Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    I just can't see how Bonne does anything for us. There's a reason Ipswich fans don't want him back.

If we sign him over anyone else it puts a massive dampener on this window for me.
    Because they’ve got a massive budget and can afford someone better.
  • NabySarr said:
    Bonne’s gonna sit on the bench behind Stockley in the pecking order.  And when Aneke is fit he’ll be lucky to even make the bench.  

I think we’re being a bit dramatic here, unless you were expecting someone better than Stockley, which I don’t think was ever going to be the case.  
    When did Stockley score double figures in the Championship? Bonne is better than Stockley, especially in this system with 1 up top 
    Bonne is not better than Stockley.  
  • Laddick01 said:
    I just can't see how Bonne does anything for us. There's a reason Ipswich fans don't want him back.

If we sign him over anyone else it puts a massive dampener on this window for me.
    Because they’ve got a massive budget and can afford someone better.
    Do they? - Or are they just gambling with people's pension money? - I mean its potentially worked so far, they got Scott Fraser and then could have sold him on to us for more money (if true) just six months down the line
  • Surely it's a loan right? 

We haven't sold him for millions and then taken him back for next to nothing 2 years later have we? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Bonne’s gonna sit on the bench behind Stockley in the pecking order.  And when Aneke is fit he’ll be lucky to even make the bench.  

I think we’re being a bit dramatic here, unless you were expecting someone better than Stockley, which I don’t think was ever going to be the case.  
    Your forgetting the mythical loan clause that he MUST play  no ifs no buts.
    Like that Spurs player last season?
  • Morgan Fox on his way back to the Valley...

Thats a strong statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:

When did Stockley score double figures in the Championship? Bonne is better than Stockley, especially in this system with 1 up top 
    Bonne is not better than Stockley.  
    I don’t think there’s much between them but in this system I think he scores more goals and helps the team more than Stockley does. Every away game stockley has been dreadful. Bonne played on his own up front away at the likes of Fulham, West Brom etc and scored goals at a higher level than we are at now. If we get that player back then he’s better than Stockley 
  • We have made contact with Millwall about Olaofe 
    There's only one Isaac Tanitoluwaloba Aduraoluwatimileyin Olaofe!
    Give us an "I
  • Chris Maguire anyone?

Just imagine a starting eleven containing Fox and Bonne - how delighted our fans would be...

We haven't sold him for millions and then taken him back for next to nothing 2 years later have we? 
    Loan if it happens ….. we never got anywhere the 2 mill that was mentioned for him 
  • You just know how this thread is going to end up come 11pm tonight...

Yup the mob will be gathering at the gates of The Valley with pitch forks
  • Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:
    If the Manager thinks Bonne can do a job that's good enough for me, on the proviso that he passes a test on the offside rule before he signs
    You really think Garner had a say in it. 3 hours before the window shuts and we are scrambling around the bargain bins yet again. 

Dont think Bonne is the player to get in behind defences that Sandgarrd mooted 2 days ago. Always offside & his finishing is worse than Washington's. 
     I know it's not saying much, but Bonne's finishing was one of his best attributes. The issue was the rest of his game.
    That Crewe game, think it was his last game for us, the finish was sublime.  
  • Sponsored links:

Just imagine a starting eleven containing Fox and Bonne - how delighted our fans would be...
    Sounds like the right time to buy shares in a company that sells defibrillators
  • Bonne is shit . Doesn't even know the offside rule . 
  • People not understanding that the right striker will contribute a huge amount by bringing more goals out of the rest of the team and helping turn our massive possession into regular consistent goal threat, despite us playing 9 games already is genuinely mind blowing to me. The striker needs to contribute more than just goal threat, we've seen that with Stockley. He managed to provide a decent goal return under Jackson but now he's not well suited to what we're doing and that's to do with his physical attributes more than his finishing. We don't need someone with a history of 20 goals a season, we need someone with a bit of pace who can stretch the backline and push into the channels to provide space in front of goal for the inverted wingers we have
    Who doesn’t see that? It’s been stated multiple times by multiple people over the last couple of weeks particularly. 
  • edited September 2022
    LTKapal said:
    So the 95% done deal for the striker is looking unlikely. No surprise. 
    Seeing as it’s looking unlikely, don’t suppose you know who it was? 😉
    It’s @Covered_End_Lad that is ITK rather than Covered End

@Covered_End_Lad - how are things looking now. Still confident the names you heard yesterday will walk through the cafc door tonight?

Surely the door is wide open for Harry McKirdy now talks have broken down with Hibs. Never gonna a get a better chance to do a last min deal with Swindon than now (maybe DJ the other way).
  • Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:
    If the Manager thinks Bonne can do a job that's good enough for me, on the proviso that he passes a test on the offside rule before he signs
    You really think Garner had a say in it. 3 hours before the window shuts and we are scrambling around the bargain bins yet again. 

Dont think Bonne is the player to get in behind defences that Sandgarrd mooted 2 days ago. Always offside & his finishing is worse than Washington's. 
     I know it's not saying much, but Bonne's finishing was one of his best attributes. The issue was the rest of his game.

With the number of sitters he misses that as an exceptionally low bar. 
    Really don't want him back. 

Loan if it happens ….. we never got anywhere the 2 mill that was mentioned for him 
    No, it was 1.98 mill... ;)
  • Chris Maguire anyone?
    No thanks