Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Is Boyle a ball-playing centre half? 
    Much more Jason Pearce than O’Connell - Huddersfield fans can’t believe they signed him
  • Wouldn't be surprised if JFC is released if we don't sell him today. Makes sense to hold on to him whilst a fee is possible, but if contract clauses make him essentially unavailable for league games the can't see why we'd hold on to him once the change of a fee has gone.
    Difficult one... He's equally proven useful in the Cup competitions as a senior figure for some of the youngsters out there. 
  • Scoham said:
    Will prob go on a permanent and score the goal that knocks us out of the league cup. 
    We can only hope 
  • Boyle is good at this level but I don’t think he is what we need. We need another CB comfortable on the ball. We have Inniss and Lavelle which in league 1 you usually need 1 of them in your back 4. And then because of the style we play we need a ball-player next to them and we’ve only got one at the moment so that’s the type of CB we need. For that reason I’m expecting a young PL loan as they are more likely to be better on the ball 
  • Can I just say (and btw I put myself in the camp I am about to refer to from time to time sometimes too, so not digging anybody out personally) that we really should stop moaning and embrace rumours on a rumours page a bit more positively and for what they are. 

As for source info, when Duchatelet told us nothing, we moaned we wanted to hear more, when the Sandgaards share more openly, moaning that their sharing is unprofessional/crossing the line etc. Just leaves my head spinning and those sharing I suspect questioning why bother sharing? I certainly am. I enjoy hearing some insight into the goings on at the club having invested 35 years of my life supporting it and applaud those owning it for being more up front than most before. I am quite happy just talking with my lad about it as we are as potty mad about Charlton as one another, but if others are positively interested perhaps think twice about putting posters/sources of info off…by being critical. Those sources do read this site (not every post every day), but they are interested in the fan’s thoughts, feedback, views etc, so am sure will decide to go the other way and stay schtum if they are being roundly criticised on here for doing something we all wanted in the first place…🤦🏻‍♂️
    I'm not saying I don't agree with your post generally, but did people really moan that Roland told us nothing about transfer targets? Or what players we were actively trying to sell and whether the players had rejected moves? 
  • edited September 2022

Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Looking back I'm honestly surprised he could afford all that junk.
    The off licence is still waiting to be paid.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if JFC is released if we don't sell him today. Makes sense to hold on to him whilst a fee is possible, but if contract clauses make him essentially unavailable for league games the can't see why we'd hold on to him once the change of a fee has gone.
    Wouldn't he have to agree to that? Can't see us paying up the rest of his contract just to shift him out.
  • Can I just say (and btw I put myself in the camp I am about to refer to from time to time sometimes too, so not digging anybody out personally) that we really should stop moaning and embrace rumours on a rumours page a bit more positively and for what they are. 

As for source info, when Duchatelet told us nothing, we moaned we wanted to hear more, when the Sandgaards share more openly, moaning that their sharing is unprofessional/crossing the line etc. Just leaves my head spinning and those sharing I suspect questioning why bother sharing? I certainly am. I enjoy hearing some insight into the goings on at the club having invested 35 years of my life supporting it and applaud those owning it for being more up front than most before. I am quite happy just talking with my lad about it as we are as potty mad about Charlton as one another, but if others are positively interested perhaps think twice about putting posters/sources of info off…by being critical. Those sources do read this site (not every post every day), but they are interested in the fan’s thoughts, feedback, views etc, so am sure will decide to go the other way and stay schtum if they are being roundly criticised on here for doing something we all wanted in the first place…🤦🏻‍♂️
    Nice post. Like the lengthier and more emotional version of mine 10 minutes ago ;) 
  • edited September 2022
    Wouldn't be surprised if JFC is released if we don't sell him today. Makes sense to hold on to him whilst a fee is possible, but if contract clauses make him essentially unavailable for league games the can't see why we'd hold on to him once the change of a fee has gone.

Or probably he'll be loaned out and hope some interest comes along for a Jan sale as last chance for some dollar dollar bill y'all. 

Don't think it'll be worthwhile playing him if he's here, the match thread last night made it sound like he was just going through the motions.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Did somebody mention a cat?
    This cat is my granddaughters best friend, picture taken Sunday.
    The observant amongst you might see that Chloe the cat is indeed a red.

damn picture won’t load

• Football is a crazy business and a Chairman/Owner with money to spare will have seen the spectacular goal by Sean Clare against Plymouth, got his scout to do some research on his age, fitness etc and before you know it a bid of a Million pound with a big wage increase and another player joins the list of players who leave at the end of the window for Cafc. That's what might happen but as the person who said play Clare as an attacking RB for the last year I really hope not.

Mason Burstow scored a few goal as a teenager despite being bullied most games and he gets a million pound+ transfer to Chelsea.

The road back to the Championship is getting harder not easier as you lose players by not getting your 1st three choices in as other clubs may pay more, be in a higher division etc. Plus you lose young players or possibly player's like Clare or Dobson who have reinvented their selves in their 20's and are showing their worth as good team players.

Had conversations with Scouts, agents, coaches, players and heads of recruitment and the minefield that is football with its dog eats dog mentality is amazing. 

Good luck to Steve Gallen and Martin Sandgaard as you will need it. 
  • colthe3rd said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if JFC is released if we don't sell him today. Makes sense to hold on to him whilst a fee is possible, but if contract clauses make him essentially unavailable for league games the can't see why we'd hold on to him once the change of a fee has gone.
    Wouldn't he have to agree to that? Can't see us paying up the rest of his contract just to shift him out.
    I would keep hold of him , we are still in 4 competitions and he can play in various positions - LB , RB and MID , good experience for the academy players as well in things like the Pizza trophy. Injuries and suspensions to Clare , Sess , Dobson, Fraser can easily mount up and think he would be a good asset still at this level even from the bench. 
  • #Stevenage are closing in on a deal to sign Alex Gilbey from Charlton Athletic. 
    #CAFC #EFL

• Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Looking back I'm honestly surprised he could afford all that junk.
    He used his wife's nectar points.
  • Redhenry said:
    Good morning.

Here we go for transfer deadline day, or as it's known at Charlton, Thursday.

Seriously though, I fully expect at least one new signing. As for exits, I'd be happy if all three of those identified as surplus to requirements leave. In fact, if serious money is offered, I'd be happy for any of our number to leave, with one exception. I saw enough in the Cambridge game to conclude that George Dobson is too important to us to lose.

If JFC remains, I'd like to see him given a run as LB.
    too slow

Agree.
    Both Matthews and Purrington were decent players but were limited because of their lack of pace. The reason why I wanted Clare at RB (I have never seen Mandela Egbo play) is because he has the abilities to play that position which needs speed as an attacking RB.
    JFC doesn't have pace and LB and RB need mobility in those positions as the remit has demanded more.
  • Sponsored links:

• May I be the first person to moan about the people moaning about the moaners?
    Only if I can be the first to moan about the people moaning about the people moaning about the people moaning about the moaners...

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    jbaker said:
    Feel like MS is very easy to get on with and enjoys talking to fans about the club. Definitely seemed frustrated about the lack of outgoings.
    He (as part of the SMT football team) gave JFC a contract less than 3 months ago.  Which they didn't have to.  Now they want rid and nobody wants him.......
    After paying his medical bills after 2 ACL injuries the club are entitled to try and get money for him. 

Who said nobody wants him anywho? Could be the same as Gilbey where he just wont move. 
    Martin Saandgard said to jbaker last night there have been no enquiries.   I read other posts before commenting 😉
    Haha Ill admit I skim read as nothing usually relevant! The trying to recoup a fee for him still makes sense though and as someone else said, he would be a cheap squad player at least. 
    I felt when BG came in that JFC would be a player that would thrive in a footballing system, but from the early friendlies he looked slow and ponderous in possession IMO. I can see why you would think it would work and I can see why it hasn't and perhaps those in the SMT fell into the same traps.

There are always players that look amazing for one manager and like they are robbing a living elsewhere. We have signed our fair share!
  • ...and there we were always hearing that Gilbs was one of the best midfielders in the league. Player of the season at his former club too you know!!
  • edited September 2022
    Sausagedog knows his onions.