Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited September 2022
    Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    Imagine turning down the town of Lincoln so you can play in Stevenage instead. I didn't know I could disrespect him any more, but here we are
    Or choosing a L2 move over a L1 one
    this says a lot for me, lacks hunger maybe
    To be honest, it seems from his own admission Gilbey has had some real issues with confidence since joining us. If going down a level and minimising your commute is the best way to build yourself back up and feel good about yourself when you wake up in the morning then that's the right move for you. We spend so much time talking about players pushing to be the absolute best but for some people just feeling good in their day to day life is important, and that's fine. He seems like a decent bloke, I hope he does the best thing for him
    And if he decides the best thing for him is to just stay in our reserves and see out his contract, stopping us from bringing in a player we need to mount a real challenge this season, would you be ok with that?

Was it not reported elsewhere that he recently bought a house in this area, so is unlikely to want to move too far. I believe Cawley said he wanted a club closer to home. Probably the main driver rather than building his confidence up. 
  • Wouldn't be surprised if JFC is released if we don't sell him today. Makes sense to hold on to him whilst a fee is possible, but if contract clauses make him essentially unavailable for league games the can't see why we'd hold on to him once the change of a fee has gone.

Or probably he'll be loaned out and hope some interest comes along for a Jan sale as last chance for some dollar dollar bill y'all. 

Don't think it'll be worthwhile playing him if he's here, the match thread last night made it sound like he was just going through the motions.
    He really did NOT go just through the.motions last nigjt. He put a good shift in.

Look at the marks he got to see that most people agree with this.

Good to hear, personally, a fit motivated JFC is a player I'd like to keep. 
  • Ah the joys of being a lower league football fan.

Premier league clubs fans hang on the every word of world famous football transfer guru Fabrizio Romano with his 11m+ followers. 

We wait anxiously for snippets of info from a guy called Sausage dog, whose bio says he's a scaffold manager.
    Would you have it any other way though?!
  • Leuth said:
    Imagine turning down the town of Lincoln so you can play in Stevenage instead. I didn't know I could disrespect him any more, but here we are
    60 mile drive from his home in Colchester (same as trip to Eltham) or uproot family to Lincolnshire?
  • Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    Perhaps Gilbey listens to the people closest to him - like his wife/partner who perhaps doesn't want him to go as far as Lincoln?

Family situations can play a big part in location or timing of a move.

•  McKirdy is a real pot shot.

not prolific until last season
    rumours of being a partygoer
    massive shithouse and wind up merchant 

but you just never know if he’s got the X factor.  

If the money isn’t ridiculous I’m up for it I think
  • Chunes said:
    Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    To be honest, it seems from his own admission Gilbey has had some real issues with confidence since joining us. If going down a level and minimising your commute is the best way to build yourself back up and feel good about yourself when you wake up in the morning then that's the right move for you. We spend so much time talking about players pushing to be the absolute best but for some people just feeling good in their day to day life is important, and that's fine. He seems like a decent bloke, I hope he does the best thing for him
    And if he decides the best thing for him is to just stay in our reserves and see out his contract, stopping us from bringing in a player we need to mount a real challenge this season, would you be ok with that?

Was it not reported elsewhere that he recently bought a house in this area, so is unlikely to want to move too far. I believe Cawley said he wanted a club closer to home. Probably the main driver rather than building his confidence up. 
    Contracts work both ways we can't criticis players not honouring their contracts and then criticis when they expect us to. 
  • Moving to Stevenage might show a lack of ambition but it’s the difference between League 1 and 2 which is not the same as turning down a Championship move to stay comfortable in League 1. I’d do the same if my wages were guaranteed either way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley says Bonne being considered 
  • Richard Cawley has officially ruined my day
  • Oh Jesus Christ.... 
  • Absolutely fck off
  • Says an awful lot about how the rest of the football world view him, despite loads of our fanbase still thinking he's class
  • Christ alive 
  • Cant see Bonne coming here....least im hoping he doesnt want too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    And if he decides the best thing for him is to just stay in our reserves and see out his contract, stopping us from bringing in a player we need to mount a real challenge this season, you're ok with that?
    What say do I have in that? He's got a contract that runs to the end of the season and the expectation is he fulfills his end of it. If he turns up to training but doesn't get picked for the team then he's doing his job. Not the best thing for our club but ultimately that's the deal he signed so that's what he gets. Just like we were raging when Taylor decided not to complete the games at the end of his contract we have to hold Gilbey to the same standard. If my boss suddenly came in one day and told me they wanted me to move to work in Lincoln all of a sudden I'd tell him to piss off too. Don't fancy the commute.
    Gilbey will realistically have to weigh up his odds of getting another decent contract at the end of this season. He's less likely to do that if he doesn't play a game all season so if a team he wants to move to makes an offer he can take that. If he'd rather take his chances sat with the u23s than drive three hours to Lincoln and back every day or temporarily move away from his family then that's his call. Hopefully this Stevenage deal comes through and then everyone wins
  • Probably close to being a done deal if Cawley's tweeting it.
  • I havent had an update from my source since yesterday, but if the above is correct that would suggest we have missed out on the permanent forward I was told about.

Personally I think Bonne would be a very poor signing. He works hard and will press well but his interplay and first touch are shocking.
  • I havent had an update from my source since yesterday, but if the above is correct that would suggest we have missed out on the permanent forward I was told about.

Personally I think Bonne would be a very poor signing. He works hard and will press well but his interplay and first touch are shocking.
    Hoping Bonne is an iron in the fire kinda thing and we are still on track for the permanent signing. 
  • So the perm striker has fallen through and Bonne is the replacement.

right.
  • Perhaps we feel obliged to help QPR having mugged them off for £2m.....might just make Ipswich pay more to "see us off"!