Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/july/an-update-from-the-board--dean-hoyle/#.YuD4FdQaLAw.twitter

Interesting read as to how an owner of another club communicates the financial situation and deals with accusations of transfer income being used to lower his own loan input and that the incomes for sales, including Grant, are paid in instalements over a number of seasons.  He's making the point, IMHO, that HTFC didn't get all the headline figure up front in one lump sum so they haven't got it all to spend. Similar to the Pope money.
    Definitely an element of managing down expectations in that statement. I think they'll struggle this season, having lost their manager and some of their best players, Barnsley went from promotion contenders to relegation the following season.
  • edited July 2022
    felix_31 said:
    Assuming this winger does sign, I still think we definitely need to upgrade, in this order of priority:

1) Purrington
    2) Washington
    3) Famewo 

In other words, I still think we're short (as most will agree) but we need to be signing 3 quality, proven players, that might come a bit of money, to be competitive.  Not sure taking a punt on young'ens on loan will do the trick. 

P.S. Yes I know Cullen and Gallagher were on loan, but I reckon for every 1 Cullen there's 5 Smith/Smyths.
    Wont be surprised if the Purrington / Famewo replacement is the one player who can play both roles.
  • RedRobin said:
    Mitchell’s brother is in our academy. 
    Zak Mitchell (who is in our academy) is Billy Mitchell’s brother, not Alex Mitchell’s.
    Don't know Zac's family situation but he looks a proper player to me.  Definitely a star of the future.
  • https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/july/an-update-from-the-board--dean-hoyle/#.YuD4FdQaLAw.twitter

Interesting read as to how an owner of another club communicates the financial situation and deals with accusations of transfer income being used to lower his own loan input and that the incomes for sales, including Grant, are paid in instalements over a number of seasons.  He's making the point, IMHO, that HTFC didn't get all the headline figure up front in one lump sum so they haven't got it all to spend. Similar to the Pope money.
    It is possible to get all the money up front, there are intermediaries who provide this financing to clubs at a cost. It is quite common, my cousin is one of the principal operators in this business. 

Do they get the Mitchell brothers on the case?
  • felix_31 said:

P.S. Yes I know Cullen and Gallagher were on loan, but I reckon for every 1 Cullen there's 5 Smith/Smyths.
    And most of them played for us!

• RedRobin said:

• felix_31 said:
    Assuming this winger does sign, I still think we definitely need to upgrade, in this order of priority:

1) Purrington
    2) Washington
    3) Famewo 

In other words, I still think we're short (as most will agree) but we need to be signing 3 quality, proven players, that might cost a bit of money, to be competitive.  Not sure taking a punt on young'ens on loan will do the trick. 

P.S. Yes I know Cullen and Gallagher were on loan, but I reckon for every 1 Cullen there's 5 Smith/Smythe/Smyths.

• CAFCsayer said:
    RedRobin said:

That's the Kemp brothers isn't it? 

Ross and Martin.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    RedRobin said:

That’s Ben Garner looking in the mirror.
  • Scoham said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    RedRobin said:

That’s Ben Garner looking in the mirror.
    Should get checked for concussion...
  • Thomas looking good there 😆😉
  • paulfox said:
    Ffs sandgaard just fucking buy someone will you!!!!!! And say you’ve spent £2 mil even if you haven’t!!!. 🤪
    Yeah, Sandgaaard .......... buy someone, anyone ........  NOW!!!

#underwhelmed

• Doesn't look like there'll be a signing today.

Oh no, then I'm going to have to get some work done!  :anguished:

• Sponsored links:

• Just goes to show all these folk on twitter predicting a signing today know f all and are hedging their bets. So sad ! 

• swordfish said:
    Just sign someone today FFS! Anyone, preferably a striker paying way over the odds for him. Mallik Wilks from under Wednesday's noses would get the message across that we don't have a tight meanie owner, as it seems that little else will 😎

• cabbles said:
    This ex Palace player debate won’t be complete until Ronnie Moore chimes in and tells us John Humphrey was sold to Palace and resigned
    Give it a few days, the next edition of the Plymouth Times is in the post.
  • Doesn't look like there'll be a signing today.

Stand down everyone.
    Henry IV has asked a question and Richard the Quill has answered with a negative response.
  • edited July 2022
    Doesn't look like there'll be a signing today.

Maybe he's surprised at getting a tweet from someone who should be dead
    Henry IV talking to Richard the Lions reporter (plus all the other South London teams)
  • Maybe it’s just the one signing today
  • edited July 2022
    Maybe it’s just the one signing today
    Not easy reading between the lines when the tweet only contains one word though 🤔

Hope you're right.

The grass is up around my knees now and the paint dried days ago. I've got my eye on the pot too, but that's not boiling either 😎
  • Into the metaphorical breach that is the transfer market once more.