Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• CL’s ability to write off youngsters is incredible.

Jephcott’s stats are brilliant for his age, just because last season wasn’t a good as the season before he’s been branded a one season wonder 😂  

Players get better, 22 is way off your peak.  
    Can he play as a lone striker? Does he suit our system?
  • Scoham said:
    CL’s ability to write off youngsters is incredible.

Jephcott’s stats are brilliant for his age, just because last season wasn’t a good as the season before he’s been branded a one season wonder 😂  

Players get better, 22 is way off your peak.  
    Can he play as a lone striker? Does he suit our system?
    I’ve no idea, but that’s not my point.  
  • mendonca said:
    ...and there we were always hearing that Gilbs was one of the best midfielders in the league. Player of the season at his former club too you know!!

Which makes you realize that Gilbey put in more performances like Ipswich at home or Plymouth away in the 6 up game at his previous clubs and for some reason he couldn't reproduce for Cafc other than for several games.

I don't believe the fans of his previous clubs are wrong when they saw him play to a consistent level and voted for him.
  • Valley11 said:
    I long for the days of the Rivaldo transfer rumour
    Or Batistuta
    Teddy sheringham house hunting in welling 
  • It looks like Forest will sign Josh Bowler, having not bought anyone for 10 minutes.

Will Blackpool make a last minute bid for Kirk?
  • Scoham said:
    Hibs having difficulty getting McKirdy over the line.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2022/09/01/exclusive-mckirdy-move-in-the-balance/

Sausagedog vs Ryan Whelan:

Considering we’ve not spent money on a transfer fee this summer, I doubt we’ll start doing that on deadline day. 
  • Jephcott doesn’t get game time at Plymouth because, according to them, he can only play in a front 2. We obviously don’t play a front 2 so it’s a no from me.
  • mendonca said:
    ...and there we were always hearing that Gilbs was one of the best midfielders in the league. Player of the season at his former club too you know!!

Which makes you realize that Gilbey put in more performances like Ipswich at home or Plymouth away in the 6 up game at his previous clubs and for some reason he couldn't reproduce for Cafc other than for several games.

I don't believe the fans of his previous clubs are wrong when they saw him play to a consistent level and voted for him.
    Agree - My point being judge from what you see on the pitch rather than what you want to or have forecasted to occur in xx games time. 
  • cafc4life said:
    never have I seen so many straws clutched in all my life reading this thread.
    I’m sure you’re not new to this ? Mo Eisa has been teasing us for years ????
  • Sponsored links:

• Kerian Agard had his annual mention yet? 
  • edited September 2022
    I just read the Plymouth Herald 😂 

As some mentioned it’s about him not suiting the 3421 formation, could be clutching at straws here but 1) we don’t play that formation, it doesn’t mention playing in a two and 2) it says he will likely leave on a permanent or a loan as there is interest.  

That could be us seen as the info we’ve had in here is permanent one second and loan the next?!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Valley11 said:
    I long for the days of the Rivaldo transfer rumour
    Or Batistuta
    Teddy sheringham house hunting in welling 
    But will he be changing the name of that house to "The Nou Camp" as well?
  • edited September 2022
    what happened to the striker/defender * that we definitely signed & was going to be announced this morning  ?

* depending on which ITK poster you believe. 
  • Macronate said:
    Danthered said:
    Most informative post I’ve ever read, thanks a bundle.
    Looking at pictures of Luke Jephcott. It could have been him eating a meal in Club 1905 last night. Thomas, Dangerfield and Gallen at the table. Only saw the guy from the side. Only time will tell.
  • what happened to the striker/defender * that we definitely signed & was going to be announced this morning  ?

Never said this morning. . . Was just told it wouldn’t be a last minute announcement
  • what happened to the striker/defender * that we definitely signed & was going to be announced this morning  ?

What happened to the rumour you shared yourself? :smile:
  • edited September 2022
    jbaker said:
    what happened to the striker/defender * that we definitely signed & was going to be announced this morning  ?

Never said this morning. . . Was just told it wouldn’t be a last minute announcement
    iirc,.. CEL said it would "Probably be announced this morning"...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    Macronate said:
    Danthered said:
    Looking at pictures of Luke Jephcott. It could have been him eating a meal in Club 1905 last night. Thomas, Dangerfield and Gallen at the table. Only saw the guy from the side. Only time will tell.
    Apparently he missed Plymouth's Pizza Cup game because of a stomach bug.... definitely him then I'd say!  B)  
  • edited September 2022
    Bakery. He was after some pork pies by the sounds of it!
  • edited September 2022
    swordfish said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Macronate said:
    Danthered said:
    Apparently he missed Plymouth's Pizza Cup game because of a stomach bug.... definitely him then I'd say!  B)  
    He should sign for us and get a proper injury rather than just putting his feet up for a night.
  • Scoham said:

It wasn't a rumour & certainly not to do with transfers.

I don't want to say too much as I'm not sure how much I should share, but suffice to say that Golfie Jnr might not be needing his season ticket anymore as he will be working for the club.
  • _nam11 said:
    We any closer on Andy Delort?
    We wish!

More likely to get this guy:

• Scoham said:

It wasn't a rumour & certainly not to do with transfers.

I don't want to say too much as I'm not sure how much I should share, but suffice to say that Golfie Jnr might not be needing his season ticket anymore as he will be working for the club.
    But can he play up front though?