Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Humphreys would be an interesting one , although I think I recall someone mentioned last week that we'd enquired and Wigan wanted ridiculous terms?
  • Can't wait to see this defender we've signed on loan permanently once we've jogged on Gilbey. Reckon it's a Famewo esq youngun. Especially with didn't play league one last season teaser.

The striker forward that's signed for a fee that's still being worked on to loan in is the big one though, league one experience, but will it be a squad addition or a step up on Stockley, that early unveiling can't come late enough!!! 

Interesting few hours ahead indeed.
  • edited September 2022
    Humphrey’s was at Rochdale with O’Connell, who could give a first hand character reference. Just saying like 👀.

• Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Guaranteed to be used every window😂
  • CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oh and a few tactical words from TS 
    I have very little faith in our owner at the moment, but for now he is delivering on the style of play he said he wanted.
    in came Garner and he’s put together a team so far that is delivering that. 
    If we get the two over the line today, then let him do his little chat. It is irritating but if it’s happening on the pitch I’ll stomach his chit chat.
    Agreed - he only cuts and pastes what I say on here anyway so as long as he’s doing that I’m fine with it 
  • Sponsored links:

• We few, we happy few, we band of siblings.
    For they to-day that reads with  with me
    Shall be my sibling, be they ITK or nay.
    This day shall gentle their condition;
    And Addicks in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their fanhood cheap whiles any speaks
    That read this thread with us upon transfer window day.
    Very good 😊 
  • edited September 2022
    Deadline day!
    Anything can happen.
    Who will go, Who will come?

3 in 3 out would be optimal
    2 out 2 in would be good
    2 or 3 out 1 in would be not ideal (we all know how our deadline windows go :sweat_smile:)

• CafcSCP said:

Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Guaranteed to be used every window😂
    And I have 😂. 
  • If, as appears likely, we’re only getting one player in today I hope they do the decent thing and hold off announcing him until about 9.30pm at the earliest.

• Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Thomas, Steve Gallen and Ron Dangerfield were eating a proper meal in Club 1905 last night.

I had the Chicken Balti which was very good.

That tweet makes me feel sick.
    Yeah, such an unhealthy range of snacks for a long day at work 🙄
  • Uboat said:
    If, as appears likely, we’re only getting one player in today I hope they do the decent thing and hold off announcing him until about 9.30pm at the earliest.
    Think there be two maybe three but the third will depend on two players going and at the moment that only looks like one going .. but it can all go barmy in the last 2/3 hours 
  • Uboat said:
    If, as appears likely, we’re only getting one player in today I hope they do the decent thing and hold off announcing him until about 9.30pm at the earliest.
    Noooooo

Needs to be held over until after 10.00pm for the "and some papers have been faxed over to the league and we're waiting for them to be signed off" drama.
  • Sponsored links:

• Suspect there will be some very tough decisions for one or two today. Prospects of pay cuts to get a game or facing the fact that they may have to live in a sh*t hole part of the country. This level do not earn enough on average to take themselves out to some leafy suburb £2m pad after training each day after all.

I think there is a significant risk that we may be lumbered for now and that may see us able to bring in just one more player. Hope my instincts are completely wrong. We need a couple more to have a charge (full stop)…
  • Cawley update aligns with what jbaker and I were told last night. No mention of the conditions of incomings being outgoings there, so TS may decide to go for it out of necessity after all. 🤞
  • jbaker said:
    😂 fuck me no wonder I mostly just read this forum and don’t post a lot. . . In all seriousness I’ve had a number of decent chats over the last 12 months with Martin Sandgaard and he was who told me last night after the game. He was quite open with the information. I made a point of saying the fan base thought it was the other way round saying the defender was a done deal and striker/forward was a bit further off. . . .

He was actually telling a few other fans the same thing and is really approachable about our transfer dealings. Just posting what I was told as from the way it was put across to me he wanted the fans to know what was happening.

i made a point of saying can you not leave any announcement until 11pm so we can all get some sleep as to which he said no it will be earlier in the day!

if some1 bids 2m for Clare then we might be in trouble! 
    Are you still dreaming?
  • edited September 2022
    PWADDICK said:

Understand that not to be correct

We've completed 4 deals for 2 players.

Winky snigger hehehe 

*Edited for less seriousness
  • CEL may have been right - as I was told we were super close with a defender who has picked up an injury, ruling the move out. I think it is a CEL save, but jbaker right, who I suspect was in the same vicinity to me at last night’s game. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    jbaker said:
    😂 fuck me no wonder I mostly just read this forum and don’t post a lot. . . In all seriousness I’ve had a number of decent chats over the last 12 months with Martin Sandgaard and he was who told me last night after the game. He was quite open with the information. I made a point of saying the fan base thought it was the other way round saying the defender was a done deal and striker/forward was a bit further off. . . .

He was actually telling a few other fans the same thing and is really approachable about our transfer dealings. Just posting what I was told as from the way it was put across to me he wanted the fans to know what was happening.

i made a point of saying can you not leave any announcement until 11pm so we can all get some sleep as to which he said no it will be earlier in the day!

if some1 bids 2m for Clare then we might be in trouble! 
    Are you still dreaming?
    Apologies I miss read the message.. Yes all correct, if we recieve bid for 2 million plus for any of our players they will be off.