Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Pompey putting together a tidy squad.
    Not sure they’re any better than us. Perhaps looks a bit more exciting because two are strikers but no doubt we’ll improve our attacking options with one, hopefully two signings.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Could equally be Forster-Caskey on the move... Rich doesnt mention an incoming
    Not sure it would be that as club have just posted a photo of him preparing for the weekend. 
    If a bid came in it's clear that JFC will be on the move, but it's clear we need more players, the Manager wants 2 more and Rich sounds like he's telling us there will be. 
    It's not clear.  It will have to be somewhere he wants to go.  

It's unlikely he will go in the next few weeks.
    Sounds like you know him. Will he be that fussy to get regular game time after his 2nd ACL?
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Pompey putting together a tidy squad.
    Tidy yes, but it really looks dull.
    If we've signed Ekin Su, ours looks tidier
    Not sure how jealous I am of Pompey signing Michael Morrison 11 years after we did to be honest
    I'd wager not very
    Not sure how jealous I am of Pompey signing Michael Morrison 11 years after we did to be honest
    And pigott who we released!

• Random Twitter post, guessing it’ll be the palace kid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not particularly bothered by Piggot or Morrison going to Pompey tbh.
    We’ve got enough CB’ and Piggot isn’t any better than Stockley. We need someone with pace up front now.
  • RedRobin said:

Random Twitter post, guessing it’ll be the palace kid. 
    Someone replied asking Rak Sakyi and he liked it.
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

I usually take Twitter rumours with a pinch of salt, but it appears Kieron Salmons is a sales manager at "Allen Signs" so I think this one has legs.
    Also has 3,290 followers so not a Mickey Mouse, 25 follower account!
  • CafcWest said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

I usually take Twitter rumours with a pinch of salt, but it appears Kieron Salmons is a sales manager at "Allen Signs" so I think this one has legs.
    Indeed, but where has ‘heard’ there is going to be a signing tomorrow.

It’s not any secret that we could potentially be in for Rak-Sakyi, so if he’s just been reading about it on the internet and has put two and two together - well I could have done that. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Not particularly bothered by Piggot or Morrison going to Pompey tbh.
    We’ve got enough CB’ and Piggot isn’t any better than Stockley. We need someone with pace up front now.
    Like Colbey Bishop ?
  • So in the are you looking forward to next season thread Golfie said he’s not ‘because we are not building a team’

Yet he praises Portsmouth for getting a 31 year old Marlon Pack and a 34 year old Michael Morrison on frees, alongside 21 year old keeper from Spurs who does not even have a Wikipedia page. Never mind Joe Piggot on loan who is the same age as and has scored less goals then Stockley - a striker he constantly argues is not good enough to get enough goals for us.

In my opinion their only decent signings are Colby Bishop and the other goalkeeper they have on loan. Not really sure Raffety or that other Arsenal right back who managed 3 games on loan at MMV Maastricht in 2020 are really going to be game changers for them. 

I fancy Piggott & Bishop will get more goals than Stockley & Aneke.
  • RedRobin said:

Job group chat message board with the owner. Or a Lincoln player 
  • Sponsored links:

• So in the are you looking forward to next season thread Golfie said he’s not ‘because we are not building a team’

Yet he praises Portsmouth for getting a 31 year old Marlon Pack and a 34 year old Michael Morrison on frees, alongside 21 year old keeper from Spurs who does not even have a Wikipedia page. Never mind Joe Piggot on loan who is the same age as and has scored less goals then Stockley - a striker he constantly argues is not good enough to get enough goals for us.

In my opinion their only decent signings are Colby Bishop and the other goalkeeper they have on loan. Not really sure Raffety or that other Arsenal right back who managed 3 games on loan at MMV Maastricht in 2020 are really going to be game changers for them. 

As a combination I think they will too but because Aneke will miss the bulk of the season as usual.
  • edited July 2022
    So in the are you looking forward to next season thread Golfie said he’s not ‘because we are not building a team’

How did that work out last season?

edit, not a fair comparison though as Portsmouth  are likely to start with them both up top and we will start with one or the other.

I bet stockley and anekes goals per min ratio is less than the Portsmouth two

edit, not a fair comparison though as Portsmouth  are likely to start with them both up top and we will start with one or the other.

But mins per goal means fuck all if Aneke can only play 25% of the time. He might have a better "striking rate" but if he is only on the pitch once in a blue moon then his 90 mins per goal may get him 10 goals. Piggott & Bishop might strike at 120 mins per goal but if they play more mins they score more goals. 

I would much rather have a fully fit Aneke over Piggott but we all know Aneke can't play match after match & hence why Piggott will score more goals. 

• CafcWest said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

If you scratch the surface you will clock that the vast majority of those followers are delighted "Allen Signs" clients.

But mins per goal means fuck all if Aneke can only play 25% of the time. He might have a better "striking rate" but if he is only on the pitch once in a blue moon then his 90 mins per goal may get him 10 goals. Piggott & Bishop might strike at 120 mins per goal but if they play more mins they score more goals. 

I would much rather have a fully fit Aneke over Piggott but we all know Aneke can't play match after match & hence why Piggott will score more goals. 

We're going to be playing with one striker and Stockley for 60mins + Aneke for 30mins scores more goals per 90 than all but a few players in this league.

We should be creating more chances this year and many of those will fall to our midfielders now instead of Washington so their contribution will naturally go up across the board.
  • CafcWest said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

Fabrizio Romano better watch out!
  • CafcWest said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

Fabrizio Romano better watch out!
    Here we go!!
  • Kieron Salmons probably read it on this site. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    So in the are you looking forward to next season thread Golfie said he’s not ‘because we are not building a team’

We're going to be playing with one striker and Stockley for 60mins + Aneke for 30mins scores more goals per 90 than all but a few players in this league.

We should be creating more chances this year and many of those will fall to our midfielders now instead of Washington so their contribution will naturally go up across the board.
    Is this midfield the same one that score just 10 goals between them last season. I appreciated we've added Payne but CBT, DJ, Gilbey, Morgan, Fraser, Kirk & Dobson all played for us last season & they just got into double figures 

Again I appreciate we have a new coach but the above players will have to severely up their  game if you think they will suddenly make up the difference that will be needed.