Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Imagine turning down the town of Lincoln so you can play in Stevenage instead. I didn't know I could disrespect him any more, but here we are
    Bought a Haaaaaas dint he.
  • Leuth said:
    Imagine turning down the town of Lincoln so you can play in Stevenage instead. I didn't know I could disrespect him any more, but here we are
    To be fair, if he lives anywhere near charlton he'll have a hour commute... Lincoln is double that. 
  • Gilbey would be a fantastic signing for any league 2 side. Reckon that’ll be a move that will work out well for all parties.
  • PWADDICK said:

He’s had good info in the past… fingers crossed
    When the hour was darkest and all hope seemed lost, the Sausage returns. 
  • edited September 2022
    Can’t wait for Gilbey to knock us out the cup in November in cup his ears to us when he scores
  • Rothko said:
    Ryan Whelan has been a reliable source of info hasn't he. 
    Not really, been flip flopping about Gilbey for a couple weeks
  • Rothko said:
    So has sausagedog
  • PWADDICK said:
    Rothko said:
    Not really, been flip flopping about Gilbey for a couple weeks
    I was being sarky, his stuff on Gilbey, and especially his crawling down the hill from it, has been a joy to watch 

• Sponsored links:

• Cheers @jbaker and everyone else who shares what they hear 
    Indeed.

Martin Sandgaard being rather loose lipped though 

Loose lips sink ships
    Yes Washington was sunk
  • Cometh the hour....cometh the sausage...

Hotdog Dancing GIF - Hotdog Dancing Funny - Discover  Share GIFs
  • A CB and striker on loan. McKirdy on a permanent with DJ going the other way, and Gilbey leaving. That would be an amazing deadline day 
  • Hibbs think they are signing McKirdy.
  • Sausage already covering his tracks...'we have dragged our heels'

Classic 'ITK' Twitter behavior
    We may, or may not, sign McKirdy.  
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    A CB and striker on loan. McKirdy on a permanent with DJ going the other way, and Gilbey leaving. That would be an amazing deadline day 
    If we signed McKirdy on a permanent I don't think we'd have a hope of getting a striker as well as that. 2 signings is the most we can hope for IMO
  • Leuth said:
    Or choosing a L2 move over a L1 one
  • NabySarr said:
    A CB and striker on loan. McKirdy on a permanent with DJ going the other way, and Gilbey leaving. That would be an amazing deadline day 
    If we signed McKirdy on a permanent I don't think we'd have a hope of getting a striker as well as that. 2 signings is the most we can hope for IMO
    24 goals last season.
  • Sausage already covering his tracks...'we have dragged our heels'

Classic 'ITK' Twitter behavior
    We may, or may not, sign McKirdy.  
    Source?
  • Leuth said:
    Or choosing a L2 move over a L1 one
    this says a lot for me, lacks hunger maybe
  • Who is this mystery striker who scores?
  • Once we get rid of Gilbey, McG and JFC (in an unfortunate finish to his time), it feels like we have moved on from our shite legacy period consisting of the end of Bowyer/Adkins/Jacko. 

The rest of the deadwood have been cleared quite efficiently by the Club to be fair.

Albie, Innis and Aneke are the only others who need to show they belong to the new phase of what we are trying to do. Doubts remain about their ability to offer week in/out, for different reasons.
  • Ah the joys of being a lower league football fan.

Premier league clubs fans hang on the every word of world famous football transfer guru Fabrizio Romano with his 11m+ followers. 

We wait anxiously for snippets of info from a guy called Sausage dog, whose bio says he's a scaffold manager.
    This has really tickled me.
    If I could smash the LOL button any harder, I would. You've won today, Chris_from_Sidcup.