Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• The only person I trust is sausagedog, the rest are chancers 

#Trustinthesaus 
  • Scoham said:
    Jephcott definitely on the move today and would be a decent signing for us if it happened. alongside Will Boyle. 
    Plymouth brought in 2 replacements already in Cosgrove and Camara 
    Plymouth have two Camaras or you mean the one who’s been there for a few years?
    Ipswich have had a 500k bid accepted for the one who has been there a few years.
  • Bit boring isn't it?

Can't wait until I open up the webpage and see 171 unread posts on this thread.

It's got to hot up sooner or later surely?
  • LTKapal said:
    What’s the Plymouth herald saying!
    Plymouth Live state that Plymouth manager says Jephcott can leave as he doesn’t fit into manager’s plans anymore as manager’s 3-4-2-1 formation doesn’t suit the way he plays
  • Is that the all too familiar figure of a bitterly disappointing anti-climax I can see coming into view on the Charlton transfer horizon?
  • Says a lot about Gilbeys mindset that he would rather go down a league than join a (let’s face it) rival team and prove we have made a mistake. Definitely the right decision to move him on, as it is the rest as the players as we can’t even give them away! 

Imagine if this was Clare, Dobbo, Fraser etc, I’m sure there’d be plenty of suitors. 

• Heohcott rumoured to be off to Swindon.  Which could in turn move McKirdy on somewhere
  • NabySarr said:
    Jephcott isn’t what we need now. Can’t play up front on his own and doesn’t get games at Plymouth anymore. He had a a purple patch a couple of years ago and is a decent young prospect but he won’t get us in the top 6 
    Jephcott is still young (22). I'm not sure about his height, weight, what he's said about Charlton in the past, whether he can play, or adapt to play, as BG would require him to, but he would appear a reasonable prospect on paper as he's scored goals for Plymouth in L1. It sounds as though he's on the move, but if BG doesn't rate him, you needn't worry that it'll be to come to us. If he does, I'll trust in the manager's judgement. Can't see it myself though as I tipped him back in June and I'm never right. 

Incidentally, I can predict that the likely peak time for any announcements today will be between 6.45 and 8.15 this evening as I will be out with my running Club then.
  • Swisdom said:
    Heohcott rumoured to be off to Swindon.  Which could in turn move McKirdy on somewhere
    Edinburgh 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Heohcott rumoured to be off to Swindon.  Which could in turn move McKirdy on somewhere
    Looks he’s going Hibs - reportedly drove up last night 
  • Swisdom said:
    Amateur... Should have flown up from Bristol
  • edited September 2022
    Shrewsbury have signed striker Rob Street on loan from palace.

Steve Cotterill has also confirmed that they are interested in Cole Stockton.

Udoh possibly on the move to make way.
  • Ipswich have had a £500k bid for Plymouth's Camara accepted.

Would love to know how much the tripod and lenses will cost them, thats one expensive bit of kit
    Good signing.
  • Swisdom said:
    Amateur... Should have flown up from Bristol
    Kids off school, roads are lovely. With delays at the airport it's probably quicker too. 
  • edited September 2022
    You just know how this thread is going to end up come 11pm tonight...

• Shrewsbury have signed striker Rob Street on loan from palace.

Udoh has been recently struggling with injury niggles so would fit in well.
  • never have I seen so many straws clutched in all my life reading this thread.
  • Shrewsbury have signed striker Rob Street on loan from palace.

Udoh has been recently struggling with injury niggles so would fit in well.

Mo Eisa could be worth a punt as well to beef up the treatment room 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
  • Jephcott had a good run but hasnt done much since.  i would rather have bonne
  • I thought we were doing deals early today?
  • MrBurns said:
    I thought we were doing deals early today?
    I think early deals in CAFC land mean between 10.30 & 11.00 pm..
  • Hard to find accurate info online but looks like Gilbey was on around 4.5k a week.  Stevenage average weekly salary at around 2.5k so you’d assume they are paying most of his wages.  Reckon that gives us at least 3k a week for the striker?!  All guessing of course, perhaps we can add to that who knows.
  • Simpson to Huddersfield confirmed 
  • Be good to sign an injury prone unfit striker who hasn't scored for six months..🤞