Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• If we sign Bonne, the meltdown on this forum could reach record breaking levels!!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    How would Bonne fit the playing style? Runs like he is wearing concrete boots and has the touch to match it
    Not sure if you've noticed but our current first choice striker isn't exactly quick. People seem to have it in their heads that Garner wants to play with a nippy centre forward, he's said from day 1 that Stockley has always been a part of his plan. It would make no sense now to suddenly change and go after a "Washington" type striker. 
  • Would like us to get Ferguson from Brighton on loan 
  • If we sign Bonne, the meltdown on this forum could reach record breaking levels!!
    Be great entertainment though, just the name drop from Cawley has sent people manic

Eating Popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • I’m definitely underwhelmed by Bonne, but not to the dramatic levels of many.

Stockley is better than Bonne, but I never really expected us to sign a new first choice striker that’s here to take Stockley’s place.  Also, could Bonne be on the heals of Stockley to the point where Stockley is pushed into upping his game, let’s see. 

Bonne Vs Aneke however, tough one, Aneke is a better player no question, but if Bonne can be available for the season whilst Aneke is only available for half of it then he could prove a better back up.  

Bonne, in my opinion, is a better option than Leko, so there’s another positive because I really thought there was a chance of him coming back before Bonne.  
  • Bonne is a finisher, he may be a bit erratic but if he's in the right place at the right time, he will score. This is exactly the type of finisher we need, with the wingers doing the hard work and slotting into the box for.someone to finish. I wouldn't be against Bonne coming back. Is he my first second or third choice for a new signing, no. But I guarantee he will score goals in our new system. Different style of play to what we had when he was here before
    Sorry, disagree. He missed more 1 on 1s than he scored.
  • Didn’t Bonne and his mrs both slag us off when he left? That on top of the fact 95% of fans think he’s a waste of space. Can’t see it happening personally.
    What did they say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    Didn’t Bonne and his mrs both slag us off when he left? That on top of the fact 95% of fans think he’s a waste of space. Can’t see it happening personally.
    What did they say?
    Whatever it was, it was probably in response to comments he got when he left from fans - Dont remember his departure being complimentary, but then fans dont like receiving it back. 
  • edited September 2022
    So a number of Club's are in for Bonne. I guess they must be as desperate as we are then!😂

We want a striker/forward/someone to play in an advanced position, preferably above ground and not in the hole, a true rather than false no 9, but we don't want a former player who's scored goals for us in the past and is of interest to our current manager, who believes he would suit his style of play and in whom, for the moment, I trust.

As @RedJohn said, if BG thinks he can do what he wants, that's fine by me too.
  • No way Garner is considering Bonne, i just refuse to believe it. Cawley getting is info from the Bonne side id imagine.
  • Wait didn’t everyone say bonne  was a great signing for Ipswich piss the league last season. 
  • Wouldn't be surprised if it was Bonnes agent stirring it up to get him out of QPR as there an article mentioning Oxford are heavily interested in him. 
  • swordfish said:
    So a number of Club's are in for Bonne. I guess they must be as desperate as we are then!😂

We want a striker/forward/someone to play in an advanced position, preferably above ground and not in the hole, a true rather than false no 9, but we don't want a former player who's scored goals for us in the past and is of interest to our current manager, who believes he would suit his style of play and in whom, for the moment, I trust.

As @RedJohn said, if BG thinks he can do what he wants, that's fine by me too.
    I very much doubt that Bonne is Garners 1st choice. 
    Or his 2nd, or 3rd. If I'm honest. 
  • Sign a striker …. But not that one 🤣🤣
  • Whilst not my first choice (or second, third…) I would take Bonne over nothing, especially if Garner thinks he’ll fit the system which Stockley plainly doesn’t. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He is established though...
  • Would like us to get Ferguson from Brighton on loan 

Think that would hinge on Brighton themselves signing a striker first but he'd be an absolutely fantastic signing. 
  • Chunes said:
    Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    Imagine turning down the town of Lincoln so you can play in Stevenage instead. I didn't know I could disrespect him any more, but here we are
    Or choosing a L2 move over a L1 one
    this says a lot for me, lacks hunger maybe
    To be honest, it seems from his own admission Gilbey has had some real issues with confidence since joining us. If going down a level and minimising your commute is the best way to build yourself back up and feel good about yourself when you wake up in the morning then that's the right move for you. We spend so much time talking about players pushing to be the absolute best but for some people just feeling good in their day to day life is important, and that's fine. He seems like a decent bloke, I hope he does the best thing for him
    And if he decides the best thing for him is to just stay in our reserves and see out his contract, stopping us from bringing in a player we need to mount a real challenge this season, would you be ok with that?

Was it not reported elsewhere that he recently bought a house in this area, so is unlikely to want to move too far. I believe Cawley said he wanted a club closer to home. Probably the main driver rather than building his confidence up. 
    I thought it was said he had recently bought in Colchester. I know he has lived around that area as my wife taught him as a teenager and he started his career with Col U.
  • _MrDick said:
    Sign a striker …. But not that one 🤣🤣
    I mean, very specifically not this one. I can't think of many who'd draw this kind of reaction 
  • se9addick said:
    Whilst not my first choice (or second, third…) I would take Bonne over nothing, especially if Garner thinks he’ll fit the system which Stockley plainly doesn’t. 
    Thats just it... By the sound of things we've got a couple of names we're looking at - Worst thing we can do is put all our efforts into signing one player, and ending up with no one if that falls through.
  • Personally I would take  Taylor back think he owes us big time .. and if he came back and scored 15/20 goals that got us promoted then the crowd would soon accept him again … you know how fickle fans are !!

Oh god not this again. There's absolutely no chance at all that Taylor is dropping back down to league one.
  • Wait didn’t everyone say bonne  was a great signing for Ipswich piss the league last season. 
    No
    Funny enough I was looking at the Ipswich forum to see what there thoughts on Bonne was, and did come across this thread where it seems like there are some very similar complaints to our transfer activity: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/541134/have-to-say-a-bit-concerned-with-how-the-end-of-the-window-is-looking...../#122

They don't seem to upset about Bonne: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/541168/what-time-is-macauley-bonne-arriving-at-the-portman-road-car-park-(n-t)/#9
  • Leuth said:
    _MrDick said:
    Sign a striker …. But not that one 🤣🤣
    I mean, very specifically not this one. I can't think of many who'd draw this kind of reaction 

👋 👋 👋 
  • Bonne for us scored 11 in 36 and that was coming straight out non league 
    At Ipswich last season scored 12 in 43 

roughly works out 1 in 3 … 
  • Bonne is a finisher, he may be a bit erratic but if he's in the right place at the right time, he will score. This is exactly the type of finisher we need, with the wingers doing the hard work and slotting into the box for.someone to finish. I wouldn't be against Bonne coming back. Is he my first second or third choice for a new signing, no. But I guarantee he will score goals in our new system. Different style of play to what we had when he was here before
    He had a worse return per shot than JS last season, I just don't get this "Bonne is a finisher" mantra. It can only be that his finishing is his best attribute, which says more about his all round game than his finishing.