Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Macauley effing Bonne. What was the question again?
  • better than nobody 

Bubble said:
    Ouch

• Bubble said:
    Ouch
    Please no
  • Get. Fucked
  • Just when I was starting to enjoy watching us play again
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:
    Ouch

Better option than the Millwall kid 😅
  • If we get the 2019/20 Bonne then this is a great signing. If we get the Bonne that played against us in the cup this year, we’re fucked
  • AndyG said:
    If the Manager thinks Bonne can do a job that's good enough for me, on the proviso that he passes a test on the offside rule before he signs
    Can stick Kirk and Clayden on that course as well
  • Scoham said:
    Plays all across the front line, is quick and described as a finisher. McKirdy replacement 💯 
  • Bubble said:
    Ouch
    Established ✔️
  • I'm hoping that this is just a genius PR exercise by the club to lower our expectations and then over-deliver.

I'm aware that the chances of that being the case are practically nil, however'

This window will have slammed shut on our collective bollocks by 11pm tonight, methinks - certainly if past experience is anything to go by!
  • People not understanding that the right striker will contribute a huge amount by bringing more goals out of the rest of the team and helping turn our massive possession into regular consistent goal threat, despite us playing 9 games already is genuinely mind blowing to me. The striker needs to contribute more than just goal threat, we've seen that with Stockley. He managed to provide a decent goal return under Jackson but now he's not well suited to what we're doing and that's to do with his physical attributes more than his finishing. We don't need someone with a history of 20 goals a season, we need someone with a bit of pace who can stretch the backline and push into the channels to provide space in front of goal for the inverted wingers we have
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    The funniest thing about Bonne signing is the fact that people will be left so confused - I mean your options are him and Stockley up top... Which one are you gonna whinge about.. decisions... decisions ;)
  • edited September 2022
    Bonne not official yet, but I don't know what anyone realistically expects that would be much better than Bonne as a centre forward. He was a frustrating player when here last time, but also had his moments. It's clear the budget was never going to stretch to a real marquee, talismanic type signing. You'd all be better off to stop slagging off Chuks and start praying he gets fit asap and stays fit so he can contribute a significant number of goals off the bench.
  • Bonne’s gonna sit on the bench behind Stockley in the pecking order.  And when Aneke is fit he’ll be lucky to even make the bench.  

I think we’re being a bit dramatic here, unless you were expecting someone better than Stockley, which I don’t think was ever going to be the case.  
    Your forgetting the mythical loan clause that he MUST play  no ifs no buts.
  • I just can't see how Bonne does anything for us. There's a reason Ipswich fans don't want him back.

If we sign him over anyone else it puts a massive dampener on this window for me.
  • Bonne’s gonna sit on the bench behind Stockley in the pecking order.  And when Aneke is fit he’ll be lucky to even make the bench.  

I think we’re being a bit dramatic here, unless you were expecting someone better than Stockley, which I don’t think was ever going to be the case.  
    When did Stockley score double figures in the Championship? Bonne is better than Stockley, especially in this system with 1 up top 
  • So the 95% done deal for the striker is looking unlikely. No surprise. 
    Seeing as it’s looking unlikely, don’t suppose you know who it was? 😉