Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• ross1 said:
    Loathe to raise the Dobson scenario but would he be modelling the new 3rd kit if he was on his way out of the door?
    Would he also be given the number 4 shirt?

They gave Morgan the number 10…
  • ross1 said:
    Loathe to raise the Dobson scenario but would he be modelling the new 3rd kit if he was on his way out of the door?

Didn't Phillips and Bone start with 1-11 numbers? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:

Didn't Phillips and Bone start with 1-11 numbers? 
    Was quite humerus when they did that.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dane Scarlett is going to be the youngest Captain in League 1 at Pompey.

Ben Garner still deciding between Morgan and Kirk.
    I hear that is movements are a bit wooden.
    Highly strung too.

Not injury prone though 

People say he's indestructible 
    But we did sign Jojo 90.

• edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    Danthered said:
    Hoping for.. before the window closed, is slightly less encouraging to here, hopefully it’s just dampening expectations.
    Someone help me out here……JRS who is that?
    I suppose it’s the lad from Palarse?
  • If we're competing against Championship clubs for this Palace kid, then I doubt that we're going to win out, which is a shame because he would be a great acquisition for us.  Let's face it; if he has been anywhere near their squad then he is likely to be infinitely better than what we have - we are, depressingly, a third division team, after all, and last year we didn't come remotely close to competing for the top six.

I will defer judgement until the transfer window closes as to whether we have built a squad that can challenge for promotion....

It's the hope that kills you.
  • Rak Sakyi an alcoholic  drink from the Balkans ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just because x and y might not start at Accrington doesn't mean they are on the way out.  Including MacGillivray.

Are we so used to having only 14-15 useful players that we think 16-20 are frozen out or being jogged on?

As always if the club receive an offer for anyone, including those that do start the season, that meets the valuation of the player, and the player is happy to move, they will move.  If not they won't.
    I never suggested they were!

There just seemed to be an early clamour on here that he was.
  • If we're competing against Championship clubs for this Palace kid, then I doubt that we're going to win out, which is a shame because he would be a great acquisition for us.  Let's face it; if he has been anywhere near their squad then he is likely to be infinitely better than what we have - we are, depressingly, a third division team, after all, and last year we didn't come remotely close to competing for the top six.

I will defer judgement until the transfer window closes as to whether we have built a squad that can challenge for promotion....

It's the hope that kills you.
    I am expecting a rubbish season so the possible emotions are only what I expect or a pleasant surprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Just because x and y might not start at Accrington doesn't mean they are on the way out.  Including MacGillivray.

Are we so used to having only 14-15 useful players that we think 16-20 are frozen out or being jogged on?

As always if the club receive an offer for anyone, including those that do start the season, that meets the valuation of the player, and the player is happy to move, they will move.  If not they won't.
    I never suggested they were!

There just seemed to be an early clamour on here that he was.
    No I know you didn't, but many have.
  • paulfox said:
    Danthered said:
    Hoping for.. before the window closed, is slightly less encouraging to here, hopefully it’s just dampening expectations.
    Someone help me out here……JRS who is that?
    I suppose it’s the lad from Palarse?
    #cafc keen on a loan deal for #cpfc's Jesurun Rak-Sakyi.
  • Sadly I could see JRS being an attractive signing for a Championship club like the Spanners and them giving him regular game time.

Let's hope that the Gallen / Garner relationship pulls it off.
  • edited July 2022
    Now if we had had a selection of fizzy pop, multi-packs of crisps and bags of bite size favorites...  we would not be in this God awful mess!!

Anyone got Birmingham City's phone number?
  • So it looks like we could be starting the season with no recognised left back. I know Sessignon has played there before but seeing as the No3 shirt has been left vacant I'm assuming the club feel that we want a left footed left back.

So, no lessons learnt from last season then. 
    We had a recognised left back last season. Try and keep up.
  • So it looks like we could be starting the season with no recognised left back. I know Sessignon has played there before but seeing as the No3 shirt has been left vacant I'm assuming the club feel that we want a left footed left back.

No lessons learnt? You've just contradicted yourself, Golfie! :smile:

You said yourself, "seeing as the No3 shirt has been left vacant I'm assuming the club feel that we want a left footed left back".
    And right there, I agree with you!

Good to confirm that’s the only issue :smile:

No mention of faster recruitment, right players being released, fewer loans etc.
  • edited July 2022
    It is of course possible that nobody wants the number rather than it is waiting for a player. It was Purrington's last season and he has left as we know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    So it looks like we could be starting the season with no recognised left back. I know Sessignon has played there before but seeing as the No3 shirt has been left vacant I'm assuming the club feel that we want a left footed left back.

We had a recognised left back last season. Try and keep up.
    But he was injured in the Summer so we had to start the season with Gunter out of position which went well!
  • Nixon saying it's between Lincoln, Oxford and us for JRS and the player will make the decision.
  • edited July 2022
    Richard J said:
    Nixon saying it's between Lincoln, Oxford and us for JRS and the player will make the decision.
    So Oxford or us then.
  • Richard J said:
    Nixon saying it's between Lincoln, Oxford and us for JRS and the player will make the decision.
    If true I’d be surprised if we don’t get him.

Would also suggest the Championship interest wasn’t serious. Perhaps he was a back up option if a club missed out on a target or game time wasn’t guaranteed.
  • It will be us :)
    Tonight or tomorrow?
  • Richard J said:
    Bollox i was hoping he said Swindon...
  • Richard J said:
    So Oxford or us then.
    Recently signed 2 wingers so should rule them out.
  • If it takes this long to get a loan signing on board goodness knows how long a permanent one would take.