Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Everything's pointing towards Rak-Sakyi, isn't it?

Yes he's currently with Palace but only joined them in 2019 after leaving Chelsea so a bit easier to get on board. :-)
  • edited July 2022
    Everything's pointing towards Rak-Sakyi, isn't it?
    Feels like it, but remember that day we thought Reed and Johnson were signing? Turned out to be Egbo and Wollacott I think?

This week would seem to be the week when players like him sign, they’ve had preseason with their clubs and waited to see what offers come in. If they were always going on loan then perhaps no need to wait any longer.
  • Given they were at Chelsea at the same time, could Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn know each other / played with each other / be mates?
  • Could equally be Forster-Caskey on the move... Rich doesnt mention an incoming
  • Scoham said:
    Could equally be Forster-Caskey on the move... Rich doesnt mention an incoming
    It was in response to a tweet about us signing players.
    Though part of me feels someone will leave for us to bring one in. 
  • Could equally be Forster-Caskey on the move... Rich doesnt mention an incoming
    Not sure it would be that as club have just posted a photo of him preparing for the weekend. 
  • Scoham said:
    That will be the case 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Not sure it would be that as club have just posted a photo of him preparing for the weekend. 
    If a bid came in it's clear that JFC will be on the move, but it's clear we need more players, the Manager wants 2 more and Rich sounds like he's telling us there will be. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    That will be the case 
    Garner said not necessarily in the article on Monday.

I would guess it depends who we’re trying to bring in first. A Palace u23 might be cheaper than another player we’re after and therefore not have to wait for someone like JFC to move on.

“Not necessarily before,” added Garner when asked if that meant there would need to be some outgoings before more players will arrive at The Valley.
  • mendonca said:
    ButtleJR said:
    If a bid came in it's clear that JFC will be on the move, but it's clear we need more players, the Manager wants 2 more and Rich sounds like he's telling us there will be. 
    It's not clear.  It will have to be somewhere he wants to go.  

It's unlikely he will go in the next few weeks.
  • There is actually People crying about the fact we are helping develop a palace player, some people honestly need to grow up and get a grip 
    I've got summit in my eye!
  • Scoham said:
    Great defender but not sure how well he’d suit our new style. Pompey play 3 at the back I think so slotting him in the middle will get the best out of him as I doubt he’s the quickest nowadays. If Jackson had stayed I would imagine we would have got Morrison as Pearce’s replacement for the same role 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pompey putting together a tidy squad.
  • When
    It's 
    On
    The
    Official
    Site
  • There is actually People crying about the fact we are helping develop a palace player, some people honestly need to grow up and get a grip 
    Will they still be saying that if he helps us to promotion?
  • In my mind I keep reading that we've signed Ekin Su from Palace
    That would be a good signing imo.

A bit erratic in the early part of her career but has since settled into her role as a calm, efficient performer. Seems to possess a good sense of humour too.

Not sure we’d be able prise her away from her current surroundings though as she’s only just signed an exclusive deal following Italian interest,

Fingers crossed.
  • Ben garner previously worked at palace with the current palace chairman who rated garner highly. So wouldn’t be surprised if we jumped the queue ahead of other clubs in terms of signing Rak-Sakyi. 

Good point and with it being a 16 player game now he would get plenty of Minutes especially at home where Cafc will struggle to break teams down if the opposition play a deep counter attacking game. Still seems unlikely but we hope as we are really short of players with the X factor.
    Yes, I've got a dread that it will be the same as under Robinson.
    All sideways and backwards, slow moving, keeping possession, allowing the opposition to get everyone behind the ball and us being clueless as how to break them down.
    Exactly how I see it.
    Hopefully we will both be pleasantly surprised. 
    Well there seems to be a few of us worried about this.