Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Agree with what others have said, Cawley has only put stuff out their when deals have been close so I think we can be fairly confident this one will happen.

Oxford were the other League 1 side interested apparently. 
    Haven't Oxford signed a couple of wingers in the last week?
  • Win win both ways. Either he's great and helps us up the table. Or he's shite and we can remind the stripeys that we still have the best academy in South London.
  • Some random Danish/American guy saying on twitter via SLP that we want Riki Tiki Tavi from Palace but no deal done.

Probably read it on here and is just pretending he's ITK

Nah ! 

That's the name of Steve Parish's pet mongoose .....
  • Agree that TS commenting suggests it’s pretty much done. Nixon suggesting two other clubs interested, but I imagine that’s old info.
  • edited July 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZt-zvu4S7A

Feel free to watch and then promptly take a shower afterwards.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It was almost done about a week ago. 

This is a deal through Gallen's relationship with and Ganer's reputation at Palace.  It would have been "easy" for him to go to the championship but everyone (at Palace and his agent) has put the the players real interests 1st. 

I just hope they don't recall him to sit on a championship club's bench in January. 

This boy is mustard. 
    Any idea what the hold up is then? Seems odd that it's taken a week if it's one that apparently everyone involved actually wants to happen.
  • Richard J said:
    Agree with what others have said, Cawley has only put stuff out their when deals have been close so I think we can be fairly confident this one will happen.

They signed Josh Murphy in the last few days.
  • Richard J said:
    Agree with what others have said, Cawley has only put stuff out their when deals have been close so I think we can be fairly confident this one will happen.

They signed Josh Murphy in the last few days.
    They signed 2, the other winger is Yanic Wildschut.
  • Tbf Accrington away probably isnt the best place for this lad to make his debut from what I have seen of him on those clips if he did that there I'm not sure he would survive the game 😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Nixon saying we should know where Rak-Sakyi goes in the next 24hrs! 
  • Not allowed to do stepovers if you play for us, son
  • AndyG said:
    Tbf Accrington away probably isnt the best place for this lad to make his debut from what I have seen of him on those clips if he did that there I'm not sure he would survive the game 😂😂
    They'll boot him into the stands...
  • JordanJLD said:

sKiNtGaArD 😴
    Look at TS’s beard, it’s white!

Thats what following Charlton does for yer!
  • JordanJLD said:

sKiNtGaArD 😴
    Look at TS’s beard, it’s white!

Thats what following Charlton does for yer!
    Nope, that's what paying the bills does.
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This is a deal through Gallen's relationship with and Ganer's reputation at Palace.  It would have been "easy" for him to go to the championship but everyone (at Palace and his agent) has put the the players real interests 1st. 

I just hope they don't recall him to sit on a championship club's bench in January. 

This boy is mustard. 
    Any idea what the hold up is then? Seems odd that it's taken a week if it's one that apparently everyone involved actually wants to happen.
    Championship interest.
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This boy is mustard. 
    He’s been in Australia on their pre-season tour. He was playing in Perth at the weekend and probably only got back to England in the last couple of days so I’m not sure how it could’ve been completed last week.
  • edited July 2022
    It is interesting that the players that some on here reckon are going have been given low shirt numbers. Also interesting that JoJo given number 1.

• https://twitter.com/Pompey/status/1552375905124761602

Pompey have signed Dane Scarlett on loan from Spurs, very highly rated,  Pompey signing 3 ''first choice'' strikers is a little confusing though
  • That’s a very good signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• matt88 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This boy is mustard. 
    He’s been in Australia on their pre-season tour. He was playing in Perth at the weekend and probably only got back to England in the last couple of days so I’m not sure how it could’ve been completed last week.
    Wouldn't be unique to complete a transfer while out of the country would it?  
  • Is it a done deal, as confirmed by Charlton Life?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This boy is mustard. 
    I don’t remember a time in recent history we’ve announced a signing without a photoshoot at the training ground or the valley. I’m not saying the wheels weren’t in motion last week, just saying the delay is probably because he was on the other side of the world.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

This boy is mustard. 
    I’ve been pretty indifferent to all our signings so far, but this one sounds exciting.  Hope we get him 
  • edited July 2022
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This boy is mustard. 
    I don’t remember a time in recent history we’ve announced a signing without a photoshoot at the training ground or the valley. I’m not saying the wheels weren’t in motion last week, just saying the delay is probably because he was on the other side of the world.
    Big difference between announced and almost done.  If we would have announced it before he was back in the country or not, I have no idea.

I have seen other transfers when "x will go on loan to y when z finish their tour of w".

Remember we signed Chris Gunter when he was away with Wales.
  • Delfin said:
    Dane Scarlett, well that's a real talent.I suppose we burnt our bridges with Spurs after Nile John's. He's a game changer , a real goalscorer. How many months/years have we been waiting for a goalscorer. I suppose Jon Fortune hasn't got any on his books and Steve Gallen hasn't any one else's number.Charltons scouting system must be terrible,if one exists.
    Stockley debate part 684681.

Stockley is a goalscorer, his record for us proves this, his goals per minute/games ratios are all decent.