Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I'd be more worried if he was coming out of that big M&S with 3 bottles of champagne.
  • jbaker said:
    mendonca said:
    What's happening to the 5% of the 95% deal - he's in Sainsbury's getting some sushi perhaps.
    Whoever it is was told last night the 5% was just the formality of the paperwork being signed. Player wants to come and agent has told all other interested parties it’s a done deal. Would imagine was completed early this morning and just awaiting official announcement etc. 
    Media team is too busy at Welling.
  • I'm more interested in what an "agent looking bloke" looks like... :/
    shady - think along the lines of our current chancellor of the exchequer  
  • Ferryman said:
    Club so confident that Stockley and Bonne will form such a successful partnership as a front two they’ve had a special goal celebration photo done:

Imagine that on the big screen!
    Like this:

• mendonca said:
    What's happening to the 5% of the 95% deal - he's in Sainsbury's getting some sushi perhaps.
    good point - if all's gone to plan he'll be doing a silly pose in the tunnel area about now having had 'a great session with the lads this morning, like i've never been away'  
  • Ferryman said:
    He moved earlier in the year. Had been near me in Dormansland for a while and used to see him in pubs/restaurants our way, so asked where had he been hiding at the POTY dinner and he told me where he had moved to.
  • Sponsored links:

• jbaker said:
    I think the majority of people just forget these fellas are just young adults. Ok probably mid 20s but still young adults who are finding their way in life. So much more comes in to a move than just is what is seen on the surface. I wouldnt want to be living in a hotel week in week out with no friends and family around me at that age. They also need to go and fit in with a new group of players all with their own agenda/ego and im guessing this isnt always easy. Yes by all means im assuming most of us would love to be a footballer, but whats to say if we were we would love the game? To some its just a job they are lucky enough to be good at. Ive just turned 35 and in the football world at that age your too old and retiring . . Its a short career for them to set themselves up with . . .you cant blame them if a move doesnt suit what they want. Clubs have a duty to pay the player the sums they signed the contract for . . just as much as the player has a duty to perform to the best of their efforts if selected to play. I dont know anymore info but for the sakes of the Gilbey debate, why would he want to move house out of the London area to go to Lincoln? Makes sense to hold out for a move that suits his lifestyle. if the manager doesnt fancy him and he isn't selected all he can do is train each day and give 100%, the rest is out of his hands. 
    Its a tough game. I prefer the type of player who would want to play at the higher level.

• edited September 2022

So will it be bon jour or just bon voyage for Macauley Bonne, the striker who scores (occasionally)?

• Cosgrove Birmingham to Plymouth on loan. 
    Selling a striker?
  • edited September 2022
    Jephcott? That's my totally unfounded guess
  • edited September 2022
    the falaffelmeister / gunslinger has unfinished business - he's been in the priory for the last year and has now joined valley gold hoping to get aniother crack at the onion bag at the valley to exorcise some demons
  • I am not a huge fan, but did not know there were such strong negative feelings towards Bonne. Always thought he was a quite honest but limited footballer that knew where the goals were and we got lucky on a transfer fee once upon a time. Fcuk!! BONNEt de Douchebag…
  • Redrobo said:
    Cawley says Bonne being considered 
    If so then I'm out.
    Out of what?

You’d stop following the club for signing a player that you don’t personally rate?
    they won't risk losing him 
  • IdleHans said:
    Unless something has changed, there was a discussion, but ruled out, as better in a 2 than front 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• 13.17 Too much drama. Need more Sausage Doggers.
  • edited September 2022
    Redhenry said:
    jbaker said:
    I think the majority of people just forget these fellas are just young adults. Ok probably mid 20s but still young adults who are finding their way in life. So much more comes in to a move than just is what is seen on the surface. I wouldnt want to be living in a hotel week in week out with no friends and family around me at that age. They also need to go and fit in with a new group of players all with their own agenda/ego and im guessing this isnt always easy. Yes by all means im assuming most of us would love to be a footballer, but whats to say if we were we would love the game? To some its just a job they are lucky enough to be good at. Ive just turned 35 and in the football world at that age your too old and retiring . . Its a short career for them to set themselves up with . . .you cant blame them if a move doesnt suit what they want. Clubs have a duty to pay the player the sums they signed the contract for . . just as much as the player has a duty to perform to the best of their efforts if selected to play. I dont know anymore info but for the sakes of the Gilbey debate, why would he want to move house out of the London area to go to Lincoln? Makes sense to hold out for a move that suits his lifestyle. if the manager doesnt fancy him and he isn't selected all he can do is train each day and give 100%, the rest is out of his hands. 
    Its a tough game. I prefer the type of player who would want to play at the higher level.

I'm with you. It's totally up to people what they want to do with their lives and to make their own choices, and if you don't want to push yourself fair enough, but I want professional footballers who are driven and want to be the best they can be. With the Ben Watson revelation the other day and a number of players choosing if/when to turn up on the pitch for us, seems like we've had the wrong characters through the door in recent years. 
  • Bonne has plenty of suitors, and if I was him, I'd tell cafc to bugger off bearing in mind the abuse he gets.
    He wasn't great but he has enough extra pace to create issues for opposing defences.
  • jbaker said:
    mendonca said:
    Whoever it is was told last night the 5% was just the formality of the paperwork being signed. Player wants to come and agent has told all other interested parties it’s a done deal. Would imagine was completed early this morning and just awaiting official announcement etc. 
    that old trick... 
  • mendonca said:
    13.17 Too much drama. Need more Sausage Doggers.
    Doggers?
    Carry On GIFs  Tenor
  • Looks like I'm in the minority but I think we could do worse than Bonne. I'd still prefer some of the other names like Stockton but he's not as bad as some make out.

• Chunes said:
    Redhenry said:
    jbaker said:

I'm with you. It's totally up to people what they want to do with their lives and to make their own choices, and if you don't want to push yourself fair enough, but I want professional footballers who are driven and want to be the best they can be. With the Ben Watson revelation the other day and a number of players choosing if/when to turn up on the pitch for us, seems like we've had the wrong characters through the door in recent years. 
    What was the Ben Watson revelation?
  • I'm more interested in what an "agent looking bloke" looks like... :/
    Watch this https://youtu.be/qOqYk4VjC0s
  • IdleHans said:
    Unless something has changed, there was a discussion, but ruled out, as better in a 2 than front 3.

I'm sure you're right - I'm completely OTK