Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Come on rock god - time to deliver !!!
  • Be interesting to see if any off DJ , JFC and Gilbey feature tonight ?
    No CM and Gilbey, JFC and DJ start.

• MacG and Gilbey on their way out then?!  Can’t say I’m too bothered.  Wollacott much better and never really rated Gilbey myself.  
    Perhaps. I worry about having Harness as our senior back up personally. Reckon that means Gilbey's out negotiating somewhere, think he's on his way out.
  • A loan can happen easily with the player playing tonight. In fact a club might prefer him to do so. But they might not know our crockage %.
  • Jonniesta said:
    MacG and Gilbey on their way out then?!  Can’t say I’m too bothered.  Wollacott much better and never really rated Gilbey myself.  
    Perhaps. I worry about having Harness as our senior back up personally. Reckon that means Gilbey's out negotiating somewhere, think he's on his way out.
    Don’t think I’ve seen Harness play tbf.  I’m only concerned about the fact our number 1 is away for a 6 week period, can he cut it then
  • Jonniesta said:
    MacG and Gilbey on their way out then?!  Can’t say I’m too bothered.  Wollacott much better and never really rated Gilbey myself.  
    Don’t think I’ve seen Harness play tbf.  I’m only concerned about the fact our number 1 is away for a 6 week period, can he cut it then
    Seen him only 3 times... 1 pre-season, one paint pot, and Ipswich. Showed promise in the first but made an error for the goal, was good in the 2nd, was overwhelmed in the 3rd. Definitely a good keeper there, but as you say it's the 6 week gap and just generally League One play.
  • edited August 2022
    Jonniesta said:
    The last round of PL fixtures are on November 12th, so I'm guessing that weekend (Burton away) will be Wollacott's last game with us before he goes to Qatar.

Following that, we have a league match on 19/11 at Port Vale and again on 3/12 at home against Cheltenham.

Unless Ghana progress from their group, Ghana's last game should be on 2/12 against Uruguay. I would hope Joe could be back in time for the game against Morecambe on 10/12 if that was the case and only miss two league matches.

(If they did get out of the group, you'd think he misses that 10/12 game as well but unless they're in the semi finals, he'd be back for 17/12 against Bristol Rovers at the Valley.)
  • Jonniesta said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Seen him only 3 times... 1 pre-season, one paint pot, and Ipswich. Showed promise in the first but made an error for the goal, was good in the 2nd, was overwhelmed in the 3rd. Definitely a good keeper there, but as you say it's the 6 week gap and just generally League One play.
    Fair doos, not fussed about the errors from youngsters pope made loads of howlers with us, perhaps we’ll take a gamble on him in November then.  
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    Fingers crossed therer's more excitement than just one loan defender coming in.
    It’s getting tense - I still believe we can sign an established forward who fits our system - a lot say it’s impossible, it can’t be done, never has  been done - I’m reading comics? dreaming too big and should be happy with a centre back / left sided job lot but no, I’m after the missing link - the final piece of the jigsaw - I’m praying cel cel is wrong and this striker will improve our first 11, not just our squad 🙏🤞👍
    I don't think we are signing a striker.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    It’s getting tense - I still believe we can sign an established forward who fits our system - a lot say it’s impossible, it can’t be done, never has  been done - I’m reading comics? dreaming too big and should be happy with a centre back / left sided job lot but no, I’m after the missing link - the final piece of the jigsaw - I’m praying cel cel is wrong and this striker will improve our first 11, not just our squad 🙏🤞👍
    As long as he bangs in 30 goals I don’t care what he’s called to be honest
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    I’ve got a nasty feeling u might be right 
  • I thought the construction industry was meant to be booming atm! No breaks/phones and all that!
  • Somebody is eating with Thomas, Steve Gallen and Ron Dangerfield in Club 1905 at The Valley just now. Don’t recognise him. 
  • Oof JFC - That's gotta smart... Lost
    his place to the new boy.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Jonniesta said:
    During November we only have 2 league games. I think there is also rounds 1 & 2 of the FA Cup. Woolacott shouldn't miss too many matches. 
  • Clare is at the game tonight. Would suggest he isn’t going anywhere? Same as Stockley. 
  • mendonca said:
    I thought the construction industry was meant to be booming atm! No breaks/phones and all that!
    Me? People know not to bother me in the closing stages of a transfer window 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    A loan can happen easily with the player playing tonight. In fact a club might prefer him to do so. But they might not know our crockage %.
    Clubs might be there watching to assess fitness and performance.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    So 51 minutes before this message , everything is positive re forward now not.
    what has changed your mind.

For me I still believe forward coming in.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    So 51 minutes before this message , everything is positive re forward now not.
    what has changed your mind.

For me I still believe forward coming in.
    Foward yes, upgrade/direct replacement for Stockley not likely. 
  • Probably looking for someone who'll be able to interchange with the wingers so there is never someone permanently down the middle. Our formation looks anything but rigid

Just look at how Clayden gets forward with Kirk sitting down the left at times.
  • Not that it means much but I see Scully came off the bench for Lincoln yesterday
  • edited August 2022
  • Scoham said:
    Not that it means much but I see Scully came off the bench for Lincoln yesterday
    Did he replace Mulder?
  • Scoham said:
    Not that it means much but I see Scully came off the bench for Lincoln yesterday
    Things are getting strange, I am starting to worry, this could be a case for...
  • TS interview about deadline day on Charlton TV.

”Still looking to make one possibly two additions to the team”
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Things are getting strange, I am starting to worry, this could be a case for...
    …Watson and Pratley