Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Doesn't look like there'll be a signing today.

Allow me to translate for Cawley here:

”F*ck off and leave me alone for five minutes you Anoraks”
    Off with his head…..to The Tower with you.🧌
  • cabbles said:
    This ex Palace player debate won’t be complete until Ronnie Moore chimes in and tells us John Humphrey was sold to Palace and resigned
    Sadly he was not at his best when he came back for 1 year.
    RonnieMoore or John Humphrey? 
  • There's a rumour there's no more rumours today.

• There's a rumour that it all used to be so less complicated.

You looked in the back of The Mercury and found out Charlton had signed John Bumstead.
  • Ok it’s been a slow day at work!!😂
  • paulfox said:
    Ok it’s been a slow day at work!!😂
    Couldnt be that slow....you havent even taken the time to cover the whole head!
  • Three year deal as well 👍🏼
  • BREAKING: Cardiff City goalkeeper Dillon Phillips joins KV Oostende on loan 
  • Sponsored links:

• BREAKING: Cardiff City goalkeeper Dillon Phillips joins KV Oostende on loan 

I'm surprised Cardiff have ferried Dillon to Ostend.
  • No deal done yet for the palace kid. 
  • RedRobin said:
    No deal done yet for the palace kid. 
    Could we read more into it it?, would TS have gone public if he wasn’t quite optimistic it will happen, don’t think Gallen would want it out there if nowhere near.? Or are we buttering him up by showing we are keen?.
  • paulfox said:
    RedRobin said:
    Could we read more into it it?, would TS have gone public if he wasn’t quite optimistic it will happen, don’t think Gallen would want it out there if nowhere near.? Or are we buttering him up by showing we are keen?.
    I doubt the player has any say in it at that age.
  • paulfox said:
    RedRobin said:
    Very true, must be close if TS has commented. Wouldn’t usually talk about signings. 
  • Feels like it’s one that’s going to get over the line for sure. Which, although I’d rather we got someone a bit more established in like Mallik Wilks, I feel would be a good thing.

• Given we've kept pretty much every other signing under wraps til the last minute this window, a public comment has to suggest at the very least we have a definite interest.

Would imagine that they wanted to get it done before the weekend but for whatever reason it's slightly delayed so this has been released to reassure fans that business is still not done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be strange and indeed uncharacteristic of this summer's transfer business to mention this, if it wasn't pretty close
    Do wonder if the injury to Aneke has fast tracked this on our end. Can imagine we have moved quicker knowing if Aneke is out for a couple of weeks etc.
  • WSS said:
    paulfox said:
    RedRobin said:
    I doubt the player has any say in it at that age.
    Yes fair point, but we wouldn’t want a player if he isn’t keen on the move,unlikely to get the best from him🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Would be strange and indeed uncharacteristic of this summer's transfer business to mention this, if it wasn't pretty close
    Do wonder if the injury to Aneke has fast tracked this on our end. Can imagine we have moved quicker knowing if Aneke is out for a couple of weeks etc.
    Surely not an Aneke cover player, he should be an extra player to the squad, added to competition up front. 
  • Some random Danish/American guy saying on twitter via SLP that we want Riki Tiki Tavi from Palace but no deal done.

Probably read it on here and is just pretending he's ITK

• WSS said:
    I think that suggests it's there or thereabouts to be honest.
    It does but doesn't it seem a bit odd to talk to Cawley about him when it's just a loan. Surely there can't be much negotiating over a fee.
  • If TS and RC are ready to go public on that, they must be pretty confident that we will get a deal for Rak-Sakyi completed.
  • Agree with what others have said, Cawley has only put stuff out their when deals have been close so I think we can be fairly confident this one will happen.

Oxford were the other League 1 side interested apparently.