Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I know bugger all about the players mentioned, as I did with our transfers that have happened so far.
    Whoever we sign, I’ll judge them by what they deliver!!
    🤞🏻
  • Bar Smith and May I'm struggling to think of other options , Matty Stevens at FGR I think is still out injured so won't be him. 

Would be surprised if it was Jephcott or Ryan Hardie from Plymouth. 
  • To clarify, the deadline is tomorrow.

Already seeing lots of people on socials thinking it’s today.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bar Smith and May I'm struggling to think of other options , Matty Stevens at FGR I think is still out injured so won't be him. 

Smith looked rubbish for Cambridge at our place the other week.

I’m hoping it’s Daniel Udoh. Good age, strong & very much fits in with ‘running in behind’ (that’s what his game is all about).

He picked up a knock on Saturday though….maybe we’re waiting for the all clear on that (rather than waiting to sell players) before we can finalise a move…I hope!

Best realistic option I can think of.
  • Excited by the striker on a permanent prospect.  Expecting a complete unknown, in Garner we trust n all that.  If I had to guess I reckon young(ish) from league two or struggling league one side.  
  • Bonner: "If in the next ten days something ridiculous comes up, that's a different kettle of fish, but we certainly don't envisage doing anything in terms of players in or out between now and the close of the window." #camUTD
  • Alfie May - 1 goal in 6 games this season.

Has the purple already been removed from the patch?
  • To clarify, the deadline is tomorrow.

Already seeing lots of people on socials thinking it’s today.
    You’ve just blown the excuse Sandgaard was going to make for not signing anybody. 
  • People calling Stockton a one season wonder should take a look at Alfie Mays record..? 

Both good players imo but for some reason I believe it will be Stockton we end up with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally, I've been more impressed with Stockton than May.

They both seem like utter tw&ts which is probably what we need up top.
  • edited August 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bar Smith and May I'm struggling to think of other options , Matty Stevens at FGR I think is still out injured so won't be him. 

Matty Stevens it is then.
  • Ryan Hardie would be brilliant but cant see it this close to the window ending unless its a silly offer we put in. 
  • Cheltenham want 500k for May. Would be surprised if we’d pay that.
  • I think if we are going to spend money, which it looks like we are on a striker if the rumors be true, it will be on someone who we can look to develop further and sell on for a profit.

So that will discount out Stockton and May for me.
  • Stockton contract ends next summer so likely to move.

May signed new deal and apparently they want £ 500K. Local lad.  One season wonder risk?

Smith at Cambridge seems to fit profile but is he available?

Hardie/Jephcott - maybe one is available, I know next to nothing about either.

Matty Stevens @FGR injured

Scully at Lincoln - would he fit the description? One year left on his contract.

Daniel Udoh at Shrews?

Seem to be the L1 runners and riders from posters on here then..
    Sam Smith is available, he's said himself that he's "Too Good At Goodbyes"

May signed new deal and apparently they want £ 500K. Local lad.  One season wonder risk?

Scully at Lincoln - would he fit the description? One year left on his contract.

Daniel Udoh at Shrews? 

Injured also and Shrews are now also looking at Stockton. 

Daniel Udoh at Shrews?

Welcome to SE7 

Tore his ACL in April so would even be surprised if he played this season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There seems to be a consensus that anyone we buy will be limited/high risk. I would prefer the striker to be a loan. Getting a player on loan is like leasing a car. You can get someone you wouldn’t really be able to afford, E.g. JRS, Conor G etc. 
  • I think if we are going to spend money, which it looks like we are on a striker if the rumors be true, it will be on someone who we can look to develop further and sell on for a profit.

28 and 29 respectively, so hardly in "final contract before they decline" territory

If either were to hit the ground running with us, they'd be worth more next summer than we paid
  • Pudds said:
    NabySarr said:
    Southbank said:
    We don't need another lump like Bonne up front, we need a mobile forward like Taylor (but not him)
    Bonne is mobile, he doesn’t perfectly fit the system but we can’t be too picky at this level and he’s a decent all-round striker which is what we need. His link up play and passing isn’t quite good enough but he’s more mobile and good at pressing. He was dreadful against us in the cup recently but I’m sure given a few more minutes he’d get back to his old self. His style is a lot closer to Taylor (but not as good) than it is to Stockley 

I know it wouldn’t be a popular signing but he would definitely score more than Stockley in league 1 with this team. He got double figures in the championship for us and that was his first season playing above non-league level. When Taylor was injured he was sometimes playing up front on his own as well. I’d take him back and I bet whoever we do end up signing isn’t as good as Bonne 
    If Bonne is the answer, there's something wrong with the question.

Doesn’t look a worse signing than the others mentioned in the last couple of pages and scored a few at a higher level. I think Garner could make him a better player and he can finish.
  • Can't see us paying £500k for May, and I don't think he'd suit the lone striker role. I can see him being successful as a wide man in a 3. His stats last year are a bit deceptive, he scored 4 in a 5 all draw, which massively boosted his tally.

On a personal note, I used to play cricket with Alfie and I'm friends with him on Facebook. If he was on the verge of signing for us I can't believe there'd be no chatter from his close friends or family about him moving back this way.

And before anybody asks, no, I'm not going to message him out of the blue (last played cricket together in 2014) and ask if the rumours are true.
  • edited August 2022
    Rothko said:
    One of the big red flags on Stockton is that he’s never played apart from one season outside the North West, to relocate to London and hit the ground running. Just screams Andy Gray or Charlie Kirk last year 
    Might help given that an ex-team mate of his is already down here

May as well get Sam Lavelle to open up his own B&B if that were the case though
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Stockton contract ends next summer so likely to move.

Daniel Udoh at Shrews?

Welcome to SE7 

Tore his ACL in April so would even be surprised if he played this season. 
    As @BR7_addicksaid, welcome to SE7
  • edited August 2022
    I think if we are going to spend money, which it looks like we are on a striker if the rumors be true, it will be on someone who we can look to develop further and sell on for a profit.

28 and 29 respectively, so hardly in "final contract before they decline" territory

If either were to hit the ground running with us, they'd be worth more next summer than we paid
    Stockton doesn’t fit what TS has said about a player who runs in behind. No doubt he’s quicker and does it more than Stockley but I expect we want someone who has it as a major strength of their game.

May seems to play up as part of a front 2 and isn’t the biggest, I think it’ll be a more all rounder who has the height, pace and strength to play the lone role. Like we had with Davison but better. Garner also had Simpson at Swindon who could also offer a bit of everything.
  • Thommo said:
    We're looking to strengthen the positions of our two most injury prone players. Hopefully we can get to January without another left back.