and CV seem to point towards him being quite a player. That’s of course if there is any truth to the rumour to us. I’m suspecting not. 
    For a first loan, they'll want him to be playing regularly. Send him to the Championship and the risk is he won't get the game time
    Agreed. If we've told them that our left side is CBT and Kirk competing and our right side is Rak-Sakyi first choice and DJ as backup in a squad supposed to be playing good football where a winger is set up in a spot where he'll be expecting to get lots of chances then I reckon Palace would be pretty pleased with that. We don't know what other Championship clubs are interested but it could be he's wanted there as a backup where they want someone putting in crosses or playing deeper than Paalce would like when they're trying to develop the winger/striker side of his game.
  • Anyone able to tell me how many league games this kid from the stripeys has played and how many goals he has scored?

I have an idea that most (if not all), of the people using the phrase don’t have a clue either. 🤔
    It’s a way of cheating in a computer game, you get a code in some form that you enter that enables you to complete the game much more easily: unlimited lives, unlimited ammunition, unable to be killed-that sort of thing.
    Ok Eugene, thanks for that.
    However, how does that correlate to some of the obscure examples I am reading on here…..I’m sure it’s being used incorrectly, also I am not really understanding how I would include it in my own vocabulary……not that I’m particularly interested in doing so.
    It’s a strange one as far as I’m concerned. 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

However, how does that correlate to some of the obscure examples I am reading on here…..I’m sure it’s being used incorrectly, also I am not really understanding how I would include it in my own vocabulary……not that I’m particularly interested in doing so.
    It's a metaphor, is what it is  ;)
  • Scoham said:
    Ben garner previously worked at palace with the current palace chairman who rated garner highly. So wouldn’t be surprised if we jumped the queue ahead of other clubs in terms of signing Rak-Sakyi. 

That’s my concern along with giving away soft goals from passing out of the back.

Robinson’s team was too reliant on the likes of Holmes, Fosu and Mavididi coming up with a wonder goal.

At least Stockley and Aneke should be better than Magennis and Ajose, and that’ll improve if we add another striker.

What gives me hope is the way Swindon had the most shots and scored the most goals, Garner even kept Williams fit and scoring a few goals. In McKirdy he had a regular goal threat from out wide, hopefully the type of player we’re looking to bring in as well as a striker.
    An interesting point is that McKirdy had never been that before.  Like I have said before who mentioned him as a possible signing when he left Port Vale?

So far, apart from the first half against Kilmarnock most of our shape has been quite symmetrical.  That doesn't mean it has to stay like that.

If you swapped Miles and CBT round, for example you could have SS providing the width of the left, with Clare tucking in and making it more of a 352 in possession.  Which hopefully we have a lot of.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Ben garner previously worked at palace with the current palace chairman who rated garner highly. So wouldn’t be surprised if we jumped the queue ahead of other clubs in terms of signing Rak-Sakyi. 

That’s my concern along with giving away soft goals from passing out of the back.

Robinson’s team was too reliant on the likes of Holmes, Fosu and Mavididi coming up with a wonder goal.

At least Stockley and Aneke should be better than Magennis and Ajose, and that’ll improve if we add another striker.

What gives me hope is the way Swindon had the most shots and scored the most goals, Garner even kept Williams fit and scoring a few goals. In McKirdy he had a regular goal threat from out wide, hopefully the type of player we’re looking to bring in as well as a striker.
    An interesting point is that McKirdy had never been that before.  Like I have said before who mentioned him as a possible signing when he left Port Vale?

So far, apart from the first half against Kilmarnock most of our shape has been quite symmetrical.  That doesn't mean it has to stay like that.

If you swapped Miles and CBT round, for example you could have SS providing the width of the left, with Clare tucking in and making it more of a 352 in possession.  Which hopefully we have a lot of.
    Not sure. SS is going to provide the width as he seems keen to cut inside all the time.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

It comes back to what I’ve said before that it’s not only about signing midfielders and attackers who score goals - we need to turn others into goalscorers. We did it with Jackson and Bailey, we need a few of this squad to do the same.

Most of our attacks against Swansea came down the left, against weaker opposition that’s where we might see Leaburn benefit by getting on the end of chances. The McKirdy wide poacher role I would guess is what Garner sees for him. It’s clear that while he has a bit of pace he’s not a winger.
  • @Scoham I always value your opinion but Leaburn should be nowhere near our first team yet.

We'll have to make the most of an improving squad but it remains way off what will be needed to compete for 46 games.

You know how a lot of people now constantly use the word ‘literally’ in sentences? Well the term ‘cheat code’ has literally been taken out of context and it has been attempted to give it a new context, in this case the context is of a player being so good at a given level. 
    It’s a sort of parallel meaning you could say I suppose given there are football computer games too.

• edited July 2022
  • supaclive said:
    @Scoham I always value your opinion but Leaburn should be nowhere near our first team yet.

We'll have to make the most of an improving squad but it remains way off what will be needed to compete for 46 games.
    Not trying to be pedantic, but as much as we need to perform over the 46 games, teams tend to plan in blocks of games throughout a season, it’s usually a case of being in contention around Christmas then hopefully use the Christmas window accordingly. Hopefully we get a good start and build momentum to then build upon.
    I wonder if he is the player Garner mentioned he'd been working on trying to sign for a few weeks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just before we get too carried away, how tall is this young Riki Saki fella ?
  • edited July 2022
    Just before we get too carried away, how tall is this young Riki Saki fella ?
    5ft 7in... So only slightly taller than Jack Payne who is 5ft 4in
  • supaclive said:
    This lad feels he's at the top end of a Premier loanee.  Didn't Gallacher win Chelsea youth player of the year before we loaned him?
    He's Palace so that fucks me off but if he ends up mustard, imagine those stripey twats crying if he got us promoted!

Hate to breaks the news to you but living where I do, Palace fans don't give a flying fuck about Cafc, we are not in their orbit anymore. Most don't even know what division we are in ! 

This 7 Chips on each shoulder is getting boring but hopefully we have a good relationship with Steve Parish and Ryan Inniss spent 10 years there so he may know the 19 year old.

Rak-Sayki will probably go to a championship side on loan as Baby Zaha will be in demand. 
    There's still plenty that do. Personally it sickens me that we're so far behind them we're having to use their youngsters for loans, but if it helps us get out of this pit of a division I can deal with it.

Like others, I didn’t know what it meant until I googled it this morning.
  • Would Rak have the X-Factor?