Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    He fits what style of play? What fucking style? Jesus

TBF, garners team is good at creating chances, not necessarily finishing them.

#bienvenidosBonne
    #Bonnesback
    #BenBacksBonne
  • Bonne absolutely wouldn't be the answer to our issues up front. Would be a very poor move in my view. 
  • jbaker said:
    I think the majority of people just forget these fellas are just young adults. Ok probably mid 20s but still young adults who are finding their way in life. So much more comes in to a move than just is what is seen on the surface. I wouldnt want to be living in a hotel week in week out with no friends and family around me at that age. They also need to go and fit in with a new group of players all with their own agenda/ego and im guessing this isnt always easy. Yes by all means im assuming most of us would love to be a footballer, but whats to say if we were we would love the game? To some its just a job they are lucky enough to be good at. Ive just turned 35 and in the football world at that age your too old and retiring . . Its a short career for them to set themselves up with . . .you cant blame them if a move doesnt suit what they want. Clubs have a duty to pay the player the sums they signed the contract for . . just as much as the player has a duty to perform to the best of their efforts if selected to play. I dont know anymore info but for the sakes of the Gilbey debate, why would he want to move house out of the London area to go to Lincoln? Makes sense to hold out for a move that suits his lifestyle. if the manager doesnt fancy him and he isn't selected all he can do is train each day and give 100%, the rest is out of his hands. 
    Gilbey is a 27 year old, it's not as if he's 34 and thinking about life after football.

If he's going to only choose clubs for the next 7 years, based on being able to commute from Colchester, which is pretty cut off from the football world in terms of available options, then he's really going to restrict his career.
  • Redrobo said:
    Cawley says Bonne being considered 
    If so then I'm out.
  • So we’re loaning a forward who’s being kept out of a team we already beat, by an item furniture.  Classic Charlton..
  • MattF said:
    That's quite random, 2 clubs in the same town/city being linked with the same player. Especially as they are right next to each other!

Handy for Craig as he can visit both clubs in one visit...
  • I havent had an update from my source since yesterday, but if the above is correct that would suggest we have missed out on the permanent forward I was told about.

Personally I think Bonne would be a very poor signing. He works hard and will press well but his interplay and first touch are shocking.
    If we have got to Bonne, I assume we have exhausted Plan A, Plan B and are now on Plan zgbrfaefvhbhfwhfeoegfuywgefvwbelcib
  • Think Bonne would suit the new style better then Stockley .. he got better movement .

think there a lot worse we could get ?
  • Our recruitment team just can't quite get over their obsession  with ex-players can they. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    I’m really not sure if Bonne is what we’re looking for but that was then. This is now. More experienced than he was. New manager and teammates, who knows. His work rate is not in question but unless things have changed I’m not sure he’s technically good enough for Garnerball. We could probably do worse but I was really hoping for better. 
  • Bonne managed to score less than Jayden last season, despite being mainly a 'goalscorer' in nature, playing 10 more games than Stockley did, and in a team that finished higher up than us.
  • If Bonne signs , Sandgaard isn't serious about getting out of this shit league. 
  • Please no Bonne, don't need to hear his shit song again.
  • Not Bonne please, never go back just like we shouldn't have with Aneke. He's not good enough and always offside.
  • Pudds said:
    Richard Cawley has officially ruined my day
    C'mon, at least wait till 11.00pm tonight, then you can be officially pissed off.. ;)
  • Well at least those who kept banging on about ex players for some reason were right too.  
  • Scoham said:
    One of the clubs I suggested a few pages back 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m amazed any of you expected better than a Bonne level of striker .  We don’t have any money - the good ones will have gone elsewhere at this stage .  Garner is doing a great job with mainly last year’s squad.
  • Please no.. I really hope it isn't Bonne. Big step back! 
  • If Bonne is signed to start then im
    off for a stay in a 6th floor Russian hospital

if Bonne is signed as third choice behind chucks and stockley to play a squad role, I could come around to that
  • Not that I particularly want him back but I've never understood the massive hatred towards Bonne. He's a player we signed from a National League club and he went on to score as many goals in the Championship as Lyle Taylor did. He did it in 11 more games, but he also didn't get injured playing in some nothing international and then didn't mug us off at the end of the season when he needed him most. He ended up playing in a team composed of kids most of the time, getting supplied by Aiden McGeady, and Albie Morgan on the left of midfield with Oshilaja behind him. His goals were the only reason we were still in the conversation at the end of the season though. The winner against Leeds, goals that got points off Fulham and West Brom, two goals to win us the match against Bristol City on Boxing Day. He would have been the man who kept us up if we'd been able to defend properly for 30 more seconds against Birmingham, he held up his part of the deal against Brentford before our late collapse and his 92nd minute equaliser against WIgan meant survival was in our hands on the final day. If it wasn't for a ridiculous set of events across the games (Barnsley becoming Real Madrid in injury time for two weeks, Luton getting two own goals scored for them against Blackburn) then he would have been the person who scored the goals that kept a penniless team of cripples and children in the Championship while the entire club boiled away into civil war.
    But he missed a chance against Millwall and he said that Championship QPR being interested in him turned his head while he was in L1 on a Duchatelet contract. That bastard. I'm not convinced he's the best option available to us now but I'll never get my head around just how much some people seem to hate him when he provided a lot of the very few positive moments in a horrible season.
    I don't hate the guy at all, he's just not what we need for the way Garner wants to play.