Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Michael?
  • thenewbie said:
    But we're not playing the same way as they did last season so it's not impossible that we will see more goals coming from midfield. Garner's system generally seems to favour more players scoring fewer goals each rather than one "main" goal scorer backed up by a few others chipping in.

Personally I actually agree with the concern that as it stands we won't score enough for promotion (and certainly not automatic) but I do think we'll see more goals from midfield and wingers than we did last season. And I hope/believe that Garner's fully aware of the issue but finding the solution on a budget won't be quick or simple.
    So you are expecting shot shy midfielders (Gilbey, DJ & Kirk) as well as shit shot ones (Morgan) to suddenly turn into Kinsella,  Stuart & Holmes.

Dream on.  
    No. If you read properly instead of going for a cheap shot you'd notice I specifically said I don't think we'll score enough. I am expecting MORE goals than last season but unless we find a proper goal scorer I don't think we'll be going anywhere.
  • Plaaayer said:
    Michael?
    Eddie
  • Plaaayer said:
    Michael?
    Eddie
    River
  • thenewbie said:
    But we're not playing the same way as they did last season so it's not impossible that we will see more goals coming from midfield. Garner's system generally seems to favour more players scoring fewer goals each rather than one "main" goal scorer backed up by a few others chipping in.

Personally I actually agree with the concern that as it stands we won't score enough for promotion (and certainly not automatic) but I do think we'll see more goals from midfield and wingers than we did last season. And I hope/believe that Garner's fully aware of the issue but finding the solution on a budget won't be quick or simple.
    So you are expecting shot shy midfielders (Gilbey, DJ & Kirk) as well as shit shot ones (Morgan) to suddenly turn into Kinsella,  Stuart & Holmes.

Dream on.  
    Williams was more shot shy than all of them and he scored 5 league goals under Garner last season. I’m not expecting big improvements but I think we’ll see some given we’ve changed manager, coaches, players, formation and tactics.

Not taking shots is one element, another is being in a team that creates good quality chances. Jackson’s team weren’t great at the latter, they were an average L1 side heavily focussed on getting goals from the front two over anyone else.
  • Plaaayer said:
    Michael?
    Eddie
    River

Katie Price.
  • thenewbie said:

Dream on.  
    I don’t expect them to play enough to matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bless his emojis.
  • Scoham said:
    Assuming he has some form of link to the player so I’ll take it as face value. Be good to get one more in 
  • Not sure if its been mentioned but young defender from millwall Alex Mitchell is set to go out on loan. was at Orient last season and played pretty well apparently. 
  • Not sure if its been mentioned but young defender from millwall Alex Mitchell is set to go out on loan. was at Orient last season and played pretty well apparently. 
    His Brother is better ;)
  • Mitchell’s brother is in our academy. 
  • Gonna stick my neck out and say no ITK uses emojis.  Happy for egg to plant firmly on my face of course.  
    His Brother is better ;)
    Phil or Grant?
  • RedRobin said:
    Mitchell’s brother is in our academy. 
    Isn’t it Billy Mitchell of Millwall that has a brother in the accademy?
  • Gonna stick my neck out and say no ITK uses emojis.  Happy for egg to plant firmly on my face of course.  
    I sincerely hope that’s not the egg plant emoji 😬
  • AndyG said:
    Unfortunately Palace are light years ahead of us. We can moan all we like about that but it's a fact. If it helps us get promoted then bring as many of their players that we can to help us achieve that. 
    Light years sort of…until you contemplate what they laughingly call a stadium and how much they would have to spend to make it even as good as Dartford’s.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Gonna stick my neck out and say no ITK uses emojis.  Happy for egg to plant firmly on my face of course.  
    But the comms team use emojis all the time and they're the most ITK out of everyone...
  • Swisdom said:
    A quote about Rak-Sakhi from a mate of mine who is the u18s manager at Palace.

”Jes needs a challenge and I think he will be very good” 

I think he found u23 football to easy so needs competitive action now.  One of those rare players that hasn’t yet met a ceiling he can’t smash through.  Hope he comes and isn’t the next Sulley Kaikai
    I am struggling  to think of any Palarse players that have brightened my life when arriving at Charlton . Not one  John Humphrey or Flanagan or John Sewell going to them. Players from there seem inadequate or injured. 
    There is always a first time .
    Chris Powell?
  • Swisdom said:

I think he found u23 football to easy so needs competitive action now.  One of those rare players that hasn’t yet met a ceiling he can’t smash through.  Hope he comes and isn’t the next Sulley Kaikai
    I am struggling  to think of any Palarse players that have brightened my life when arriving at Charlton . Not one  John Humphrey or Flanagan or John Sewell going to them. Players from there seem inadequate or injured. 
    Chris Powell?
  • Echo Echo Echo
  • Swisdom said:

Chris Powell?
    Wiggins and Hreidasson too
  • Swisdom said:

David Whyte, Paul Mortimer.

We sold Flanagan to Palace and bought him back for 50 grand from QPR
  • Hreidarsson, Salako, Bright, Svenson.
  • edited July 2022
    Hreidarsson didn't come from Palace but he did end up there eventually. 

Edit: Christ he did play for them first I could have sworn he didn't.