Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• So the important thing for me today is we don’t lose any of our performing or up and coming talent, and we don’t bring in for the sake of it what turns out to be a needless loan (Nile John, Juan Castillo) 
  • Surely Martin Sandgaard isn't going around freely dropping all that info including which clubs are in for who and how much money it would take.

Great to have open engagement on a high level basis but again where is the awareness of the line?
  • PWADDICK said:

Understand that not to be correct

We've completed 4 for 2 players.
    Does that mean completed two deals?
  • Surely Martin Sandgaard isn't going around freely dropping all that info including which clubs are in for who and how much money it would take.

Great to have open engagement on a high level basis but again where is the awareness of the line?
    Depends on how confident they are of getting players over the line.. No point withholding information on deadline day anyway.. Early in the window I would agree. 
  • PWADDICK said:

Directly below this tweet was another from Cawley regarding Isaac Olaofe of Millwall, saying he’s had plenty of loan and permanent offers from league one 👀 
  • Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    jbaker v cel cel - the showdown - who’s been mugged off and who’s ITK - live from the Charlton Life transfer rumours arena on final day - Barry Hearne would be proud of this 
    Cawley’s tweet pushes jbaker into an early lead.

My guess is both were accurate at the time and this is probably a case of things changing since CEL got his info.
    yeah you're probably right but cel was a bit arsey the other day so lets see if his news was a crock of shit - part of the territory of being an ITK i'm afraid - he may still be proved right - hope not   
  • PWADDICK said:

Directly below this tweet was another from Cawley regarding Isaac Olaofe of Millwall, saying he’s had plenty of loan and permanent offers from league one 👀 
    Don’t mean to kick start the bickering in here (who am I kidding I love it) but he fits the model and his goal scoring record for a kid isn’t too shabby.  
  • Sponsored links:

Bit odd when we've heard about Tommy wanting a tighter ship with less leaks, for his boy to just chat so openly. 

Wait, we've just found the mole?!?!? 
  • Crusty54 said:

Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Thomas, Steve Gallen and Ron Dangerfield were eating a proper meal in Club 1905 last night.

I had the Chicken Balti which was very good.
    Did you find out who the fourth man at the table was, or what they were eating if it wasn't sausages?
  • jbaker said:
    😂 fuck me no wonder I mostly just read this forum and don’t post a lot. . . In all seriousness I’ve had a number of decent chats over the last 12 months with Martin Sandgaard and he was who told me last night after the game. He was quite open with the information. I made a point of saying the fan base thought it was the other way round saying the defender was a done deal and striker/forward was a bit further off. . . .

He was actually telling a few other fans the same thing and is really approachable about our transfer dealings. Just posting what I was told as from the way it was put across to me he wanted the fans to know what was happening.

i made a point of saying can you not leave any announcement until 11pm so we can all get some sleep as to which he said no it will be earlier in the day!

if some1 bids 2m for Clare then we might be in trouble! 
    No upside in posting what you hear, unfortunately

Especially when so many on here give Thomas credit for "keeping his cards close to his chest" and "playing poker with the agents" when he plays things down in SLP interviews.

Laughable

• PWADDICK said:

Don’t mean to kick start the bickering in here (who am I kidding I love it) but he fits the model and his goal scoring record for a kid isn’t too shabby.  
    Can’t see it being him, 8 goals in L2 last season doesn’t seem like the type of player we’d bring in  to seriously challenge Stockley.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Surely Martin Sandgaard isn't going around freely dropping all that info including which clubs are in for who and how much money it would take.

Depends on how confident they are of getting players over the line.. No point withholding information on deadline day anyway.. Early in the window I would agree. 
    I meant more on the outgoing side really. The incoming is good if they are confident but do we really want to be making public from the horse's mouth that X player doesn't want to go to Y club even though they will be paid more than here? Bit odd to me.
  • DOUCHER said:
    CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oh and a few tactical words from TS 
    I have very little faith in our owner at the moment, but for now he is delivering on the style of play he said he wanted.
    in came Garner and he’s put together a team so far that is delivering that. 
    If we get the two over the line today, then let him do his little chat. It is irritating but if it’s happening on the pitch I’ll stomach his chit chat.
    Agreed - he only cuts and pastes what I say on here anyway so as long as he’s doing that I’m fine with it 
    Probably explains why so many fans thinks he a twat then.

Sorry but that was just to much of an open goal to miss 😀😀😀😀
    no probs - as long as he and garner and me are aligned, we'll be ok - you'll thank me one day       
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Can’t see it being him, 8 goals in L2 last season doesn’t seem like the type of player we’d bring in  to seriously challenge Stockley.
    Me neither tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Whilst I agree in part if it is a permanent signing then it kind of makes sense, 1 in 3 record at 22 is decent. But we don't want a loanee that we have to teach about the game unless they are already mustard like Rak-Sakyi.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Surely Martin Sandgaard isn't going around freely dropping all that info including which clubs are in for who and how much money it would take.

I meant more on the outgoing side really. The incoming is good if they are confident but do we really want to be making public from the horse's mouth that X player doesn't want to go to Y club even though they will be paid more than here? Bit odd to me.
    Yes that, part is odd, and not very professional. 
  • jbaker said:
    Feel like MS is very easy to get on with and enjoys talking to fans about the club. Definitely seemed frustrated about the lack of outgoings.
    He's not the only one 
  • Leuth said:
    jbaker said:
    Feel like MS is very easy to get on with and enjoys talking to fans about the club. Definitely seemed frustrated about the lack of outgoings.
    He's not the only one 
    Yeah... Cant wait for DJ to go out on loan ;) 
  • supaclive said:
    jbaker said:
    He (as part of the SMT football team) gave JFC a contract less than 3 months ago.  Which they didn't have to.  Now they want rid and nobody wants him.......
    After paying his medical bills after 2 ACL injuries the club are entitled to try and get money for him. 

Who said nobody wants him anywho? Could be the same as Gilbey where he just wont move. 
  • Good morning.

Here we go for transfer deadline day, or as it's known at Charlton, Thursday.

Seriously though, I fully expect at least one new signing. As for exits, I'd be happy if all three of those identified as surplus to requirements leave. In fact, if serious money is offered, I'd be happy for any of our number to leave, with one exception. I saw enough in the Cambridge game to conclude that George Dobson is too important to us to lose.

If JFC remains, I'd like to see him given a run as LB.