Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• CAFC Deadline day bingo:

Slams shut
    Couldn’t get it over the line
    We were very close
    One or two
    He felt it wasn’t right for him
    Loan window opens soon
    We wish him all the best
    Exciting young players pushing to be involved
    Happy with the squad overall

"We accepted the offer as the fee met our value of the player, and the deal was right for the health of the club moving forward."
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Notice the use of the word foward, not striker.
    Smith fits that description as he’s played on the right, though Scully could be another possibility.
  • Interesting to read on the Sunderland site that Alex Neill wanted to sign Stockley but was blocked by the board.
    https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jayden-stockley.1588139/
    Perhaps Stockley will go to Stoke then? It might be worth keeping an eye on Stockley's movements in the next 24 hours.

Stockley out for £600k, Stockton in for £200k?
  • My only concern with the forward is that other clubs at this level are also interested and we are reliant on shifting a player or two to make it happen.
    hmm. Not sure about that
  • Forward makes me wonder if it could be Scully who has played centrally before 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Smith fits that description as he’s played on the right, though Scully could be another possibility.
    Scully with one of ours plus cash maybe?
  • Happy with calibre of forward for those who know him? Hope we don't miss out and get Bogle instead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Forward that’s played at this level…. Hmm.

Welcome back Lyle Taylor!

He meant last season...

Welcome back Joe Dodoo!
  • Tbh if we are actually going to spend money on a striker / forward that played in L1 last season then of all the names mentioned I think I'd take Udoh.
  • Maybe it could be Scully, and certainly fit's the bill.. But I would have thought he is out of our budget, he would be close to 750K

If it is him, we would have had a good window. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    Tbh if we are actually going to spend money on a striker / forward that played in L1 last season then of all the names mentioned I think I'd take Udoh.
    injured apparantly
  • Jac_52 said:
    Tbh if we are actually going to spend money on a striker / forward that played in L1 last season then of all the names mentioned I think I'd take Udoh.
    I think he’d be the best but got injured on Saturday and I’ve seen one rumour it was his ACL. So we will probably sign him! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

perhaps not getting games at Coventry so recalled to go on loan somewhere else.

Obviously not to Charlton as we won't take a Palace player and we don't need a left sided defender, just a striker.
    Cant get into Covs team apparently.
    No one can tbf, they don't ever fulfil their fixtures  :D
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    My only concern with the forward is that other clubs at this level are also interested and we are reliant on shifting a player or two to make it happen.
    Thank you for sharing info.. Heard they are going to press forward even if they can't shift, worst case would be release a player tomorrow. 
    That's a statement - if we released a player and had to pay out their contract, would that not affect our salary/budget issue? Or does that include wages ONLY?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    My only concern with the forward is that other clubs at this level are also interested and we are reliant on shifting a player or two to make it happen.
    Thank you for sharing info.. Heard they are going to press forward even if they can't shift, worst case would be release a player tomorrow. 
    That's a statement - if we released a player and had to pay out their contract, would that not affect our salary/budget issue? Or does that include wages ONLY?
    It depends on the player, on how much they are going to be paid off I believe. But I don't think we are anywhere near the FFP.. More the fact TS has set a budget and wants to stick to it...
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Smith

Randomly selected (:wink:) forward

• Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:

Only way that could work is if the player accepted far less than the rest of their contract otherwise may as well keep them if we're paying them in full and I don't see how a compromise agreement wouldn't contribute towards any fair play caps.
  • Fingers crossed therer's more excitement than just one loan defender coming in.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Smith

Randomly selected (:wink:) forward

Second one being Scully?

Smith is a striker/right winger on other sites. He started on the right on Saturday.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    It depends on the player, on how much they are going to be paid off I believe. But I don't think we are anywhere near the FFP.. More the fact TS has set a budget and wants to stick to it...
    So we're playing with the terminology of the budget that our own owner set us then instead haha
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    So we're playing with the terminology of the budget that our own owner set us then instead haha
    You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run
    You never count your money
    When you're sittin' at the table
    There'll be time enough for countin'
    When the dealin's done
  • After how much TS has been banging on about financial stability, I cannot imagine him spending north of £500k (or even £400k) on a single player.

Would love to be wrong (particularly for an exciting player), but I sincerely doubt it.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If we pay JFC off tomorrow it will be the most Charlton thing ever.  Probably buy him back in January...

Although it probably is the best solution for all concerned at this stage.
  • edited August 2022
    It will also be interesting if any younger players go out on EFL loans this week, or whether we will just use the flexibility that NL loans give.

Indeed that's been an unfortunate consequence of the transfer windows, as the likes of Henry or Ness might have benefited from a L2 loan in say October when we have a fuller squad.