Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Who was the loan striker we missed out on?
  • Options
    Can we shut this down, and get the January transfer rumours up nice and early, as fuck all is going to happen here. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Who was the loan striker we missed out on?
    I think it was Oztumer ( not really a striker).

He was due to sign but Ched Evans remained at Fleetwood rather than switching to Bolton.
  • Options
    For a transfer window where barely a rumour has been leaked, and an incoming player known about before it’s happened, you would think our fans would probably have an understanding that we are playing our cards very close to our chest.
    Or we don't have any cards 
  • Options
    Yesterday I wrote that Portsmouth had signed  Colby Bishop who had now scored 4 goals plus Joe Pigott...and basically why didn't  we......

The response was I was sent within 2 minutes.  I was told I was weird. 

What  is weird about noting how many decent strikers have been available but not been looked . Stanley have sold 2 good strikers starting in January.  We bought Aneke..

Just what are Gallen and Co looking at ?
    What you are willing to pay comes into it.
    Why should I pay...Sandgaard owns the club and he doesn't want to pay either. 
    Winning post. We really have some special fans.
    You have a big gob...tell me what is wrong with that statement and how you have been sheltered from sarcasm all your life.
    You forgot the A&Eke bit at the end.... 
  • Options
    PWR

5 additional pages since I last looked, what are we arguing about, just so I can be up to date?

Is it Garners admission we’re unlikely to add a striker?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yesterday I wrote that Portsmouth had signed  Colby Bishop who had now scored 4 goals plus Joe Pigott...and basically why didn't  we......

The response was I was sent within 2 minutes.  I was told I was weird. 

What  is weird about noting how many decent strikers have been available but not been looked . Stanley have sold 2 good strikers starting in January.  We bought Aneke..

Just what are Gallen and Co looking at ?
    What you are willing to pay comes into it.
    Why should I pay...Sandgaard owns the club and he doesn't want to pay either. 
    Winning post. We really have some special fans.
    You have a big gob...tell me what is wrong with that statement and how you have been sheltered from sarcasm all your life.
    Airman Brown was referring to what Charlton/TS is willing to pay to sign players, not what you are willing to pay to sign players.

Why on earth would you think a Charlton fan expects you to fund our player recruitment?
    Utterly bizarre/weird.
  • Options
    PWR

5 additional pages since I last looked, what are we arguing about, just so I can be up to date?

🎣
  • Options
    Disheartening reading Garners report about unlikely to sign a striker. Personally like many here I think it's essential. 
    He says he expects players from all positions to chip in with goals... despite totally outplaying Wednesday we didn't look like scoring apart from CBT's one on one. Didn't really test their keeper greatly.

i read elsewhere that Pompey aren't in for Gilbey which is a shame as it would I'm sure help if the striker issue is purely money and squad size based. 

I'd still, as I said at the end of the season, be taking a punt on Stockton. At worst it could be as disappointing as Kirk , but somehow I think it would be an upgrade in this system on Stockley. 

• Options
    Two ways to read Garner’s comments imo. 1) We’ve spent our budget and need to make space before we sign someone or 2) we’re talking to someone and that is a message to them or their agent or club that there’s a deal to be done but not at the price/wage they are currently asking. 
    I prefer the second option, but not sure that really works.😉
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I think we have players lined up, just need to get some out first. IMHO
    Is that for loans as well as perms?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Redhenry said:
    I think we have players lined up, just need to get some out first. IMHO
    Is that for loans as well as perms?
    Possibly
  • Options
    anyway, looking forward to tonight, come on you reds
  • Options
    Still a LB & Striker short. 

That's my Michael Owen comment for the day. 
  • Options
    Notwithstanding that our LB has probably been our best outfield player so far, only really challenged by our RB 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we don’t get in that striker and centre back we need it’s a pity because the foundation’s of a very decent team are already built. I have to say though that I thought that when Garner came in with his footballing ethos that it could well take two or three windows to get it right. From where we were in terms of players when Jacko left we are much better equipped to play Garnerball but I definitely think it was always a bridge to far to get it right in one short summer. 
    We just have to be patient. I suspect there isn’t a club in the country that feels there isn’t more business to do. Like it or not, the way the transfer window works, some of the last business is done right at the end.

Feeling like we have a couple to come and a couple to go to complete the puzzle is such a better place than before.

For me, the bigger issue in football is that the transfer window needs to shut much sooner so that we don’t all have a month of the season before it closes. Should finish no later than a week after all the leagues start,
  • Options
    Two ways to read Garner’s comments imo. 1) We’ve spent our budget and need to make space before we sign someone or 2) we’re talking to someone and that is a message to them or their agent or club that there’s a deal to be done but not at the price/wage they are currently asking. 
    Do they read the SLP then  ?
  • Options
    I said weeks ago our transfer business was done, as soon as Leaburn had a good pre-season Tommy sniffed we had solved our striker problems thus saving any money on a signing. 

Leaburn fits right in with Tommy's brief of a good mix of youngsters and experienced pro's

We all know this will not work and that we do need a striker however prepare to be disappointed.
  • Options
    I said weeks ago our transfer business was done, as soon as Leaburn had a good pre-season Tommy sniffed we had solved our striker problems thus saving any money on a signing. 

Leaburn fits right in with Tommy's brief of a good mix of youngsters and experienced pro's

We all know this will not work and that we do need a striker however prepare to be disappointed.
    We've signed a player since then?  :D
  • Options

I am talking about a striker which is the issue is it not
  • Options

I still think a striker will come in. It might not be the one we’ve been chasing but we’ll get a loan if not. Unless money is no object signing players is not an exact science.
  • Options
    PWR

Sounds like you need a secretary to assist you in your obvious hectic work load, maybe they could keep you updated...or of course read it like the rest of us poor sods have to... ;)
  • Options

I still think a striker will come in. It might not be the one we’ve been chasing but we’ll get a loan if not. Unless money is no object signing players is not an exact science.
    Hope you are right because it is plain to see we need one, but.................................as I say will not be shocked if we carry on with what we have