Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    All I'm reading on here on a night that nothing has even been announced...

Waaaah waaaah waaaah

Welcome to CharltonLife, you must be new here

The transfer window cant close soon enough - The whinging wont stop because every failed victory, every miss in front of goal will be greeted with "I told you so" as the desperation to be right is the biggest embarrassment on here

But at least the endless: "Sign a Striker" on every possible thread will fuck off!!
    To be replaced with 
    "We should have signed x, y or z"
    You both really liked Bonne didn't you?
  • We have made contact with Millwall about Olaofe 
    There's only one Isaac Tanitoluwaloba Aduraoluwatimileyin Olaofe!
    I'm gonna get his complete name on a shirt

and another shirt

and another shirt.
  • edited September 2022
    Pudds said:
    Not convinced it's Bonne until it's on the OS. I don't hate it as much as others but he was truly dreadful in the cup game a couple of weeks ago.

Offered nothing and was completely outshone by a youngster with ten senior appearances in non-league.
    Singing Bonne makes no sense, he’s at best going to be our 4th choice, and quite frankly I’m not 100% sure I’d have him over Kanu
    Kanu has the potential to be a star ONE DAY - But to have him over Bonne is ludicrous at this point in time.

He needs more work in the U23s and in the crappy cup competitions, he's got the talent, but he's so raw at the moment, he proved that last night - Throw him in the first team at the moment and you'll ruin him like Joe Pigott was.

I mean we had absolutely no patience with Mason Burstow, and he looked more ready than Kanu does.
  • cabster said:
    If we do sign Bonne, it will be the third transfer window in a row in which we’ve re-signed a former forward. Leko, Aneke, Bonne. 🙄
    Looking forward to Darren Bent and Clive Mendonca re-signing next window.
  • Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Unlike Stockley and Washington, Bonne can score different types of goals, he’s an all rounder which is what we need. He can get in behind, he can score with his head from crosses, score with his feet from low crosses and with both feet. He’s more mobile than Stockley so will be a lot better for our high press

https://youtu.be/6uEHLZkNego I think most people are forgetting how good he was pre-lockdown in that season 
    And how bad he was at Ipswich. Missed a couple of sitters, one where he had a open goal, tripped over the ball & it went wide. 
    This one?
    Yes, that's the one.
  • cabster said:
    If we do sign Bonne, it will be the third transfer window in a row in which we’ve re-signed a former forward. Leko, Aneke, Bonne. 🙄
    Killer and Flash incoming !!!
  • New chant if he comes in (sung to Spam by Monty Python)

Lovely Bonne! Wonderful Bonne!

Lovely Bonne! Wonderful Bonne!

B-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-e
    B-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-e
    B-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-e
    B-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-e

Lovely Bonne! (Lovely Bonne!)

Lovely Bonne! (Lovely Bonne!)

Lovely Bonne!

Bonne, Boone, Bonne, Bonne!

• cabster said:
    Killer and Flash incoming !!!
    Horsfield and Tees 
  • Don’t know why but I have a feeling we might end up with Bonne back on loan by the end of the window 
    Called it!
  • Sponsored links:

• “Where are the goals going to come from”

Stockley 20 last season.
    Bonne 12 last season.
    Aneke 16 last full season in league one.

”Ggrrrr!!! Im done”
    Not all League goals......unless goals scored in the Pizza Trophy or FA Cup gets you promoted. 
  • Not convinced it's Bonne until it's on the OS. I don't hate it as much as others but he was truly dreadful in the cup game a couple of weeks ago.

Offered nothing and was completely outshone by a youngster with ten senior appearances in non-league.
    I am not angry, or won't be if, we sign Bonne. 

I am disappointed we have been at least one striker short for over a year and the solution is an 11th hour loan for a former player that didn't leave with a glowing appraisal from Bowyer, Gallen and Thomas.  They basically publicly pissed themselves, and patted them selves on the back, for the fee we got. 

Very much like Murray did when we sold Leaburn Mk1. 
  • edited September 2022
    Macauley effing Bonne. What was the question again?
    What player seemingly triggers a large number of Charlton fans more than any other?
    Lyle Scott Taylor Parker?

And for those of a certain age, Jermaine 'Judas' Defoe.
  • Why the fuck would we sign Bonne.  Another dud.  We might as well sign Bogle.  
  • If it’s Bonne that comes in I can only assume we’ve missed out on  all our other forward targets. I don’t see any way that Macauley was ever on our original list.
  • For the record I think that Bonne is probably better than Stockley in front of goal. Better with his head & better with his feet. 

But that doesn't mean I'd want him starting every week. Neither are good enough in this team or good enough in any team that wants promotion.
  • “Where are the goals going to come from”

Stockley 20 last season.
    Bonne 12 last season.
    Aneke 16 last full season in league one.

”Ggrrrr!!! Im done”
    Not all League goals......unless goals scored in the Pizza Trophy or FA Cup gets you promoted. 
    “Where are the goals going to come from” 
    You need to be more specific with your meltdowns then.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Why the fuck would we sign Bonne.  Another dud.  We might as well sign Bogle.  
    At least ‘Bogle & Bonne’ is a decent line for journalists !!! 
  • The ball does not have to be played forward for there to be an offside.
  • Pudds said:
    Not convinced it's Bonne until it's on the OS. I don't hate it as much as others but he was truly dreadful in the cup game a couple of weeks ago.

Singing Bonne makes no sense, he’s at best going to be our 4th choice, and quite frankly I’m not 100% sure I’d have him over Kanu
    Kanu has the potential to be a star ONE DAY - But to have him over Bonne is ludicrous at this point in time.

He needs more work in the U23s and in the crappy cup competitions, he's got the talent, but he's so raw at the moment, he proved that last night - Throw him in the first team at the moment and you'll ruin him like Joe Pigott was.

I mean we had absolutely no patience with Mason Burstow, and he looked more ready than Kanu does.
    As a 4th choice in a system where we only play 1, I’d say it’s unlikely you will stunt his development that much.
  • If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could find?
  • Pudds said:
    Pudds said:

As a 4th choice in a system where we only play 1, I’d say it’s unlikely you will stunt his development that much.
    If we get a striker in we can loan him out or keep him for the cup games. 

Kanu should not be playing League One football at this stage. 
  • Scoham said:
    If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could find?
    ”Macauley is good player, a natural finisher. A known quantity, we’ve seen he can score goals when he was last with us.”
  • Scoham said:
    If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could find?
    "Tony Watt was not available".
  • cabster said:
    We re-signed signed Stockley as well.
  • Scoham said:
    Macauley is someone we obviously know well, and he knows us from his previous spell with us.

He left first time round because we received a fee that we felt as though we couldnt refuse - It was an option that the player wanted to take up, yet has understandably seen his game time limited with QPR

I've of course got a good relationship with X at Loftus Road - So when he became available at this late hour

We thought it was too good an opportunity to turn down.