Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Why the fuck would we sign Bonne.  Another dud.  We might as well sign Bogle.  
    Now let's not be silly....
  • Breaking - Aneke out for the remainder of his contract 
  • I haven't seem a game this year yet. But could Leaburn actually be a solid League 1 striker by some point this season? Is his emergence making potential incoming strikers think twice?
  • Mike said:
    Getting bonne in better not stifle Leaburns progress and involvement in the team
    Been saying that for weeks .. but people still went on about waiting 2/3 players .. wonder if these people watched our young players last night would rather give them a go and build a team
    round them 
  • “Where are the goals going to come from”

Stockley 20 last season.
    Bonne 12 last season.
    Aneke 16 last full season in league one.

”Ggrrrr!!! Im done”
    Not all League goals......unless goals scored in the Pizza Trophy or FA Cup gets you promoted. 
    “Where are the goals going to come from” 
    You need to be more specific with your meltdowns then.  
    Rather obvious I would have thought. Watching & debating League game surely the debatei is how many LEAGUE goals a particularly player might score. You might only play 5 cup games and goals a bored in those games dont get you promoted. 

Goals against your peers- not against League 2 or non league clubs. 
  • Scoham said:
    If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could find?
    We signed a player that scored 12 goals last year, in our division, in a formation where he played up top on his own? 

Something along those lines maybe. 
  • Pudds said:
    Pudds said:
    Not convinced it's Bonne until it's on the OS. I don't hate it as much as others but he was truly dreadful in the cup game a couple of weeks ago.

Offered nothing and was completely outshone by a youngster with ten senior appearances in non-league.
    Singing Bonne makes no sense, he’s at best going to be our 4th choice, and quite frankly I’m not 100% sure I’d have him over Kanu
    Kanu has the potential to be a star ONE DAY - But to have him over Bonne is ludicrous at this point in time.

He needs more work in the U23s and in the crappy cup competitions, he's got the talent, but he's so raw at the moment, he proved that last night - Throw him in the first team at the moment and you'll ruin him like Joe Pigott was.

I mean we had absolutely no patience with Mason Burstow, and he looked more ready than Kanu does.
    As a 4th choice in a system where we only play 1, I’d say it’s unlikely you will stunt his development that much.
    If we get a striker in we can loan him out or keep him for the cup games. 

Kanu should not be playing League One football at this stage. 
    And neither should Bonne in a promotion chasing team.

Kanu isn’t currently in the match day squad, Bonne doesn’t improve us and I would argue would not make the squad as we stand either. If we had Leaburn and Bonne on the bench, which one would you rather bring on up front for JS or with JS if you were chasing a game?

Bonne is a more mobile, less prolific, less aerially competent and shorter JS.
  • Scoham said:
    If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could find?
    I wonder if the "we had QPR's pants down" interviews are still online?
  • I haven't seem a game this year yet. But could Leaburn actually be a solid League 1 striker by some point this season? Is his emergence making potential incoming strikers think twice?
    In certain games yes... However he looked a fish out of water when he came on against Sheffield Wednesday, and felt his inability to hold the ball up was one of the reasons that they took control of the game and won.

On other occasions against weaker defences he's shown his potential.
  • Scoham said:
    I'm sure Pompey, Ipswich or Sheff Wed aren't saying this tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rain  !!

We finally have rain. 

• Tug the cabin boy

• edited September 2022
    Scoham said:

"Well we left off making a serious offer for our main target as all the best deals happen on deadline day when clubs accept less.money, sadly a championship club came in and signed him so I quickly flicked through my old contacts book and went to QPR to ask for temporary refund on macauley. He's a great finisher, can get in behind and we're all very excited by the opportunity" 
  • Scoham said:
    What’s he going to say when we sign no one at all…
  • Tug the cabin boy
    Thought it was Roger the cabin boy ?
  • Does the window close at 11?
  • Scoham said:
    If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could 

So when he became available at this late hour

We thought it was too good an opportunity to turn down.
    Exactly what Gallen said about Paul Smyth. almost word for word. 
  • Why the fuck would we sign Bonne.  Another dud.  We might as well sign Bogle.  
    Now let's not be silly....
    I think I have misunderstood the nature of this forum...
  • Does the window close at 11?
    Yes
  • Rossman92 said:
    Bonne as cover for Stockley and Aneke is pretty good for League 1, stop the whinging 
    Do we not need a replacement?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    If we sign Bonne what's Gallen going to say when they interview him? We ran out of options so brought back Macauley as he was the best we could 

So when he became available at this late hour

We thought it was too good an opportunity to turn down.
    Exactly what Gallen said about Paul Smyth. almost word for word. 
    Please stop questioning our Lord and Saviour Steve Gallen, if a signing is shit then it's Martin Sandgaard's fault, just like it was Driesen's
  • Are we there yet ? 
  • Scoham said:
    Could you do everyone a favour and just give it a rest until the deadline passes? Honestly doing my head in having you doing your moaning bit before the window is even closed. We could sign literally anyone or no-one before then. Spare us your routine until then eh?
  • Scoham said:
    Could you do everyone a favour and just give it a rest until the deadline passes? Honestly doing my head in having you doing your moaning bit before the window is even closed. We could sign literally anyone or no-one before then. Spare us your routine until then eh?
    There genuinely should be a negative thread. No positive comments allowed.  
  • Humphrys Was too expensive.  Annoyingly.  

Good player
  • Scoham said:
    There genuinely should be a negative thread. No positive comments allowed.  
    Isnt that every thread - Should be a positive thread with no negative comments allowed.
  • If you want someone to keep getting caught offside and missing chances, then Bonne's your man.

What's with the collective amnesia hereabouts?

Selling him to QPR was one of the most un-Charlton transfer deals in recent memory - they were desperate and we managed to offload someone who wasn't good enough and get paid handsomely for it in the process.

We need him back like we need an outbreak of Ebola in the dressing room.
    If what you are saying about him is correct then it will please many on here, as that's exactly what Washington used to do and apparently he's a world beater now.
  • My God what a negative reaction there will be if we sign Bonne. A player booed and laughed at when we played QPR. He was offside most of the game, shocking.