Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Cosgrove Birmingham to Plymouth on loan. 
    Selling a striker?
    They already have 3 forwards and only play  one of them so makes sense this.  
  • On ITTV someone is saying that Terrell Thomas is currently training with us.

Another ex player to throw into the mix.
  • Ferryman said:
    Talal said:
    I think I'd rather Leko than Bonne. 
    Hobson's choice
    Is he our new director of football or does he own the black box >
  • Jac_52 said:
    Chunes said:
    Redhenry said:
    jbaker said:
    I think the majority of people just forget these fellas are just young adults. Ok probably mid 20s but still young adults who are finding their way in life. So much more comes in to a move than just is what is seen on the surface. I wouldnt want to be living in a hotel week in week out with no friends and family around me at that age. They also need to go and fit in with a new group of players all with their own agenda/ego and im guessing this isnt always easy. Yes by all means im assuming most of us would love to be a footballer, but whats to say if we were we would love the game? To some its just a job they are lucky enough to be good at. Ive just turned 35 and in the football world at that age your too old and retiring . . Its a short career for them to set themselves up with . . .you cant blame them if a move doesnt suit what they want. Clubs have a duty to pay the player the sums they signed the contract for . . just as much as the player has a duty to perform to the best of their efforts if selected to play. I dont know anymore info but for the sakes of the Gilbey debate, why would he want to move house out of the London area to go to Lincoln? Makes sense to hold out for a move that suits his lifestyle. if the manager doesnt fancy him and he isn't selected all he can do is train each day and give 100%, the rest is out of his hands. 
    Its a tough game. I prefer the type of player who would want to play at the higher level.

I'm with you. It's totally up to people what they want to do with their lives and to make their own choices, and if you don't want to push yourself fair enough, but I want professional footballers who are driven and want to be the best they can be. With the Ben Watson revelation the other day and a number of players choosing if/when to turn up on the pitch for us, seems like we've had the wrong characters through the door in recent years. 
    What was the Ben Watson revelation?

He gave an interview to some paper that he couldn't be arsed anymore cos he was shit.

Not so much a revelation as it was a confirmation.
    Indeed it was fairly obvious 
  • I'm more interested in what an "agent looking bloke" looks like... :/
    Head to toe in Massimo Dutti, two shirt buttons undone, slick hair and an eye for the laydeees in the office 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oxford United could be set to sign Queens Park Rangers striker Macauley Bonne on loan, but face late competition from Bolton according to East Anglian Daily Times reporter Stuart Watson.
  • Wonder if Bonne is chaff that the club  have deployed to mask their real target ? 
  • Redrobo said:
    Cawley says Bonne being considered 
    Considered? FFS isn't it a bit late to be considering? Surely we should have had a list of targets lined up & should have been negotiating on the last day not considering. Why has it taken so long to decide to sign a striker? Oh yes prices come down apparently on the last day. bargains galore on the last day of the sales ! Great to see we learned the lessons from last year
  • I'm more interested in what an "agent looking bloke" looks like... :/
    Head to toe in Massimo Dutti, two shirt buttons undone, slick hair and an eye for the laydeees in the office 

Is that speaking from experience AFKA... ;)
  • Football agent looking guy?

• Can't believe I've come home from work to see a Bonne rumour. Someone make me feel better and tell me it's all BS.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Lol it’s a good guess. Or not, see above.
  • edited September 2022
    Uboat said:
    Richard J said:
    On ITTV someone is saying that Terrell Thomas is currently training with us.

I’m not signing for that absolute shower….hard cheese.

oiy
  • Who fed Cawley multiple links this morning? They all looked a bit suspect to me.
  • Richard J said:
    On ITTV someone is saying that Terrell Thomas is currently training with us.

I always liked him: he walked like Jar Jar Binks - worth the entrance money alone.
  • Leuth said:
    Imagine turning down the town of Lincoln so you can play in Stevenage instead. I didn't know I could disrespect him any more, but here we are
    Lincoln is a City. 😇
  • Ferryman said:
    He moved earlier in the year. Had been near me in Dormansland for a while and used to see him in pubs/restaurants our way, so asked where had he been hiding at the POTY dinner and he told me where he had moved to.
    Is it still near Crawley?!
  • We few, we happy few, we band of siblings.
    For they to-day that reads with  with me
    Shall be my sibling, be they ITK or nay.
    This day shall gentle their condition;
    And Addicks in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their fanhood cheap whiles any speaks
    That read this thread with us upon transfer window day.
    Once more unto the Covered End,
    Once more. Or close the wall up
    With our Millwall dead.