Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    TS interview about deadline day on Charlton TV.

”Still looking to make one possibly two additions to the team”
    Just a video of the interview/update they posted yesterday I presume
  • I remember Boyle when Cheltenham played us last season. Ugly sod easy to remember. Seemed to hold it together for them but doubt it's him we are getting. 
  • edited August 2022
    One of the defenders Huddersfield are apparently after is Helik at Barnsley. And with Boyle’s former manager now with the Tykes, that swap might make the most sense for all parties.

He’s a potential option though.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    Fingers crossed therer's more excitement than just one loan defender coming in.
    It’s getting tense - I still believe we can sign an established forward who fits our system - a lot say it’s impossible, it can’t be done, never has  been done - I’m reading comics? dreaming too big and should be happy with a centre back / left sided job lot but no, I’m after the missing link - the final piece of the jigsaw - I’m praying cel cel is wrong and this striker will improve our first 11, not just our squad 🙏🤞👍
    I don't think we are signing a striker.
    I’ve got a nasty feeling u might be right 
    So 51 minutes before this message , everything is positive re forward now not.
    what has changed your mind.

For me I still believe forward coming in.
    Pessimism mainly 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    Fingers crossed therer's more excitement than just one loan defender coming in.
    It’s getting tense - I still believe we can sign an established forward who fits our system - a lot say it’s impossible, it can’t be done, never has  been done - I’m reading comics? dreaming too big and should be happy with a centre back / left sided job lot but no, I’m after the missing link - the final piece of the jigsaw - I’m praying cel cel is wrong and this striker will improve our first 11, not just our squad 🙏🤞👍
    I don't think we are signing a striker.
    I’ve got a nasty feeling u might be right 
    So 51 minutes before this message , everything is positive re forward now not.
    what has changed your mind.

For me I still believe forward coming in.
    Foward yes, upgrade/direct replacement for Stockley not likely. 
    We want a forward nothing like stockley 
  • One of the defenders Huddersfield are apparently after is Helik at Barnsley. And with Boyle’s former manager now with the Tykes, that swap might make the most sense for all parties.

He’s a potential option though.
    Would allow him to not physically move as well. 
  • Can we try not clog this thread up with talk about defenders please - mods !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not so sure - think if that was the case, then he'd be playing tonight
  • One possibly two.....oh no Thomas..... that sounds like one less than the two mentioned yesterday.....
  • I'm not so sure - think if that was the case, then he'd be playing tonight
    Agree, if that many clubs are interested we’ll be taking our time to get the best deal.
  • Well if we don't mind taking a gamble there's a young lad up at City whose doing okay, Haaland or something? Don't know if he passes the CL height test though and never done it in League One before.
  • thenewbie said:
    Well if we don't mind taking a gamble there's a young lad up at City whose doing okay, Haaland or something? Don't know if he passes the CL height test though and never done it in League One before.
    I was going to have a quick scout tonight but they subed him as our game finished.  Brought some lad Kevin de something on.  Manager obviously doesn't fancy him if he is on the bench, could be worth asking about. 
  • I thought TS comments regarding a forward were quite positive. At least he's actually seen for himself and acknowledged that our forward play breaks down due to not having someone playing on the shoulder of the defenders and I'm intrigued to see who we bring in! Don't think it will be Haaland but hopefully will turn out to be an astute acquisition. Fingers crossed boys and girls. I honestly feel like it could most certainly be the difference in this seasons aspirations for promotion.
    Stockley also limits our high press, he's not quick and agile enough to do it effectively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stan knows what he is talking about.
  • jbaker said:
    Ok so been told some information tonight:

Striker 95% done. . . Experienced at this level and has pace. Loan deal. Won’t be a last minute announcement tomorrow.

Working on a centre half. Needs a few things to fall in to place to happen.

Outgoings:

Gilbey didn’t want to go to Lincoln, no other offers in.

C Mcg offered more money than he is on here by Wrexham but turned it down. 

JFC: no offers and probably stays

Miles Leaburn. Champ club interested but knocked back.

Sean Clare. Agent looked for a move but club want to build around him. Has a figure he will move for but nowhere near what has been muted so far. 
    Would love it to be someone like Harry Cornick from Luton.
  • Stan knows what he is talking about.
    Yes but mainly in his own version of 50 shades of black and blue. Wanker!
  • Yann897 said:
    jbaker said:
    Ok so been told some information tonight:

Striker 95% done. . . Experienced at this level and has pace. Loan deal. Won’t be a last minute announcement tomorrow.

Working on a centre half. Needs a few things to fall in to place to happen.

Outgoings:

Gilbey didn’t want to go to Lincoln, no other offers in.

C Mcg offered more money than he is on here by Wrexham but turned it down. 

JFC: no offers and probably stays

Miles Leaburn. Champ club interested but knocked back.

Sean Clare. Agent looked for a move but club want to build around him. Has a figure he will move for but nowhere near what has been muted so far. 
    Completely different to what covered_end_lad said , will be interesting to see who will be right. 
    You could say direct from the horses mouth. . .