Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    CAFC Deadline day bingo:

Slams shut
    Couldn’t get it over the line
    We were very close
    One or two
    He felt it wasn’t right for him
    Loan window opens soon
    We wish him all the best
    Exciting young players pushing to be involved
    Happy with the squad overall

keohane cut the fax line 
    we'll need to get him some minutes 
    his surgical boot isn't a big issue
    silly money
    pathway 
    one or two options 
    had a sore throat for the last week but soldiered on 
    bodies in the building
    in those positions
    been in regular contact
    over to Ben   
    Could be an inspiration to the one legged community
  • Defender a loan, forward a perm.
    No names?
  • Defender is done, probably announced tomorrow.

Forward is close but as others have said depends on outgoings.

Both good players at this level and improve our squad for sure.
    Thanks for sharing. Both good players at this level suggests they played at this level last season?
    Is the loan from the Championship or Premier League? 
  • Scoham said:
    Defender is done, probably announced tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing. Both good players at this level suggests they played at this level last season?
    The forward did, the defender didn’t. 
    Rules out McKirdy and a couple of others then 
  • My only concern with the forward is that other clubs at this level are also interested and we are reliant on shifting a player or two to make it happen.
    is the forward established, over the hill or a youth ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there some sort of fair play thing that means we need to move a player on to bring one in, or is it down to TS wanting to balance the books? If it’s the latter I should imagine he’ll do a deal regardless as its clear from the recent statement that he’s fully aware we need a striker 
  • edited August 2022
    Can someone please wake me up when the bed-wetting has officially started.

Thanks. 

One of the worse words ever used on CL:
    I'm still proud of being along with Muttley and Lancs lad one of the few who saw the Charlatan Matthew Southall for what he is  was when others were still blowing smoke up his arse. 

I'm a realist and I know under the present set up the Premier League has long since gone and just to get back to the Championship will be difficult, and to stay there for more than one season after we lose the best of our young talent, (remember Joe Aribo) will be tough. 

I feel we were whistle blowers from the outside and breaking news for the naive middle age fans. The emails that have been coming from West Africa for 30 years are frauds; I only got involved with the Nigerian guy as I had a link with the Country in my childhood !

Thomas Sandgaard is his own man and has learnt a lot in the last 14 months but like all adopted American businessmen he won't ran Cafc like a charity or a philanthropist.
    We have to take some statements with a pinch of salt but being optimistic is his trait and he has wound it in a tad since the Europe talk after 5 years !

Can only 🤞until the window shuts as we are caught up in the mediocre quagmire of League 1.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Defender a loan, forward a perm.
    is the forward established, over the hill or a youth ? 
    Having seen your definition of established then fuck knows, all three at once probably.
    ok  - let's use your definition then if thats easier for you     
  • Will Boyle available for loan from Huddersfield might be our defender?
  • Will Boyle available for loan from Huddersfield might be our defender?
    Would be a strange one considering they just signed him
  • edited August 2022
    Will Boyle available for loan from Huddersfield might be our defender?
    Didn't he play at this level last season?

Be surprised if he is because he went there to go "home". 
  • Interesting to read on the Sunderland site that Alex Neill wanted to sign Stockley but was blocked by the board.
    https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jayden-stockley.1588139/
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    £600k!! No wonder Stockton hasn’t moved yet. Teams leaving it to the 11th hour to test Morecombe’s resolve. 
    With a price tag like that, this is why the lad hasn't moved yet. However, I think the suggested £300k-ish plus promotion addon-on could be where we might land on this deal. I still hold out hope that we can do a deal, particularly since he has less than a year on his contract and he can do for a free.

I feel like every player we're looking at has some element of risk. Sam Smith scored a hattrick vs. the team that is now bottom of the league - great time to score it, before the end of a transfer window. I wonder if we'd have even been considering him if he hadn't scored those goals when he did. He's bundled around on loan for a while and now seems to be happiest to have gone to Cambridge permanently after being there on loan before. In the very recent game vs. them, I don't remember him being particularly tricky or useful, but it was his header that contributed to the goal. I have reservations about his quality and I think the resale would more likely be to another L1 club below us in the future. I also think that Cambridge would probably want something stupid like £500k too.

Stockton is the one that impressed me the most last season. I think he's worth it, but the resale is nominal. Not every player should be seen as an investment for the future - sometimes, you need to get players for the now.
  • Interesting to read on the Sunderland site that Alex Neill wanted to sign Stockley but was blocked by the board.
    https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jayden-stockley.1588139/
    One comment on there to the effect that the Charlton fans unanimously love him. You're about a month out of date with that mate 
  • edited August 2022

perhaps not getting games at Coventry so recalled to go on loan somewhere else.

Obviously not to Charlton as we won't take a Palace player and we don't need a left sided defender, just a striker.

We're into the bollock tingle zone - or at least I am.

This has nothing to do with my morning Original Source Mint + Tea Tree shower.
    Original source shower gel or not I reckon we're still mired in the same load of old bollocks zone
    Rehashed empty phrases on repeat
    Signings are reliant on an egomaniac ballbag with no clue about running a 3rd division football club.

I like the direct debit Likes you have with the Management of CL.

I may wait until the the deals come to fruition to add to your collection but thanks for sharing your insider knowledge.

• perhaps not getting games at Coventry so recalled to go on loan somewhere else.

Obviously not to Charlton as we won't take a Palace player and we don't need a left sided defender, just a striker.
    Cant get into Covs team apparently.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    MattF said:
    Mentions Gilbey, JFC and CM could all still go too.

Can see the sense in DJ out and a striker who can play wide coming in.
    We already have enough players who can play wide in the squad

Kirk, JRS, CBT plus Leaburn and Payne who have played there this season already.
    I agree, I want someone who’s firstly a striker rather than a winger who can play up front.

However given we want one with pace it’s likely have some ability to play wide too. It makes more sense than a pure poacher or another target man.

Another interesting thing about Sam Smith is he’s left footed. He could give both Stockley and JRS competition. Our left winger in Kirk or CBT is then more of a creator, with the main goal threats coming from the striker and right winger.
    This.

We have enough wingers/wide forwards  - we need an out & out striker. Someone (like TS stated) who can run in behind defences & not struggle to get into the box 5 seconds after releasing the ball (Stockley)

Is the forward a free transfer or for a fee ?
  • Notice the use of the word foward, not striker.