Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    _MrDick said:
    Sign a striker …. But not that one 🤣🤣
    I mean, very specifically not this one. I can't think of many who'd draw this kind of reaction 

👋 👋 👋 
    Unfinished business mate 
  • Bonne signs on loan for Bolton and scores the winning goal this Saturday 
  • swordfish said:
    So a number of Club's are in for Bonne. I guess they must be as desperate as we are then!😂

We want a striker/forward/someone to play in an advanced position, preferably above ground and not in the hole, a true rather than false no 9, but we don't want a former player who's scored goals for us in the past and is of interest to our current manager, who believes he would suit his style of play and in whom, for the moment, I trust.

As @RedJohn said, if BG thinks he can do what he wants, that's fine by me too.
    I very much doubt that Bonne is Garners 1st choice. 
    Or his 2nd, or 3rd. If I'm honest. 
    I'm long since past thinking we're still looking at options high up on the list @blackpool72. It's any port in a storm time for me 
  • on the subject of "Sign a striker!.... no not that one lolz" as funny as it is, thats not what people were really saying is it... well other than other than Golfie 

"sign a striker! that fits the system and can finish better than Stockley"

Is that Bonmne, maybe. Probably wont sign anyway.
  • Didn’t Bonne and his mrs both slag us off when he left? That on top of the fact 95% of fans think he’s a waste of space. Can’t see it happening personally.
    if he slagged us off then its a no 
  • edited September 2022
    se9addick said:
    Whilst not my first choice (or second, third…) I would take Bonne over nothing, especially if Garner thinks he’ll fit the system which Stockley plainly doesn’t. 
    Thats just it... By the sound of things we've got a couple of names we're looking at - Worst thing we can do is put all our efforts into signing one player, and ending up with no one if that falls through.
    No.
    The worse thing we have done is leave it till today. 
    We have had 3 months to sign a striker and should have done so earlier. 
    Wait are we the only side getting business done today?

If only our owners had the same sort of experience of working in Football as the majority of our fans... Oh wait
  • QPR believe Bonne is on his way to ……. Bolton ( score a hat trick on sat ) and Charlton fans be moaning why did we not sign him !!
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if the MacGillivray to Dundee rumour has anything to do with the suggestion that we were interested in Ryan Edwards the left footed centre back. He was in the defence that conceded 9 last week. 
  • se9addick said:
    Whilst not my first choice (or second, third…) I would take Bonne over nothing, especially if Garner thinks he’ll fit the system which Stockley plainly doesn’t. 
    Thats just it... By the sound of things we've got a couple of names we're looking at - Worst thing we can do is put all our efforts into signing one player, and ending up with no one if that falls through.
    No.

If only our owners had the same sort of experience of working in Football as the majority of our fans... Oh wait
    Oh come on.
    Most of the top sides in league one have strengthened this window. 
    I know we have to a certain degree. 
    We are better balanced as a squad than we were last season. 
    I'm just saying we should not have left it until today to replace Washington. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Club so confident that Stockley and Bonne will form such a successful partnership as a front two they’ve had a special goal celebration photo done:

Imagine that on the big screen!
  • I can confirm that Bonne hasn't been in Sainsburys today. No chance of a deal there.
  • se9addick said:
    No.

Oh come on.
    Most of the top sides in league one have strengthened this window. 
    I know we have to a certain degree. 
    We are better balanced as a squad than we were last season. 
    I'm just saying we should not have left it until today to replace Washington. 
    Let’s see how many of the top sides in league one bring in players today, to see if we are the outlier. I expect we won’t be. 
  • I havent had an update from my source since yesterday, but if the above is correct that would suggest we have missed out on the permanent forward I was told about.

Personally I think Bonne would be a very poor signing. He works hard and will press well but his interplay and first touch are shocking.
    Or is Bonne in addition to the permanent forward, just in case we manage to offload all of the unwanted?
  • Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    _MrDick said:
    I mean, very specifically not this one. I can't think of many who'd draw this kind of reaction 

👋 👋 👋 
    Unfinished business mate 
    I would take the Pfilmeister or whatever his nickname was, over Bonne.
  • What's happening to the 5% of the 95% deal - he's in Sainsbury's getting some sushi perhaps.
  • Mrkinski said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    _MrDick said:

👋 👋 👋 
    Unfinished business mate 
    I would take the Pfilmeister or whatever his nickname was, over Bonne.
    The Plaffelminister! Which is what I decided to nickname Paul Smyth instead when he never played. 

Speaking of which, Paul Smyth anyone? ;)