Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    William Osula

Sheffield Utd Danish striker who just scored twice v our U21s. 

Not that tall but a bit of a lump.
  • Options
    Kabongo Tshimanga
  • Options
    William Osula

Is he linked with us @Henry Irving?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Can't we sell Gilberto as a "waste of space"? Come on, every supporter base in football has a designated player who is, a "waste of space". We have plenty of competition to step up surely. There must be a club out there needs a good "waste of space"?
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    Kabongo Tshimanga
    What did you call me?
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    Kabongo Tshimanga
    25, never played above National League level, has banged in the goals though. I'm not taking this as a serious suggestion though.  
  • Options
    William Osula

Has been linked with Rotherham and Burton (by Nixon so…). Don’t know anything about him but sounds likely he could be heading to league 1
  • Options
    William Osula

We’ve already got lumps. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    William Osula

We’ve already got lumps. 
    Is he lump with pace?
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    Kabongo Tshimanga
    25, never played above National League level, has banged in the goals though. I'm not taking this as a serious suggestion though.  
    You can take it how you like it 
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Kabongo Tshimanga
    thanks, how was it intended to be taken though? 
  • Options
    We are definitely looking to bring in another forward, seems contingent on one of JFC or Gilbey leaving though.
    That's mental if true.

I wonder what hasn't happened?  A championship club coming in for Dobson?

It would be mental to sign McGrandles and/or Payne meaning you couldn't sign a striker.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We are definitely looking to bring in another forward, seems contingent on one of JFC or Gilbey leaving though.
    That's mental if true.

It would be mental to sign McGrandles and/or Payne meaning you couldn't sign a striker.  
    What if we missed out on Payne because we signed a striker like Stockton and stockley started the season on fire, limiting stocktons game time.

the squad needed an overhaul, ins and outs. Garner may have made a decision early on that he wanted gilbey out and Payne plus another in. If there are no takers for gilbey, garner has to decide which player he wants and can use the most. Tough decisions that get overlooked by fans posting on Internet forums.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    It says 1 more and more than that if others leave. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's mental if true.

What if we missed out on Payne because we signed a striker like Stockton and stockley started the season on fire, limiting stocktons game time.

the squad needed an overhaul, ins and outs. Garner may have made a decision early on that he wanted gilbey out and Payne plus another in. If there are no takers for gilbey, garner has to decide which player he wants and can use the most. Tough decisions that get overlooked by fans posting on Internet forums.
    I get the signing Payne bit to be honest.  By the time we signed him Garner had had 2 or 3 weeks with the squad and new exactly how good Payne was and what he could or couldn't do. 

We basically signed McGrandles before we went to Spain.  Before Garner had the chance to look at what he had.  It's that one that makes less sense to me.  I am convinced we sign him based on something happening that then didn't happen.

Of course its more difficult than writing it on a football forum and I fully get that you don't necessarily get the players in in the right order.  

You can't tell me that the plan was to go through the season with 2 senior strikers unless we could flog Gilbey?
  • Options
    My ITK contact has told me that TS has listened and we're signing a young promising striker who has scored a few in League Two who has worked with Garner before. The deal will be a swap of JFC and money for AFC Wimbledons striker Josh Davison.

Harry someone ???

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's mental if true.

I get the signing Payne bit to be honest.  By the time we signed him Garner had had 2 or 3 weeks with the squad and new exactly how good Payne was and what he could or couldn't do. 

We basically signed McGrandles before we went to Spain.  Before Garner had the chance to look at what he had.  It's that one that makes less sense to me.  I am convinced we sign him based on something happening that then didn't happen.

Of course its more difficult than writing it on a football forum and I fully get that you don't necessarily get the players in in the right order.  

You can't tell me that the plan was to go through the season with 2 senior strikers unless we could flog Gilbey?
    I would hope not but there could be the unknown.....

our top target went elsewhere, or we were hoping to move on gilbey and it fell through 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sambcafc said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Kabongo Tshimanga
    thanks, how was it intended to be taken though? 
    One lump or two ??
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's mental if true.

our top target went elsewhere, or we were hoping to move on gilbey and it fell through 
    That wouldn't be dependent on shifting Gilbey though would it?

It may also be as simple as we didn't think we would/could get Payne and then couldn't turn down the chance.  Which would be something unexpected happening.
  • Options
    It wouldnt surprise me if someone came in with a decent offer for CBT I'm sure a few championship clubs have noticed him. I supose if the money is right he could go
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Total management speak. Am sure we will see a couple go and a couple come in. People may just need to be patient though as I suspect it'll be late business. Who doesn't love a bit of excitement on transfer deadline day...
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    I keep thinking that we’re in the under promise/over deliver mindset. 
    As it should always have been.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's mental if true.

That wouldn't be dependent on shifting Gilbey though would it?

It may also be as simple as we didn't think we would/could get Payne and then couldn't turn down the chance.  Which would be something unexpected happening.
    It depends, we might not have been able to shift gilbey and the deal for a striker fell through as a result.

either way, I would be disappointed if our transfer activity, ins and outs are finished