Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I trust Garner, if he brings him in he must believe he can make use of him,

I also rate Bonne above Washington, very similar work rates and I reckon Bonne is more technical, 

I dreamt of Stockton and Alfie May, but Bonne is better than nothing 
  • edited September 2022
    Laddick01 said:
    I just can't see how Bonne does anything for us. There's a reason Ipswich fans don't want him back.

If we sign him over anyone else it puts a massive dampener on this window for me.
    Because they’ve got a massive budget and can afford someone better.
    It may be so, but from what I read I doubt their fans would've wanted him back even on our budget.

We'd be signing a player that improves us in no way and not one that adds a different component to our side.

• AndyG said:
    If the Manager thinks Bonne can do a job that's good enough for me, on the proviso that he passes a test on the offside rule before he signs
    You really think Garner had a say in it. 3 hours before the window shuts and we are scrambling around the bargain bins yet again. 

Dont think Bonne is the player to get in behind defences that Sandgarrd mooted 2 days ago. Always offside & his finishing is worse than Washington's. 
    At age 30 Washington has scored 81 goals. 

At age 26 Bonne has scored 88 goals. 

Washington in League One for us: 35 games 11 goals

Bonne in the Championship for us: 33 games 11 goals. 
    You are including non-league goals - overall- there for Bonne……
  • MrBurns said:
    I thought we were doing deals early today?
    We're waiting for the clubs to lower the fee & the agent to lower the players wage expectations. It always happens at the end of the window when things start getting more sensible. 

I also rate Bonne above Washington, very similar work rates and I reckon Bonne is more technical, 

Or he’s got no other choice 
  • Rossman92 said:
    Bonne as cover for Stockley and Aneke is pretty good for League 1, stop the whinging 
    He’ll be much more use than Aneke. 

Bonne wasn’t bad before Christmas in 2019 when we had some fit players .  
  • Was Sandgaard here when we sold him for 2m?  Excellent business from him if we do get him back for nothing.  
  • Birmingham set to pay 750,000 for the chesterfield striker … football gone mad non league player going for that much now we can see how difficult it is when these prices are so out of control 
  • NabySarr said:
    Unlike Stockley and Washington, Bonne can score different types of goals, he’s an all rounder which is what we need. He can get in behind, he can score with his head from crosses, score with his feet from low crosses. He’s more mobile than Stockley so will be a lot better for our high press

https://youtu.be/6uEHLZkNego I think most people are forgetting how good he was pre-lockdown in that season 
    Bonne an all-rounder? Wow
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    AndyG said:
    If the Manager thinks Bonne can do a job that's good enough for me, on the proviso that he passes a test on the offside rule before he signs
    You really think Garner had a say in it. 3 hours before the window shuts and we are scrambling around the bargain bins yet again. 

Dont think Bonne is the player to get in behind defences that Sandgarrd mooted 2 days ago. Always offside & his finishing is worse than Washington's. 

Last season Bonne with 12 goals is more than Washington has scored in a season for 8 years. 

I'm not saying Bonne is the second coming, but he's better than what we had last season. 
  • Was Sandgaard here when we sold him for 2m?  Excellent business from him if we do get him back for nothing.  
    Yes it was Sandgaard who made the decision to sell him in the first place.
    Shame he spent the money on DJ and Aneke 
  • edited September 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If, IF, we sign Bonne does that mean we sign Rocket Ronnie in January or next summer?

Washington due back in January 2024?

Charlton strikers, so good we sign them twice.  We could actually end up with 3 center fowards we have signed twice!
    Not to mention Aneke.

Edit - he is one you meant. I’ll go back to sleep.
  • edited September 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If, IF, we sign Bonne does that mean we sign Rocket Ronnie in January or next summer?

Washington due back in January 2024?

Charlton strikers, so good we sign them twice.  We could actually end up with 3 center fowards we have signed twice!
    Not to mention Aneke
    He is one of the 3?

Aneke, Stockley and Bonne.

Maybe Omar will be back any day soon as well.
  • AndyG said:

Last season Bonne with 12 goals is more than Washington has scored in a season for 8 years. 

I'm not saying Bonne is the second coming, but he's better than what we had last season. 
    And yet Washington is a Champ player, but Bonne is with a Champ club, no chance of getting a game with them, and it’s looking like he (may) be joining a Lge 1 club 🤷
  • People not understanding that the right striker will contribute a huge amount by bringing more goals out of the rest of the team and helping turn our massive possession into regular consistent goal threat, despite us playing 9 games already is genuinely mind blowing to me. The striker needs to contribute more than just goal threat, we've seen that with Stockley. He managed to provide a decent goal return under Jackson but now he's not well suited to what we're doing and that's to do with his physical attributes more than his finishing. We don't need someone with a history of 20 goals a season, we need someone with a bit of pace who can stretch the backline and push into the channels to provide space in front of goal for the inverted wingers we have
    Who doesn’t see that? It’s been stated multiple times by multiple people over the last couple of weeks particularly. 
    Er, a troubling number of people. Plenty moaning about Bonne's finishing, there's someone complaining that Olaofe won't fire us to promotion, golfie (I know this is cheating) and several others have been splitting hairs over whether we need a striker or a forward. It's constant.
  • AndyG said:

Bonne played 40 and scored 12 in all comps.

Washington played 76 and scored 22 in all comps.
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Unlike Stockley and Washington, Bonne can score different types of goals, he’s an all rounder which is what we need. He can get in behind, he can score with his head from crosses, score with his feet from low crosses and with both feet. He’s more mobile than Stockley so will be a lot better for our high press

https://youtu.be/6uEHLZkNego I think most people are forgetting how good he was pre-lockdown in that season 
    And how bad he was at Ipswich. Missed a couple of sitters, one where he had a open goal, tripped over the ball & it went wide. 
  • Don’t understand people saying cover for Stockley, Stockley isn’t good enough we need a replacement wasn’t that the point?
  • Is there any other club who has either re-signed or attempted to re-sign as many former players as we have in the last few years? Is this normal?!
  • AndyG said:

Last season we finished 13. To finish top 6 you need far better. 
  • Bonne was offside 3 times in our game against QPR
  • Bonne, McKirdy and a CB. 
    Not gonna happen but I would take that all day long

Or he’s got no other choice 
    I wonder which forwards Garner asked for in his wish list. Love to know. I doubt Bonne was one of them. 
  • It's getting desperate.
    I reckon Sandgaard must be at Goals at the old Meridian club near Charlton Park trying to spot unearthed talent.