Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Foley and Crofts
    Arding and Hobbs.🤭
  • Scoham said:
    What time will the announcement be? I’ll guess 5pm today.
    The next 2 minutes will be crucial.
  • Bit surprised Pratley getting some stick,he never left anything on the pitch,whether he played good or bad,could certainly have done with him ,even at his age,in a few games last season when we were getting passed off the park.
    The Pratley that last played for us wasn't the player he was 18 months before.  I am not really sure why because unlike Watson, Jackson, Crofts and dozens of others his legs hadn't gone. 
  • Sambcafc said:
    Find it so odd how people on here are referencing players like Grealish, Cancelo and Zinchenko on here as reasons certain players in our squad can play in certain positions. Haha. These guys are elite footballers. Completely irrelevant using them as examples to our squad/level
    Of course it isn't. No-one is comparing our players like for like on this thread, just pointing out a visible similar style for reference. Sessegnon is quite capable of cutting inside and adding to the midfield. Partially because we saw it against Derby, and partially because he's a professional footballer. Kirk or CBT can run the wing or cut inside because we've seen it before and they're not total idiots. It's like saying none of our players can score goals because they're not Harry Kane. If a fan's imagination doesn't stretch to Garner telling Sessegnon that he should push inside to give Dobson an extra passing option instead of staying out wide then that's something for those people to work on
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    What time will the announcement be? I’ll guess 5pm today.
    The next 2 minutes will be crucial.
    That’s what she said
    No need to show off
  • Funny time to announce a signing.... 

It's normally at the top of the hour 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sessegnon????
  • There’s only 2 Steven Sessengons
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Funny time to announce a signing.... 

We’re not moaning about the exact minute a signing is announced now are we?

I mean come on…surely a bit much!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Funny time to announce a signing.... 

We’re not moaning about the exact minute a signing is announced now are we?

I mean come on…surely a bit much!
    Not moaning at all. They are normally automated tweets that go out at the top of the hour. 
  • Scoham said:
    Gallen says one or two more could come in and one or two could go. I hope it’s a striker and a centre back (ideally left sided) we’re after. I have more confidence in Clayden stepping up than Ness, it’s easier for a young full back to come in and I don’t like the idea of Inniss being one of only three senior CBs.
    Completely agree about Inniss being one of three, huge risk. Feel LB could still be strengthened though, whilst you’re right it is easier for a young LB to come in, Clayden isn’t a LB. 
  • Sponsored links:

•  Biggest thing to note is that Gallen or Garner haven’t said that this is the signing he has been working on for a long time. Still think that is Tyreece Simpson which hopefully will come later in the window.

Ipswich will definitely release him….just likely holding out to see if anyone comes nearer to their 600k valuation (but I expect he will be sold for nearer 400k close to deadline day… to hopefully us).
    I think we will sign him in January.
  • Scoham said:
    Gallen says one or two more could come in and one or two could go. I hope it’s a striker and a centre back (ideally left sided) we’re after. I have more confidence in Clayden stepping up than Ness, it’s easier for a young full back to come in and I don’t like the idea of Inniss being one of only three senior CBs.
    Completely agree about Inniss being one of three, huge risk. Feel LB could still be strengthened though, whilst you’re right it is easier for a young LB to come in, Clayden isn’t a LB. 
    Have commented on this before but maybe he is and he’s finally found his best position? He has the pace we want in that position and isn’t good enough to challenge for a place in the front three.
  • edited August 2022
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Have commented on this before but maybe he is and he’s finally found his best position? He has the pace we want in that position and isn’t good enough to challenge for a place in the front three.
    A backwards Lee Sharpe?

I really need to stop making jokes based in the 1980/90s.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Fair and it’s possible. Although I think it’s more likely he’s being played there out of necessity. Not a position I’d necessarily panic and rule the season over but ideally I’d bring another in. 
  • Chunes said:
    Thanks for the memories, Ben. The painful, awful memories.

I think we should henceforth refer to that Pratley-Watson midfield pairing as 'The Partnership that shall not be Named.' Like Voldemort.
    Pratson.

• If Tyreece Simpson is so good why are Ipswich selling him? Genuine question.