Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• jbaker said:
    Yann897 said:
    jbaker said:
    Ok so been told some information tonight:

Striker 95% done. . . Experienced at this level and has pace. Loan deal. Won’t be a last minute announcement tomorrow.

Working on a centre half. Needs a few things to fall in to place to happen.

Outgoings:

Gilbey didn’t want to go to Lincoln, no other offers in.

C Mcg offered more money than he is on here by Wrexham but turned it down. 

JFC: no offers and probably stays

Miles Leaburn. Champ club interested but knocked back.

Sean Clare. Agent looked for a move but club want to build around him. Has a figure he will move for but nowhere near what has been muted so far. 
    Completely different to what covered_end_lad said , will be interesting to see who will be right. 
    You could say direct from the horses mouth. . .
    Shergar?
  • jbaker said:
    Yann897 said:
    jbaker said:

Striker 95% done. . . Experienced at this level and has pace. Loan deal. Won’t be a last minute announcement tomorrow.

Outgoings:

Sean Clare. Agent looked for a move but club want to build around him. Has a figure he will move for but nowhere near what has been muted so far. 
    Completely different to what covered_end_lad said , will be interesting to see who will be right. 
    Mr Ed? 
  • jbaker said:

Outgoings:

Very specific, if these come off you take redhenrys place at the top of the itk leaderboard 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

Would love it to be someone like Harry Cornick from Luton.
    I loved his 2004 album "Only You' . Didn't know he is also a baller.
  • The Horses mouth. No way to speak about a female in this era.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

Very specific, if these come off you take redhenrys place at the top of the itk leaderboard 
    Good stuff but can’t be right coz it’s impossible to sign a striker experienced at league 1 level with pace - they only ever move to a higher division - a few on here last night can explain why 
  • Wonder what 'won't be a last minute announcement' means? Will we be waiting till the last second.
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

Good stuff but can’t be right coz it’s impossible to sign a striker experienced at league 1 level with pace - they only ever move to a higher division - a few on here last night can explain why 

If we're paying a decent fee then it becomes possible, the assumption is we weren't going to be. And experienced at this level tends to mean they probably weren't topping the scoring charts unless they're old.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

If we're paying a decent fee then it becomes possible, the assumption is we weren't going to be. And experienced at this level tends to mean they probably weren't topping the scoring charts unless they're old.
    Exactly but you will have more luck explaining algebra to my cat.
    I have no problem understanding either of your logic but your both wrong however many caveats you keep adding 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

I have no problem understanding either of your logic but your both wrong however many caveats you keep adding 

For the record I never said it was impossible yesterday but we will not be signing someone who has scored a shit load in this division recently unless we do pay a good fee, which I of course hope we do.
  • edited August 2022
    jbaker said:

Working on a centre half. Needs a few things to fall in to place 
    Completely opposite to what another poster said earlier.

Then it was a defender on loan that was tte done deal & a striker on permanent that was almost done.

Edit. Just seen this was covered a bit earlier. 

Someone is talking bollox. 

• jbaker said:

Then it was a defender on loan that was tte done deal & a striker on permanent that was almost done.

ITK’s ain’t what they used to be !!!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

It's you that keep moving the goal posts.

• Someone is talking bollox. 

I cannot believe that could happen on such a forthright and upstanding forum such as this

(… but it is going to be fun finding out who was right and wrong!)
  • Leko has pace 
    And experience at this level
    And it's a loan

Oh dear
  • Jonniesta said:
    Jonniesta said:
    MacG and Gilbey on their way out then?!  Can’t say I’m too bothered.  Wollacott much better and never really rated Gilbey myself.  
    Perhaps. I worry about having Harness as our senior back up personally. Reckon that means Gilbey's out negotiating somewhere, think he's on his way out.
    Don’t think I’ve seen Harness play tbf.  I’m only concerned about the fact our number 1 is away for a 6 week period, can he cut it then
    Seen him only 3 times... 1 pre-season, one paint pot, and Ipswich. Showed promise in the first but made an error for the goal, was good in the 2nd, was overwhelmed in the 3rd. Definitely a good keeper there, but as you say it's the 6 week gap and just generally League One play.
    Wouldn’t it only be 6 weeks if your team progresses through the tournament? Should be all over after the group stage?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    jbaker said:
    Yann897 said:
    jbaker said:

Outgoings:

Mr Ed? 
    Hoof Hearted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard much the same as jbaker tonight, but forward rather than striker used - versatile rather than one which can play in a 2 only…

CH had been the priority but one slipped away and though something being worked on, may not happen as also contingent on players out. Finding it hard to shift it would appear. Will be an interesting deadline day at least.
  • edited August 2022
    LTKapal said:
    If only there was a list to keep track of which people are successfully ITK… if only…
    We might have done, had we not had posters slinging abuse at what was meant to be a bit of fun. 

From memory Redhenry, Covered_End_Lad, ButtleJR, Cafc43v3r have all posted consistently good info in the recent past.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    LTKapal said:
    If only there was a list to keep track of which people are successfully ITK… if only…
    We might have done, had we not had posters slinging abuse at what was meant to be a bit of fun. 

For what it’s worth I enjoyed it 😢
    not as much as the takeover thread but that’s hard to top!
  • jbaker said:

Edit. Just seen this was covered a bit earlier. 

Someone is talking bollox. 

“Someone is talking bollox.”
    You don’t say.🤨
  • edited August 2022
    Bonne and Taylor both experienced at this level, available for loan... And quick?? Maybe.  Aggghh. Hope not to both.
  • supaclive said:
    Leko has pace 
    And it's a loan

Oh dear
    posting without reading the last what 300 hundred odd messages..

what if... maybe... possibly...

someone who was crap last year might ACTUALLY work in this new set up?
  • edited September 2022
    supaclive said:
    Leko has pace 
    And it's a loan

Oh dear
    posting without reading the last what 300 hundred odd messages..

what if... maybe... possibly...

someone who was crap last year might ACTUALLY work in this new set up?
    Quick recap of an earlier post: The Leko thing started as a joke. He's come off the bench three times for Brum this season. He would almost certainly be better wide right in this system than he was at RWB and Striker in a pair with Burstow last season. He wants the ball to feet, not to run from out to in in behind defenses, so his style would overlap a lot with DJ and CBT, plus he'd be competing with JRS. We have CBT, JRS, Kirk, DJ, Leaburn, Payne, and Clayden who are all senior players who can play on the flanks. 

Seems like a lovely lad. I really hope he figures something out with Birmingham this year. They play with wingbacks and two up top so I fear he's not that well suited to their system either. But I don't think him coming back makes sense for anyone at this point.
  • Ronnie Schwartz played once at this level did he not. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    If we're getting a loan striker I'm going to have a random final guess at Stephen Humphrys  from Wigan.

That could make sense, although it wouldn't fit the versatile forward described above. 

But Wigan have Magennis, Ashley Fletcher, and Nathan Broadhead, and Wigan play 4-2-3-1. Humphrys has consistently made the bench in the league but hasn't made an appearance since the second match of the season. So think it's very possible he's available.

I think of him as more of a target man, but I haven't seen much of him. Not a great goal scoring record, but I don't know how consistently he's been first choice.

SDAddick Verdict: I'd take him if Garner feels he's mobile and technically good enough