Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Good morning.

Here we go for transfer deadline day, or as it's known at Charlton, Thursday.

Seriously though, I fully expect at least one new signing. As for exits, I'd be happy if all three of those identified as surplus to requirements leave. In fact, if serious money is offered, I'd be happy for any of our number to leave, with one exception. I saw enough in the Cambridge game to conclude that George Dobson is too important to us to lose.

If JFC remains, I'd like to see him given a run as LB.
    The deadline day phrase bingo is well underway!
  • edited September 2022
    Good morning.

Seriously though, I fully expect at least one new signing. As for exits, I'd be happy if all three of those identified as surplus to requirements leave. In fact, if serious money is offered, I'd be happy for any of our number to leave, with one exception. I saw enough in the Cambridge game to conclude that George Dobson is too important to us to lose.

The deadline day phrase bingo is well underway!
    You'd better believe it!

Here's another one. I hope we sign Andy Williams from Walsall, but that would be too good to be true.
  • supaclive said:
    jbaker said:
    Feel like MS is very easy to get on with and enjoys talking to fans about the club. Definitely seemed frustrated about the lack of outgoings.
    He (as part of the SMT football team) gave JFC a contract less than 3 months ago.  Which they didn't have to.  Now they want rid and nobody wants him.......
    After paying his medical bills after 2 ACL injuries the club are entitled to try and get money for him. 

Who said nobody wants him anywho? Could be the same as Gilbey where he just wont move. 
    Martin Saandgard said to jbaker last night there have been no enquiries.   I read other posts before commenting 😉
  • Just remembering all the renewed optimism on here when Gilbey scored that goal in a closed door friendly against Welling 😂
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    jbaker said:
    Feel like MS is very easy to get on with and enjoys talking to fans about the club. Definitely seemed frustrated about the lack of outgoings.
    He (as part of the SMT football team) gave JFC a contract less than 3 months ago.  Which they didn't have to.  Now they want rid and nobody wants him.......
    After paying his medical bills after 2 ACL injuries the club are entitled to try and get money for him. 

Who said nobody wants him anywho? Could be the same as Gilbey where he just wont move. 
    Martin Saandgard said to jbaker last night there have been no enquiries.   I read other posts before commenting 😉
    Haha Ill admit I skim read as nothing usually relevant! The trying to recoup a fee for him still makes sense though and as someone else said, he would be a cheap squad player at least. 

• Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Looking back I'm honestly surprised he could afford all that junk.
    Probably invoiced it as some interior design sculpture piece under his wives ‘business’. 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    jbaker said:

Haha Ill admit I skim read as nothing usually relevant! The trying to recoup a fee for him still makes sense though and as someone else said, he would be a cheap squad player at least. 
    Not if we can't/won't play him in the league due to clauses.  Quite expensive for two more pizza and a fizzy cup games.

• Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    So much to unpack in that image, figuratively and literally. I think the mini-rolls annoys me the most, worst of the sweet snacks. Or the single Oasis, front and centre - too pricey to buy more than one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We need a countdown clock on here. Let's go one better than Sky and have it displaying thousandths of a second😎

You think he paid for it?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    jbaker said:

Not if we can't/won't play him in the league due to clauses.  Quite expensive for two more pizza and a fizzy cup games.
    Surely won’t be the case if he stays though. I get it whilst the window is open but doubt we’ll continue it if he’s ours to at least January 
  • Surely Martin Sandgaard isn't going around freely dropping all that info including which clubs are in for who and how much money it would take.

Great to have open engagement on a high level basis but again where is the awareness of the line?
    I can assure you he absolutely does, quite regularly. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    jbaker said:

Surely won’t be the case if he stays though. I get it whilst the window is open but doubt we’ll continue it if he’s ours to at least January 
    I do not think JFC will feature for us in the league and all parties will be working on his exit come January if nothing happens today for him (which I hope it does for his sake tbf).
  • I think using JFC as cover as a LB (which he has done before) is a great shout.

If we can't move him on, I'm OK with him staying *IF* it doesn't prevent the two players coming in.
  • swordfish said:
    Crusty54 said:

Well I don’t know about you lot but I’m fully stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours 🤪 #deadlineday #cafc
    Thomas, Steve Gallen and Ron Dangerfield were eating a proper meal in Club 1905 last night.

I had the Chicken Balti which was very good.
    Did you find out who the fourth man at the table was, or what they were eating if it wasn't sausages?
    Sorry. Only saw them as I was going through the door to watch the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good morning.

too slow
  • mendonca said:
    To all those who are seeking rumours/info from within the club, probably best not to mock those that are providing such info. You really don't make this thread easy!
    People on this thread: 'Where are the RUMOURS? I don't want to read 18 pages about Eoghan O'Connell's cat! Where did all the ITK people go?'
    Also people on this thread: 'Fuck you rumour guy, your info is slightly different to what someone else said! I'll kill you!'
    I do recall an interesting debate about Schrodinger's cat on another thread, but this one eluded me. Could you reference the page numbers involved 😎
  • I suspect Clare and any other player's values will be well known in the game..
  • Scoham said:
    Will prob go on a permanent and score the goal that knocks us out of the league cup. 
  • Loan central defender in at Huddersfield. Could that mean recently signed but allegedly already out of favour Boyle is allowed to go out on loan? 

• Is Boyle a ball-playing centre half? 
  • Wouldn't be surprised if JFC is released if we don't sell him today. Makes sense to hold on to him whilst a fee is possible, but if contract clauses make him essentially unavailable for league games the can't see why we'd hold on to him once the change of a fee has gone.
  • Scoham said:
    Will prob go on a permanent and score the goal that knocks us out of the league cup. 
    Thankfully for us he would be cup tied wouldn't he?