Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Don’t understand people saying cover for Stockley, Stockley isn’t good enough we need a replacement wasn’t that the point?
    YES.

Sandgaard saw for himself on Saturday. And yet he thinks the answer is Bonne.

Ye gods.
  • Chunes said:
    Wonder how long will Bonne will live off that purple patch with us. Since then what has he done:

3 goals in 37 for QPR. 

12 goals in 43 for Ipswich.

This is a player who is primarily a 'goalscorer' and offers very little outside the box.
    Average goals (if you include non league goals) is just over 3.5 matches - that’s not a ‘prolific’ goal scorer in my book
  • Given I'm in Rhodes and 2 hours ahead I think it's pretty inconsiderate of Charlton not to have had their business concluded by 8pm BST.
  • Doesn’t matter who the player was, the same people would be clutching their pearls
  • Truly Boglesque
  • NabySarr said:
    Unlike Stockley and Washington, Bonne can score different types of goals, he’s an all rounder which is what we need. He can get in behind, he can score with his head from crosses, score with his feet from low crosses and with both feet. He’s more mobile than Stockley so will be a lot better for our high press

https://youtu.be/6uEHLZkNego I think most people are forgetting how good he was pre-lockdown in that season 
    And how bad he was at Ipswich. Missed a couple of sitters, one where he had a open goal, tripped over the ball & it went wide. 
    FFS this has reached the depths where I am agreeing with @golfaddick 🤦🏻
  • Getting bonne in better not stifle Leaburns progress and involvement in the team
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    Truly Boglesque
    Bogle held the ball up and brought other players into the game 
  • Not even a peep the last couple of hours.

The quiet before the storm? Or just a typical CAFC deadline day?
    We're still considering  :/ Surely we all know that we're going to be disappointed.
  • Bonne was offside 3 times in our game against QPR
    Isn't that a reflection on how well our defence played on the night rather than Bonne , let's face it off side is gonna happen no matter who the player is if the defence is on the ball..
  • Would like to see the details of the strategy that results in us re-signing Bonne on deadline day
    It's called the "We're fucked...quick!" strategy.
  • Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Unlike Stockley and Washington, Bonne can score different types of goals, he’s an all rounder which is what we need. He can get in behind, he can score with his head from crosses, score with his feet from low crosses and with both feet. He’s more mobile than Stockley so will be a lot better for our high press

https://youtu.be/6uEHLZkNego I think most people are forgetting how good he was pre-lockdown in that season 
    And how bad he was at Ipswich. Missed a couple of sitters, one where he had a open goal, tripped over the ball & it went wide. 
    This one?
    Every striker miss chances even ones that cost tens of millions .. 
  • Bonne, McKirdy and a CB. 
    Not gonna happen but I would take that all day long
    Haaland, Naymar, VVD.

Not going to happen but I would take that all day long.

GBOGH
  • Birmingham set to pay 750,000 for the chesterfield striker … football gone mad non league player going for that much now we can see how difficult it is when these prices are so out of control 
    but it won't be that much initially will it? Just like you just said we didn't get 2m for Bonne.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Not convinced it's Bonne until it's on the OS. I don't hate it as much as others but he was truly dreadful in the cup game a couple of weeks ago.

Offered nothing and was completely outshone by a youngster with ten senior appearances in non-league.
  • edited September 2022
    I wish i had a pot, i would piss in it, then borrow a window and throw it out of it. BUT I HAVE NEITHER POT, NOR WINDOW
    Thats how i feel about this transfer window.

• Dazzler21 said:
    All I'm reading on here on a night that nothing has even been announced...

Waaaah waaaah waaaah

Welcome to CharltonLife, you must be new here

The transfer window cant close soon enough - The whinging wont stop because every failed victory, every miss in front of goal will be greeted with "I told you so" as the desperation to be right is the biggest embarrassment on here

But at least the endless: "Sign a Striker" on every possible thread will fuck off!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Waaaah waaaah waaaah

The transfer window cant close soon enough - The whinging wont stop because every failed victory, every miss in front of goal will be greeted with "I told you so" as the desperation to be right is the biggest embarrassment on here

But at least the endless: "Sign a Striker" on every possible thread will fuck off!!
    To be replaced with 
    "We should have signed x, y or z"
  • Like some others, I don’t understand the extreme negativity about Bonne. A bit of social contagion going on, I reckon.
    Totally agree with this wad a very good player for us. Always gave 100 percent for us and I would be really happy if he came back. If we signed Ronaldo some on here would still moan about him being too old. Jokers.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Waaaah waaaah waaaah

To be replaced with 
    "We should have signed x, y or z"
    Christ especially if they score against us... "Why werent we in for him"
  • If we do sign Bonne, it will be the third transfer window in a row in which we’ve re-signed a former forward. Leko, Aneke, Bonne. 🙄
  • Not convinced it's Bonne until it's on the OS. I don't hate it as much as others but he was truly dreadful in the cup game a couple of weeks ago.

Offered nothing and was completely outshone by a youngster with ten senior appearances in non-league.
    Singing Bonne makes no sense, he’s at best going to be our 4th choice, and quite frankly I’m not 100% sure I’d have him over Kanu